“Park and Fly” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Decatur, Texas
“Park and Fly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

OK, this place is not new. It does, however have a terrific staff that ensure you will enjoy your stay. The rooms are quiet and comfortable, the free breakfast is tasty, and they drove me to the airport. They let me park my vehicle for two weeks free - heck, I paid for the room by dodging the airport parking fees!

You know what is strange? I stay at a 4 star hotel, and I have to pay to park...and pay for internet access...and pay for breakfast. I stay here and all of that is free!

Go figure.

Room Tip: There is no elevator - shoot for the first floor if stairs will be a problem for you.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
GM6835, General Manager at Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Dear Decatur-Longhorn -

This is Lisa Hellevang, General Manager at the Sioux Falls Days Inn Airport. I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I'm so glad that you found the Park and Fly package convenient as well as a great value. We try taking some of the stress out of traveling, by having breakfast ready at 4 am for those early morning flights, as well as dropping you off at the front door of the airport, instead of lugging your suitcase across the parking lots at the airport.

When your travels bring you back to the Sioux Falls area, we would be honored to have you stay with us again.

Many thanks!!

Lisa and your friends at the Sioux Falls Days Inn Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Piedmont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

Not only did I get a nice, clean room for the night but you let me park my car there for two weeks while I went on the vacation of a lifetime! The staff was very helpful with the airport shuttle service and giving me directions. Thanks so much.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
GM6835, General Manager at Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Dear Breezy57769 -

Thank you so much for writing a review of your stay at the Sioux Falls Days Inn Airport. We are very happy that we were able to be part of your "vacation of your lifetime." We are pleased that you found your room clean, our staff friendly and that you were able to take advantage of our Park and Fly package.

We sincerely hope that when you are in the Sioux Falls area that you will stay with us again, whether it is another trip of a lifetime, or just a getaway to the city.

Looking forward to seeing you again-

Lisa Hellevang, General Manager and the entire staff at the Sioux Falls Days Inn Airport
Locust
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Nice people, Great service, for what it cost me. with in walking of fast food, sit down restaurants.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
GM6835, General Manager at Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
Dear Kevin,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Sioux Falls Days Inn Airport. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us while you were in Sioux Falls. I hope you were able to enjoy some of the great things to see while you were in the area. If you are ever in the Sioux Falls, SD area again, I hope you will stay at the Days Inn Airport again.

Thanks again!

Lisa Hellevang, GM and the entire staff at the Sioux Falls Days Inn Airport
Antigo, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

We stayed here on our way home from a Rocky Mt. vacation. Arrived late and was greeted by friendly staff. Our room was spotless and comfortable. I loved having 4 pillows for each bed! I had a bad experience with a Days Inn in a different state, so was thrilled at how nice this one was.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
GM6835, General Manager at Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Dear Linkyupnorth:

Thank you for writing a review on your stay at the Days Inn Airport - Sioux Falls, SD. I am so glad that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel - and that you chose to try Days Inn once again. As a pillow lover, I always enjoy having a number of soft, fluffy pillows available, too! I'm also glad that you found your room clean - the housekeepers work very hard and take great pride in their work.

The next time you're in the Sioux Falls area, we hope you'll stay with us again.

Many thanks!

Lisa Hellevang, GM and the entire staff at the Days Inn Airport Sioux Falls, SD
Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

Well, when I arrived at the hotel I saw a whole lot of trucks and bikers and the hotel was right next to this small casino. At this point I knew what was in store for my night. The hotel was quite dirty and the backdoor (that at one time had a key access) was broken. Out of all of the hotels I stayed at in my lifetime, I can say that I felt the least safe at this hotel. The bathroom had hair all over it (although in their defense I wouldn't have noticed--my wife did) and the room smelled...funky. Most of the clientele at this place were big burly trucker or biker looking dudes that made me think twice (and I'm a pretty big guy myself). The only plus was that the breakfast started at 4:00 AM, however, I wasn't able to make it due to my early flight. Nevertheless, I will never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
GM6835, General Manager at Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Dear Fornit:

I want to thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. From your description, it sounds like you were in town during the Sturgis Bike Rally, held in Sturgis, SD. Although Sturgis is 350 miles from Sioux Falls, we do have many travelers from the east stay here while travelling to and from the Rally. I'm sorry that you did not feel safe while staying at our hotel while the bikers were here; we've never encountered any safety issues while they were our guests.

We hope that you'll give us another opportunity to make it up to you the next time you're flying in or out of Sioux Falls. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.

Lisa Hellevang, General Manager
Fort Collins, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

We arrived at midnight (as planned) as saw people loitering out front drinking and smoking. The clerk gave us our room and keycard. The outside entrance door to the back parking lot was broken and not secure. My family opened our room door only to find someone already sleeping there. It was a bit embarrasing for everyone. We went to the desk again and told them of the situation. The clerk was not embarrassed or apologetic. She spent about 15 minutes trying to figure out who was in the room. I didn't care who was in the room...I just wanted to go to bed. Another desk clerk indicated they only had one room left and she would quickly go clean it and off she went with a plunger. The "cleaning" didn't take long...which was a bit disturbing also. The hallway had lots of stains on the carpet. Our room was not clean...I had my children wear flip flops everwhere. It was noisy. I was quite disappointed, and felt we overpaid. The cleaning lady was serving dual roles...breakfast duty/maid. The breakfast was picked over and not replenished when we arrived at around 9. The staff was unprofessional.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
GM6835, General Manager at Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
Dear Travelingmama333,

As the general manager of this hotel, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependant on the feedback we receive from customers like you. I'm sorry to hear that you were not comfortable during your stay - we strive to make each guest feel as if they were at home. We hope that you'll give us another opportunity to make this up to you the next time you are passing through. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.

Lisa Hellevang, General Manager
Hampshire, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

As a business traveler, I choose the Sioux Falls Days Inn Airport because it's always convienent. I have found it to be Clean, Quiet & Reasonble. The staff is excellent.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
GM6835, General Manager at Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
Dear Jeffyboy11-

Thank you very much for your continued business. I am so pleased to hear that you have always been happy with your stays at the Sioux Falls Days Inn Airport. We do pride ourselves in providing clean and quiet guest rooms. We also strive to provide friendly customer service.

Thank you again for your business. I hope that if you know of anyone needing hotel rooms in Sioux Falls, you will refer them to the Days Inn Airport.

See you next time!

Lisa and your friends at the Sioux Falls Days Inn Airport

Been to Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport? Share your experiences!