“Great Price, Great Room” 5 of 5 stars

Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5001 N Cliff Avenue/I-90, Sioux Falls, SD 57104   |
Ranked #41 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Locust
“Great Price, Great Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Nice people, Great service, for what it cost me. with in walking of fast food, sit down restaurants.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
GM6835, General Manager at Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
Dear Kevin,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Sioux Falls Days Inn Airport. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us while you were in Sioux Falls. I hope you were able to enjoy some of the great things to see while you were in the area. If you are ever in the Sioux Falls, SD area again, I hope you will stay at the Days Inn Airport again.

Thanks again!

Lisa Hellevang, GM and the entire staff at the Sioux Falls Days Inn Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Antigo, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

We stayed here on our way home from a Rocky Mt. vacation. Arrived late and was greeted by friendly staff. Our room was spotless and comfortable. I loved having 4 pillows for each bed! I had a bad experience with a Days Inn in a different state, so was thrilled at how nice this one was.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
GM6835, General Manager at Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Dear Linkyupnorth:

Thank you for writing a review on your stay at the Days Inn Airport - Sioux Falls, SD. I am so glad that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel - and that you chose to try Days Inn once again. As a pillow lover, I always enjoy having a number of soft, fluffy pillows available, too! I'm also glad that you found your room clean - the housekeepers work very hard and take great pride in their work.

The next time you're in the Sioux Falls area, we hope you'll stay with us again.

Many thanks!

Lisa Hellevang, GM and the entire staff at the Days Inn Airport Sioux Falls, SD
Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

Well, when I arrived at the hotel I saw a whole lot of trucks and bikers and the hotel was right next to this small casino. At this point I knew what was in store for my night. The hotel was quite dirty and the backdoor (that at one time had a key access) was broken. Out of all of the hotels I stayed at in my lifetime, I can say that I felt the least safe at this hotel. The bathroom had hair all over it (although in their defense I wouldn't have noticed--my wife did) and the room smelled...funky. Most of the clientele at this place were big burly trucker or biker looking dudes that made me think twice (and I'm a pretty big guy myself). The only plus was that the breakfast started at 4:00 AM, however, I wasn't able to make it due to my early flight. Nevertheless, I will never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
GM6835, General Manager at Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Dear Fornit:

I want to thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. From your description, it sounds like you were in town during the Sturgis Bike Rally, held in Sturgis, SD. Although Sturgis is 350 miles from Sioux Falls, we do have many travelers from the east stay here while travelling to and from the Rally. I'm sorry that you did not feel safe while staying at our hotel while the bikers were here; we've never encountered any safety issues while they were our guests.

We hope that you'll give us another opportunity to make it up to you the next time you're flying in or out of Sioux Falls. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.

Lisa Hellevang, General Manager
Fort Collins, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

We arrived at midnight (as planned) as saw people loitering out front drinking and smoking. The clerk gave us our room and keycard. The outside entrance door to the back parking lot was broken and not secure. My family opened our room door only to find someone already sleeping there. It was a bit embarrasing for everyone. We went to the desk again and told them of the situation. The clerk was not embarrassed or apologetic. She spent about 15 minutes trying to figure out who was in the room. I didn't care who was in the room...I just wanted to go to bed. Another desk clerk indicated they only had one room left and she would quickly go clean it and off she went with a plunger. The "cleaning" didn't take long...which was a bit disturbing also. The hallway had lots of stains on the carpet. Our room was not clean...I had my children wear flip flops everwhere. It was noisy. I was quite disappointed, and felt we overpaid. The cleaning lady was serving dual roles...breakfast duty/maid. The breakfast was picked over and not replenished when we arrived at around 9. The staff was unprofessional.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
GM6835, General Manager at Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
Dear Travelingmama333,

As the general manager of this hotel, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependant on the feedback we receive from customers like you. I'm sorry to hear that you were not comfortable during your stay - we strive to make each guest feel as if they were at home. We hope that you'll give us another opportunity to make this up to you the next time you are passing through. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.

Lisa Hellevang, General Manager
Hampshire, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

As a business traveler, I choose the Sioux Falls Days Inn Airport because it's always convienent. I have found it to be Clean, Quiet & Reasonble. The staff is excellent.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
GM6835, General Manager at Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
Dear Jeffyboy11-

Thank you very much for your continued business. I am so pleased to hear that you have always been happy with your stays at the Sioux Falls Days Inn Airport. We do pride ourselves in providing clean and quiet guest rooms. We also strive to provide friendly customer service.

Thank you again for your business. I hope that if you know of anyone needing hotel rooms in Sioux Falls, you will refer them to the Days Inn Airport.

See you next time!

Lisa and your friends at the Sioux Falls Days Inn Airport
longmont, colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We arrived about 8 p.m. and our accomodations were met for a room on the first floor since we were traveling with a handicapped person. The rooms were very clean, spacious, and well appointed. We enjoyed a breakfast of waffles, bagels, cereal, etc. and were very pleased with the whole experience.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
GM6835, General Manager at Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport, responded to this review, June 22, 2011
Dear SpunkySam,

I'm Lisa, the general manager at the Sioux Falls Days Inn Airport. Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us in South Dakota. We pride ourselves in keeping our hotel clean and comfortable. I am so glad that you enjoyed your breakfast before heading out of your travels for the day!

Thanks again for choosing to stay with us and for reviewing our hotel. When your travels bring you back to the Sioux Falls area, we'd be honored to have you and your family stay with us again.

All the best -

Lisa and the entire team at the Sioux Falls Days Inn Airport
WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

We stayed here one night. The hotel is older and is showing signs of it in some areas. Our room was spacious and comfortable, but noisy. We could really hear the road traffic and the rooms bathroom noises next to us (doors slamming, toilets flushing, exhaust fans). So we did not have a very good nights sleep. The staff was very friendly and helpful and recommended a great Mexican restaurant called Inca's and gave us perfect directions to it. The free breakfast was good, nice selection and a very spacious area. Our only complaint was the noise.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
GM6835, General Manager at Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport, responded to this review, September 16, 2010
Thank you for choosing the Days Inn Airport. I am glad that the staff was helpful and that you enjoyed their suggestions for dinner. I am sorry that you did not have a good night's sleep because of the noise. If you plan on being in the Sioux Falls area in the future, please call me personally, and I will make sure that you have a room away from the street. Again, thank you for your comments, and I hope to see you soon.

Been to Days Inn Sioux Falls-Airport? Share your experiences!