“It was ok” 3 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
“It was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

It would be an awesome place to bring kids... The pool area was very big and something for all ages. No continental breakfast tho. The beds were very uncomfortable. There are a lot of hotels to choose from in the Sioux Falls area if you are looking for something that has things for your kids and is a clean hotel this would be a place for you.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for the review, we appreciate hearing from our guests very much. We are just minutes from the new Pentagon, Event Center and Area for many events going on in Sioux Falls as well as minutes from a great bike trail for safe walking to downtown and numerous parks. And at the end of May our beautiful outdoor pool opens too...........double the fun!

Jan Grunewaldt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

The faucet leaked. The hot tub was in terrible shape...the water was cloudy...couldn't see the legs of the people in the hot tub it was so cloudy. People were in the hallway until I finally called the front desk at 1:30 a.m. When we checked in we asked for a cart and were told "there should be one around here someplace" no offer to help. Just an all-round in adequate experience. My husband said he would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback, and I do apologize for the negative experience. I will look into the hot tub situation; we do monitor often and the chemicals are automated as well. During peak times if people have on lotions or oils it can change quickly; our normal protocol is to close and drain. I also apologize for the late and loud guests. I do hope we'll get a chance to turn this negative into a positive.

Pierre, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

tons (miles) of rooms, but even with some remodeling its showing its age. My room was typical 2 queens, smallish bathroom, desk, cabinet with 32" TV. But everything needed attention. The heater/AC unit had the noisiest fan I've ever heard. It had a bad bearing that hurt each time it started up, ALL NIGHT LONG! floor/carpet had been kind of vacuumed, but I stumbled upon old popcorn under one of the beds. The cabinet with the TV is literally falling apart. I had great trouble in opening the top drawer as the bracket holding it was about ready to let go. I could go on, but you get the picture. Its OK, but average at best. Time to invest some money in the upkeep of this.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your comments, and I apologize we didn't meet either of our expectations. The poor vacuuming will be addressed; as well, 42" televisions and new furniture is ordered for those rooms and should be here by May! I do hope you will give us another opportunity to turn this negative into a positive. I am sure we can!

Sioux City, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stay here once a year for the gun show. It is always pleasant and adjacent to the gun show. The beds are comfortable and the food is good. We are treated well by the staff and have received a 10% coupon for future stays

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you so much for your great comments; we love our Gun Show friends, and appreciate the groups loyalty to the Ramkota Hotel all these years. Perhaps you can use that 10% coupon this summer when our beautiful outdoor pool is open, you can relax in the sun rather than the freezing we've been doing lately!

Thank you again, and see you next year for sure!

Jan and Team
Raton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

The hotel is incredible. Not only are the room immaculate, and well decorated, but the beds are comfortable and the complimentary breakfast is the best I've ever had in a hotel. The pool is warm as well. The location is great and the recent remodel is amazing.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments; we work so hard to meet our guests needs and it's so rewarding when we know we've done our job! We hope to see you again soon!

Our best,

Jan and Team
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

My husband had a business meeting at the ramkota so I decided to take the kids over to swim at the pool. The pool was great, it's nice to have a pool that you can actually swim in without freezing. Our 4 year old was especially in love with all the activities in the pool area.The hotel rooms were clean- there were a few issues in the rooms. You can tell they have had a few problems and some quick fixes. Our room had a hole in the wall where the door must have been slammed into it- the hole was patched but very poorly. The bathroom had a few quick fixes that were visable as well. We didn't actually have to pay for the room personally since it was payed for by my husbands work. However I know they were charged 92 dollars- which is way more that we would every pay for a hotel room- but I think it would be worth it based on the warm pool area alone if traveling with little kids.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments;I am so glad you and your family enjoyed the pool!

I do room inspections often and will look for the room you are referencing so we can get those issues addressed properly.

I hope we see you again!

Regards,

Jan
Spirit Lake, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We had the opportunity to spend a couple days away from home this week. We were invited to a food show that was being hosted at the Ramkota, so to make things simple, we booked a room there as well. The front desk staff was VERY friendly. Someone called and asked if our room was to our liking within 10 min of checking in. The girl who checked us in was very thorough when explaining where our room was which I appreciated. She also helped out with some late night food options.
However, when booking the room, my boyfriend was told we had some options, one of which being a "Poolside Room". Knowing about the great pool the Ramkota has (we unfortunately ran out of time and didn't even see the pool), he went with that option. Once we got to the room we were very confused about where the pool was, and we certainly were not "Poolside". We had a door on both sides of our room, one went to the hall and one went outside. I looked out the window and it appeared to be a courtyard of some sort, but I couldn't tell because it was snow covered. I tried to open the door but it was stuck, I had to jiggle the handle and push as hard as I could, after messing with the locks several times to get out. Once I was out there I took a closer look at what I assumed was a courtyard. Lo and behold, the outdoor pool. We were quite frustrated that "Poolside" was referring to the frozen hole outside our window. We wondered why we were even given that option in South Dakota at the end of January. When I came back inside, I couldn't get the door to close right again. I had to jam it shut with the privacy latch as the lock would not hold the door closed. I did not feel safe at all.
The next morning we were due to check out, at 11. We had received an express checkout receipt under our door, which would be nice if we were leaving right away, but like I said, this was our vacation. We wanted to request a late check out if at all possible. We decided against that at about 9:45am when the housekeeper was trying to get in our room for the third time that morning. So much for sleeping in on our vacation.
The great staff at the front desk was about the only savior to our otherwise disappointing stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you so much for your comments, and positive comments on the front desk associates. I really apologize for the poolside room error. If you give me a call I will happily adjust your rate to non-poolside. I hope you enjoyed the Food Show.

I do hope I hear from you,

Jan Grunewaldt

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel? Share your experiences!