“Motel charging hotel prices ..” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2 & Earn a Reward
Ranked #29 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
“Motel charging hotel prices ..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

First, this motel is huge and is like a maze. You can easily get lost which is why they had a map on most corners so you can find your room.

Second, a word of warning that not all rooms have windows and some rooms have windows that open onto corridors so you have to keep your curtains closed at all times, so its like having no windows anyway. These inhumane rooms shouldn't be offered to any guests and really should be offered at a discount.

Third, if you have a room with an adjoining living area, there are no doors separating the bedroom from the living room. There is a door frame but no door.

Quality of breakfast buffet is below average. I suggest you order from the menu.

Service generally was good but was very disappointed after complaining about a faulty air conditioner and noone followed up. I had to remind them a second time. After that, all efforts were made to accommodate me in another room by the Manager and a credit was offered. This was excellent customer service.

On checking out, I wasn't given a statement, and thought it would be emailed to me, but wasn't.

I think if you pay less than $90 for a room here, it is value for money. However, $160 for a room without a window is not, even if the room has a living area.

• Stayed September 2013
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them and take them to heart. I do hope we see you again so we can turn this negative into a positive,

Jan Grunewaldt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Grand hotel in many ways. Good restaurant, lounge, indoor pool and outdoor pool, large clean rooms with the best beds anywhere. Very freindly staff - in fact I met who I think was the manager two years ago in the parking lot (we were there for Hot Harley Nights) and she made me feel like a special hotel guest. This place is huge, you could get lost and, we were there on a Saturday night so, it was also slightly noisey but, that goes away as soon as you close your door.
I just don't remember it being so pricey last time - maybe it was and I'm just getting cheaper. But, other than in room coffee and coffee in the lobby, nothing was complentary. No manager's reception or even complimentary free drink. Add on $8.00 - $15.00 per person for breakfast to a $135.00 base room price, I have to rate it a poor value. Too bad I reallly like everything else about it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it a lot. I am sorry you didn't feel like the value was worth your rate. We do have a breakfast package, please ask for that next time, and please ask to see me. Drink ticket on me!

Hope to see you again,

whitewood, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I had requested a room on the ground floor close to the pool and was very pleased,nice room excellent location by the pool! The staff was very cordial and helpful. I will definitely stay here every trip to Sioux falls! Thank You

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you so much for the nice review, so glad you had a good time! Hope to see you again soon.

Des Moines, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

The troubles with this hotel began before the trip even began and just got worse. We made our reservations online through the reservation service. My mother stays at Best Westerns almost every week because of work and always books online so we thought it would be fine. The reservations got completely messed up and when we arrived, the room we were given was not the room we booked. (We had booked a 2 bedroom suite with kitchen and living room) The room was cramped to say the least. We had planned on a room that would sleep 8 and instead ended up in a room that would sleep 6 and we were staying for an entire weekend so we had to take turns sleeping on the floor. When we addressed that we were in the incorrect room, we were told the room we booked didn't even exist in the hotel (not sure how that's even possible). The room we were given only had 1 bathroom and no table or chairs to sit in or desk. It was basically a room with beds and tvs. The room we stayed in was very clean and the woman from housekeeping who took care of our room was very sweet and did a great job (these are the reasons I gave a 2 instead of 1). The manager attempted to make up for the problem with the room with vouchers because it was a holiday weekend and there was no other way to accommodate us. They also credited us for 1 nights stay which was helpful. If this had been the only problem, I probably wouldn't have been so upset but on the second day of our stay the hallways filled with the odor of sewer being backed up and that smell never went away. The air conditioning in our room couldn't cool the room below 80 so we were very hot the entire time (it didn't even cool off at night). One day we called the front desk because we needed more towels, they said they would send someone with more, but 2 hours later, we still didn't have any and had to send someone to the front desk to get more. Later, we wanted to order a movie and couldn't get the tv to work, we called the front desk for help and got hung up on. When we called back the person said they would send maintenance and long story short no one came and we didn't get the movie. We didn't use the waterpark so I can't say anything about that. This hotel really put a negative feel on our whole vacation, save yourself the trouble and book elsewhere, I know we will in the future!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments, I am sorry our attempts to rectify your situation were unsatisfactory, and that due to occupancy our hands were tied on finding better options to fit your needs. I beleive we can turn this around if given the opportunity should you return.

Cordova, Tn.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Motel was an old Ramada Inn with indoor pool - play area and quite huge. Located not too far from the airport. My room was a double and with two beds some what crowded. Shower had very little pressure and needed extra time to rinse off. My sink was slow to drain and very little vanity room. Staff was friendly and helpful. Has a lounge and restaurant. Motel was nothing to write home about.

Room Tip: Stay away from pool side rooms - sounds float up to rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments; I do hope we have another opportunity to provide 'GREAT'. I apologize we didn't meet your expectations. We continually are updating our hotel; I believe we can turn this negative into a positive.

My best,

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here primarily for the waterpark. Unfortunately a couple of the small slides were out of order. The hot tub was not clean. Pool towels were hard to come by. We tried the outdoor pool but it was noisy and not very clean either. The air conditioning in our room did not work. Rooms appeared to be fairly updated but it is an older facility. Doubtful I would recommend the hotel to friends.

• Stayed September 2013
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your comments, and I apologize your experience was not reflective of our standard performance. Your comments will be shared with staff. I do hope we'll have a chance to turn this negative into a positive.

Milaca, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

So, I normally wouldn't review a hotel again, but I was reading some of the reviews that are posted and I'm so confused! We obviously like this hotel and stay here a lot and we wouldn't continue to stay here if it wasn't great. I see a lot of posts about housekeeping, and I'm super surprised. Our rooms are always well taken care of and in fact when we left our little guy's blankie there, housekeeping was kind enough to mail it to us (thank goodness!). We checked in late Friday night, and the front desk told us that our room was in a hallway that we being renovated and forewarned us that the hall may be a little dirty. We have no problem with that, but I asked them if the room spelled like paint if we could move. The front desk staff said they were full on Saturday but would do what they could if we needed to move. When we got the room, it had just been painted, and looked lovely. Paint odors don't bother me but give my husband terrible headaches, so I did ask to be moved. They were busy at the front desk but said they'd call right back. Instead of calling, they had someone come to the room we were leaving and escort us to the new room (poolside!). It was so nice to be accommodated! As always, the kids loved the waterpark, we enjoyed the location and the landscaping was gorgeous. We really got to enjoy the outdoor pool on this trip and all the new upgraded patio furniture. The waterpark was great (two small slides down, but I've seen them in use, so I'd say they deserved a rest!), and the kids loved the waterslide. We also love the weekend breakfast buffet! It was a great time! Thanks!

Room Tip: We've stayed on both floors and no rooms really seem far from the pool. Poolside was great, and...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you, thank you for such a detailed, nice review - you are a sweetheart! We appreciate your families business so much!

Hope to see you again soon-

Jan Grunewaldt

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel? Share your experiences!