“Hospitality at its finest!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #31 of 51 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Burlington, NJ
“Hospitality at its finest!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2008

We arrived rather tired and hungry when we got to Sioux Falls, on our way out to Mount Rushmore. The staff at the desk was so helpful, we were suspicious! We've never been greeted as nicely as we have been here. We were checked in quickly, asked us where we were heading (Rapid City), given suggestions as to where to stop for lunch and gas, and then some dinner suggestions as well. We even got help finding our room as the place does have an unusual setup and we got lost. Finally, they offered their shuttle to take us to dinner, which we did! We enjoyed an evening meal at Minerva's, and the excellent driver was not only courteous and friendly, but even managed to avoid an accident with a car that clearly didn't see us and tried to make a left turn right into our path. The pool area has a lot to do, especially for kids. It is unusual as the water is very heated, especially for a waterslide area. We found comfortable beds, nice towels, a good room arrangement, and easy access back to 29, then I-90. There is a restaurant and bar in the hotel but we didn’t visit this time. A gas station is conveniently located next door. I'd highly recomend Sioux Falls as a stop if your traveling across South Dakota.

• Liked — The friendly staff, the pool, and some great places to eat in the area.
  • Disliked — Just wish Best Western's would include breakfast.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2008

We have stayed at this hotel every time we come to Sioux Falls, SD. Our son is in the military and flies into Sioux Falls which is a 250 mile drive for us. We have always been very happy with this hotel and have always been offered a great military rate. This morning, however, when I called to make a reservation, the rate has almost doubled! I wanted a room for a Thurs. night besides and in January! I don't think this is a very good way to thank our military! I called the AmericInn and was offered a room for $35 less for the night!

Laurie Nelson
PO Box 134
Lake City, SD 57247

Stayed December 2007
RamkotaSF, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2008
Thank you for your heartfelt comments.

Please be assured the lack of the available rate during a peak time was not intended to show disrespect for the men and women fighting for our country, nor their families.
We thank them for their support.

Resectfully,

Aberdeen, SD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2008

We stayed at this location because our company christmas party was being hosted there. When we arrived in our room it was 55 degrees. We tried to get the heater to work with no luck so called the front desk. They were very quick to send a maitance worker in to try and fix the heater but didn't think he would be able to. They never offered to switch our rooms and were extremely unhelpful in helping us find an alternate. They did bring in a space heater...which would have been nice if we wanted to sleep on the floor...which we didn't because the house keeping did a very poor job of cleaning up from the guests before us. There was still used soap in the shower and potatoe chip crumbs all around the desk. There is not wireless internet in all of the rooms as advertised. Do not let the lobby fool you...as soon as you turn the corner the walls and light fixtures look like they haven't been updated in many many many years. Was NOT impressed at all and was extremely upset with the lack of customer service.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for your comments.

I am very sorry for the incident that led to such a negative impact on your family.

I have routed your comments for each department so they can see how their performance or lack of, affected you. Please know this is not the norm. We have started a call back program to welcome all of our guests upon check-in; this is a good opportunity to address any concerns right away.

Right now our hallways are being recarpeted and wallpapered so our entire image mirrors our lobby!

Please give us another opportunity to earn your loyalty......I believe in our staff and product and hope we have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

aberdeen, sd
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2008

We are actually staying at the hotel as I am writing this. WOW! We are here because my 3 year old son needs to go to the hospital in the morning. The staff has come to know our family so well and knew that we were here for a medical happening. They sent a little basket of goodies (cookies, candy and crackers and a little stuffed animal) to the room for him to make sure to let him know that they were all thinking of him. "WOW! This is the BEST HOTEL!" my 3 year old said!! What incredible customer servcice. Every time we stay here I can't believe the incredible customer service!!!
My family noticed how the halls are all looking so much brighter. I think they are putting in new carpet along with the carpeting and lights. The workout room was beyond any I have seen. They had brand new boxes of Nordic Trac and top notch equipment. Thank you, Ramkota for making us feel so special and for making us feel like family. I love staying here and this is our 4th visit since they started their Roscoe Swimming Club and my kids got some really neat green t-shirts that say "We Got Splashed" and next time they will get a gift card...they can't wait! Once again keep up the great work

Stayed January 2008
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2014
Thank you so much for the nice and detailed comments; we hope to see you again!

