“Over the Top Fabulous” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
London, Canada
“Over the Top Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Couldn't believe the value here. The price was so low we were worried...and then thought they must have upgraded us without telling us...but they did not. The King Standard room was like a suite - roomy, comfortable, and everything you needed. We did not have kids with us but wish we did. The pools for children were amazing - so much to do. Very clean and comfortable. Definitely recommend this hotel. No breakfast included - just coffee and fresh fruit but the onsite restaurant is extremely affordable with great selections.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
THANK YOU for the lovely review! Very grateful; we hope to see you again!

Happy Summer-

Jan Grunewaldt and Team

Stanberry, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We (my husband and I) did not stay here, but our hotel recommended there restaurant! We were very impressed they were not overpriced and we both left full! The wait for food was very minimal and both the waitress and hostess did a great job !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Grand Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

It was a great room,Beds really comfortable. grandkids loved pool area,there was something in the 3 pools for everyone, old or young. Service was great. Dont get the Rosco pizza though. Would definitely return

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Loved the poolside rooms! The kids and adults all had a great time. Common areas, tables by the pools accommodated our group of 9 so we could interact at our leisure. The pizza available onsite was convenient and well liked. Our stay at Ramkota added a great facet to our family get away.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Fun-tastic?! Well it just doesn't get any better than that! Mission accomplished and thank you so much for sharing.

We hope to see you again soon!

My best,

Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Let me start by saying that I am a national sales rep and travel 41 weeks out of the year for my job. I practically live in hotels. My team was switched to Sioux falls last minute so the only hotel I was able to get booked last minute was the Best Western Ramkota - I will NEVER stay here again nor would I EVER recommend this hotel. First of all...3tar hotel? really? Its old, dingy, cheap. ALL of the front desk staff (Melissa, Katie, Michelle) are extremely rude and unaccomodating- except for a gal named Rachel. I checked in Thursday staying for 4 nights....I left for my conference about 8am on Friday morning only to return to a dirty hotel room that night-m my room hadn't been cleaned. I was a little upset but figured they made a mistake and I would just let them know. I call down to the front desk and let them know my room hadn't been cleaned...the girl never even apologized she only said she would look into it LOL wow.....the next day before leaving for work I asked the front desk to make sure my room gets cleaned that day. I left at 8am and returned back about 10pm to the Best Western....and surprise DIRTY ROOM AGAIN!!!! Housekeeping had not cleaned my room, didn't dump my trash, didn't change my linens, didn't re-stock toiletries, and no clean towels! I'm going on 3 days now and not ONCE has my room been touched. At this point I'm pissed- who wants to come home to a room after a long day of work to a dirty room!!! I call down to the front and get the complete runaround of excuses and still no apology or any offers to bring me clean towels or to make me happy. The following morning I ask the front desk to make sure it gets cleaned and the B**** at the front gives me attitude and says suuure and as I walk away I ask "Do you even know what room I am In???" and she blurted out my room number! So these front desk girls KNEW the entire time which room hadn't been cleaned and still NEVER got it done. Complete disrespect. Needless to say my room never got cleaned and I never was compensated for anything. Not to mention there's an old run down water park inside the hotel and its infested with kids between the ages of 2-10 - you get no sleep because of the noise all day and night and cheap insulation in the walls so you can hear everything!! This hotel and management should be embarrassed by the quality of employees and the incompetence level they have working at this hotel, - but then again it is Sioux Falls, South Dakota- who goes here anyways! Not me ever again!! I will say the 2 gentleman who are the shuttle drivers were very nice (Ken&Ryan).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank ReneeL_2013
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for the detailed information about your experience; I was aware of your room being missed and apologize; it's unfortunate we were never were able to connect. I believe the staff made numerous attempts to access your room but it must have not worked with your schedule. I had the gift put in your room on Sunday and hoped we'd get to visit after your meeting. The staff experience is more than unacceptable and will be addressed.

I am sorry we didn't meet either one of our expectations.

Respectfully,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We found this hotel to be the friendliest. My husband stays on a lot of hotels and was pleased. The beds were comfortable. Restaurants had good food. The kids enjoyed the waterslide. We had an enjoyable stay and a great night sleep. Thank you

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for the nice comments, they are very appreciated!

We hope to see you again soon - safe travels!

Lino Lakes, Minnesota, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Was recommended to use this hotel as it is convenient for an early flight. As noted by other reviewers had no complaints with the cleanliness of the room, however the sheets on the bed were very worn and tissue paper thin. My room at least was not at all sound proof and I had no sleep until well after midnight due to the banging of room doors as they were closed and loud conversation in the hallway. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was very average with a limited selection of breads ( how about some English muffins and/ or bagels and not just sugary sweet commercially made muffins). Would probably research other options for a similar stay in the future.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Marg P
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for your comments, we appreciate them. We buy linen monthly but I will certainly look into our inventory. We do have english muffins and bagels, I am sorry they were not offered to you.

I do hope we'll see you again, I am sure we can turn this negative into a positive.

Respectfully,