“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 49 hotels in Sioux Falls
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We always stay here when traveling through Sioux Falls. The rooms and the motel are always great and never have any issues.

One suggestion would be to have more people at the front desk. While checking in both times the two people were just swamped with people wanting to check in, the phones were ringing and there were people in the offices who I would have thought could have picked up the phone and put it on hold for the desk clerks instead of looking out the door to see if someone was going to answer the phone.
The motel is always a nice place and a good price, plus we have our dog and the motel allows pets.

Room Tip: If you have pets make sure you ask for a room near an exit door,
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you very much for the nice comments, and we apologize for the wait at the desk. We've added a swing person to answer phones so this situation should be better. We're blessed to be busy, thank you!

Enjoy summer,

273 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
waukesha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had the opportunity to stay here one night upon our departure, and one night upon our return to Wi. The price to stay at this Best Western was a super great deal at just over a hundred dollars and night which really fit our budget. From the moment you walk in the Lobby you feel like you are going to be pampered. As we checked in, I was able to go to the resturant to get a fresh cup of coffee before unpacking. While I was waiting for them to bring it to me, I noticed how helpful and smiling all the employees were upon our checking in. When we arrived at our spacious double queen bedroom we were very pleased with the look and cleanliness. After about 15 minutes we got a call asking about how our check in was. I really appreciated that. OUr girls 6 and 8 LOVED the waterpark pool area. It is meant for smaller kids, I'd say up to age 10 or 12. But the outside pool was large and perfect for older kids and large groups. The food at this hotel was excellent, both from room service and from sitting down in the resturant. VERY Good prices. Kids eat for 99 cents and the breakfast buffet was reasonable. I liked that the waitress brought out a pot of coffee for me, and then asked if I would like a cup to go. ( coffee is important when traveling with kids...) What I noticed most about this Hotel is that it was really quiet. There were a ton of kids here, and I thought oh no, this means no sleep. However, it was a great nights rest with no interuptions or loud sounds from anyone. We will definatley stay here when traveling west again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review; I have posted it for all the departments to read. Hearing comments directly from our guests is the BEST way to measure our performance. Thank you again so much and we hope we're on your travel list again!

Our Best,

Brandon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We recently completed a lengthy trip with the family and this was probably the 'best' Best Western that we stayed at during our recent trip. Although not a 'free' breakfast, it was very inexpensive, unlike other hotel restaurants. The waitress/hostess also offered sight-seeing advice which was greatly appreciated. There were two separate pools, which were great for kids and adults alike, along with hotel staff actually keeping watch on the pool area and slide...great to know safety is an issue.
A huge plus for us, was the enforcing of the pool shut-down at 10 PM, so those of us pool-side, could get the sleep we needed without being kept up or awoken as has occured at many other hotels.
Room was clean, staff were courteous, hotel was located in a convenient location.
My only complaints were that the door leading to the pool area was either not sound-proof, or the frame was not sealed adequately (again, thankfully the 10 PM pool shut-down was in effect) and that we apparently left our laptop power cord plugged into a power bar beside the dresser...
I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the great review; our entire team is so happy you and your family made memories here! We hope to see you again.

Our best,

Brookings, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at the Ramkota for our honey moon because I liked the thought of the water park feature. The price I was quoted over the phone was way off from what it actually was. Given it was too late to cancel the reservation we did take it. The lady at the desk was rude and I felt as if she was talking down to us. The water park was only fantastic if you have kids. Not the best stay I have had for sure. But it was clean and fancy, I will say that much.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments; I do apologize for the desk associate. I hope all in all your wedding night was special and one to remember!

Congratulations!

Respectfully,

Gillette, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I along with my husband, 3y/o, and 1y/o checked in about 1030pm on 7/6/13. I chose the Ramkota as our final stay on a 10 day vacation because of the excellent service I have received multiple times at the Rapid City SD and Casper WY locations. 1st impression of the room was nothing more than ok but we were tired so didn't think much of it. When I called for reservations, I was assured by the staff that the pack n play was properly cleaned and sanitized after each use, however, when I was setting it up for my 1y/o I noticed that it was dirty on the underside of the pad. After my 3y/o was asleep, I went to cover her up with the bedding on the 2nd bed and discovered that the spread/comforter has a brown gooey spot the size of a 50 cent piece on the underside. I threw it on the floor but did not contact staff because I did not want to chance waking my 3y/o that late at night. This morning while my children were playing, I noticed that the flooring had not been properly cleaned. There areas that showed obvious signs of neglect. Also, my children's feet were black after walking on the carpet. I had enough when my 3y/o handed me a 2 pronged sharp object that was approximately 2.5 inches long. Upon check out, I notified Katie at the front desk about most of my concerns. There was lack of concern and no apology only "I'll notify housekeeping and get you a new receipt." In my opinion, Katie was very rude and has zero customer service abilities. She should not be working at a front desk. The previous night's staff was very nice and helpful. Their names were Megan, Ken, and Brody. I read on a previous review that Katie was rude to another customer. I find it extremely frustrating that her attitude has not changed.

• Stayed July 2013
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience; first and foremost I sincerely apologize for not meeting either one of our expectations. We are incredibly embarrassed and I assure you this is not how we run our hotel. I wish we could have connected while you were still here, we always want the guest to win. I do hope we'll have another opportunity to turn a negative into a positive.

Respectfully,

London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Couldn't believe the value here. The price was so low we were worried...and then thought they must have upgraded us without telling us...but they did not. The King Standard room was like a suite - roomy, comfortable, and everything you needed. We did not have kids with us but wish we did. The pools for children were amazing - so much to do. Very clean and comfortable. Definitely recommend this hotel. No breakfast included - just coffee and fresh fruit but the onsite restaurant is extremely affordable with great selections.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
THANK YOU for the lovely review! Very grateful; we hope to see you again!

Happy Summer-

Jan Grunewaldt and Team
Stanberry, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We (my husband and I) did not stay here, but our hotel recommended there restaurant! We were very impressed they were not overpriced and we both left full! The wait for food was very minimal and both the waitress and hostess did a great job !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you so much for the great feedback; we appreciate it so much! We have great specials and food in our lounge too, Frankies, with fresh hot popcorn! We hope to see you again.

Our best,

Jan Grunewaldt

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel? Share your experiences!