Our Best,

Jan and Team
aberdeen, sd
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2007

We live about 200 miles from Sioux Falls and we love staying here. 2 times a year we vacation in Sioux Falls. In the summer we stay for about 4 days and have a wonderful time. We love swimming inside and then outside when the indoor one closes. We tell our kids it is like being in Florida swimming under the stars and they always remember that! The front desk does an outstanding job with friendliness. It is great that they know us so well and remember us when we return. They have a kids swimming club and every time we visit they get a "treat" and they think that is wonderful. The prizes are very impressive! My 4 kids range in age from 3-12. If we have ever had any kind of problem (maybe needing more blankets or even a newspaper) the front desk brings it down personally. I think their customer service is above and beyond anyone I have seen. We really like staying there for many reasons. My kids love the pool area and my husband and I go down the slides too. I would recommend staying here to my friends and family and I have many times!
My kids just asked when we're going again so they can get the next level to the Roscoe Swimming Club! Keep up the great work!

• Liked — the pool and the front desk
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2007

This place should be gutted and completely rebuilt. The reviewer who said, "Don't let the lobby fool you" isn't kidding.
This place is just downright ICK. The wallpaper along the walls near the pool entrance is all buckled and peeling and the carpet is stained like there was a flood at one time but the carpet had never been replaced. The hallways WREAK of cigarette smoke, everything in the place is badly dated and I didn't find any of the staff to be particularly helpful...most especially the hostess at the hotel's restaurant. The guy at the front desk, when we checked in, didn't even know the hours for the pool - the attraction that brought us to that hotel in the first place. We wouldn't let our children use the two animal slides as the structures you slide through were held together with what appeared to be duct tape. They are fiberglass structures and the broken areas left exposed from the duct tape repairs were jagged and sharp. After my morning shower, I noticed a large bug leg (my suspicion is a roach) sticking out from one of the vent holes in the ceiling fan cover. EW. I wouldn't even let my kids sit on the floor in our room to watch TV. The beds were FAR from comfortable. I would say, most definitely, stay somewhere else. I know if we ever pass through Sioux Falls again, we will.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Our stay.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
RamkotaSF, General manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2007
Thank you for your comments from your October visit. If I stand in your shoes I certainly understand. We actually had the pool area out of order from October 28 until November 9 where the entire area has been repainted and repaired. It was a busy summer and the wear was showing on the equipment. I apologize for your disappointment but it has been addressed.

The hallways are also being addressed with tile work going on right now. An investment of $250,000 is starting 12/4 of new hallway carpet and vinyl. We proudly put substantial dollars back into our property every year, sometimes it's not always visible. For example, last year we added 9 roof top units over meeting rooms that exceeded $300,000 and large scale meeting space was redone.

In reference to the bug; we do have a monthly maintenance contract with Ecolab which is industry standard. I wish we would have been able to retrieve the bug for them to look at; we've never had roaches in our hotel. Please always make us aware if there are issues so they may be addressed right away. We will always make it right.

I hope we will have the opportunity to earn your loyalty in future. I believe in our product and know we can turn your experience around.

Ia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2007

I stayed at this hotel in 2006. it had only one slide..... but it was still amazing. everyone that i met there was nice. although i would have to say that the woman at the front desgot a little pissy when my friends & i went to walk aroun the hotel. she wasn't very nice. but otherwise, i owuld definately reccomend this hotel to a friend who likes action, but not too much action.

• Liked — I think i liked the pool t. my family & i never really go anywhere unless it has a pool
  • Disliked — i did not like that one specific person that worked at the front desk the nights we stayed.
  • Stayed October 2006
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience, and I apologize we let you down. I would love if you would give me a call so we could talk out your experience. This time of year it's extremely difficult to keep entrances clean with all the salt and snow being tracked in but we'll step it up! We make significant upgrades and address integrity issues yearly to the building, with much more planned for the next 3 years. I hope we get to visit.

My Best,

Jan

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel? Share your experiences!