“Very nice stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Little Falls, United States
“Very nice stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Clean, smells good, great décor. Would stay again. Refrig. in room, microwave in room, nice TV. Fun accommodations for our huge square dance group. Quiet in room. Staff very friendly. I do recommend the parmesan fries in the restaurant. The people I was with had the great buffet. Very reasonable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your very nice comments; we know Fall is here when the Square Dancers arrive! We're so proud to be your host site every November, thank you so much for you business. See you next year........Happy Dancing!

Jan and Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Billings, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I had to plan a conference for work and we chose the Best Western. The staff was great to work with and very responsive to my needs and accommodating of our large group. I would definitely recommend if you are looking for a place to hold meetings and events.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank you so much Sarah for the nice comments, we are so glad things went well for you and your group. We appreciate your business very much and hope you will be back!

Ramkota Hotel Staff and Management;

Wahpeton, North Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Four trips to the front desk, at 9 pm and 3 times from 4 am to 4:45 am, had no one at or near the front desk. Our no smoking room, smelled like an ashtray. The music from the attached Exhibit Hall, was overwhelming loud. Why did they put anybody on that side of the building? A change of rooms, meant no king bed. I will look elsewhere before staying again.

Room Tip: Ask if there are events that will impact your stay.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Thank you again for your comments; per our conversation I regret another function and others poor manners had a negative impact on your stay. I appreciate that you noted after the discount given and my immediate attention to your prior note you'd consider staying with us again.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We paid a decent amount of money to stay in a family suite while in Sioux Falls, so I expected a lot more than what this hotel had to offer. The first room we were assigned to smelled of musty cigarette smoke, so we had to request a different room. The hotel staff changed us to a new suite that smelled better, but the condition of the room was pretty worn out... It seems like the rooms may vary in cleanliness and upkeep considerably from one room to another. For the price we paid, we could have stayed at a much newer and cleaner hotel. It was an ok stay, but not the comfy bed, nice linens kind of place your would expect for the cost of the room.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you for your comments; we are a non-smoking hotel but we will take special note when checking rooms. We do buy linen monthly, I am sorry we didn't meet your expectations. We are currently painting all guest rooms; they will all soon smell and look fresh. I do hope in the future we'll have an opportunity to turn this negative into a positive. I am sure we could!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

First, this motel is huge and is like a maze. You can easily get lost which is why they had a map on most corners so you can find your room.

Second, a word of warning that not all rooms have windows and some rooms have windows that open onto corridors so you have to keep your curtains closed at all times, so its like having no windows anyway. These inhumane rooms shouldn't be offered to any guests and really should be offered at a discount.

Third, if you have a room with an adjoining living area, there are no doors separating the bedroom from the living room. There is a door frame but no door.

Quality of breakfast buffet is below average. I suggest you order from the menu.

Service generally was good but was very disappointed after complaining about a faulty air conditioner and noone followed up. I had to remind them a second time. After that, all efforts were made to accommodate me in another room by the Manager and a credit was offered. This was excellent customer service.

On checking out, I wasn't given a statement, and thought it would be emailed to me, but wasn't.

I think if you pay less than $90 for a room here, it is value for money. However, $160 for a room without a window is not, even if the room has a living area.

• Stayed September 2013
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them and take them to heart. I do hope we see you again so we can turn this negative into a positive,

Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Grand hotel in many ways. Good restaurant, lounge, indoor pool and outdoor pool, large clean rooms with the best beds anywhere. Very freindly staff - in fact I met who I think was the manager two years ago in the parking lot (we were there for Hot Harley Nights) and she made me feel like a special hotel guest. This place is huge, you could get lost and, we were there on a Saturday night so, it was also slightly noisey but, that goes away as soon as you close your door.
I just don't remember it being so pricey last time - maybe it was and I'm just getting cheaper. But, other than in room coffee and coffee in the lobby, nothing was complentary. No manager's reception or even complimentary free drink. Add on $8.00 - $15.00 per person for breakfast to a $135.00 base room price, I have to rate it a poor value. Too bad I reallly like everything else about it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it a lot. I am sorry you didn't feel like the value was worth your rate. We do have a breakfast package, please ask for that next time, and please ask to see me. Drink ticket on me!

Hope to see you again,

whitewood, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I had requested a room on the ground floor close to the pool and was very pleased,nice room excellent location by the pool! The staff was very cordial and helpful. I will definitely stay here every trip to Sioux falls! Thank You

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you so much for the nice review, so glad you had a good time! Hope to see you again soon.

Jan Grunewaldt

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel? Share your experiences!