“Excellent stay! Great value!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #32 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Milaca, Minnesota, United States
“Excellent stay! Great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

We've stayed at the Best Western Ramkota many times because we have family in the SF area, and are never disappointed. The staff is so helpful and we always have super clean rooms. The rooms are quite large compared to most two queens we've stayed at. The water park is the perfect size for our family and the outdoor pool is a treat. The restaurant has really good food. My husband had drinks with my dad in the sports bar and he said it was a fun time. Lots of convenient parking and easy to get around. The hotel is pretty soundproof, too. I don't remember ever hearing running or anything in the halls. Good water pressure (important to us) and comfortable beds. Just boked another stay!

• Stayed August 2012
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you so much for the great comments, AND your continued loyalty. We're very grateful!

See you again soon -

Thanks for selecting us...........we care!

Jan Grunewaldt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Recently held a business meeting at this hotel. The facility met our needs with a clean and comfortable meeting room. The food choices were plentiful and delicious. Staff was friendly and always there if we needed something. Free WIFI! Thank you!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for tne nice comments; we are so glad you enjoyed your meeting experience.

We hope to see you again soon!

Sandy, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I guess this hotel has been here for 50+ years. The lobby and common areas look it, but the rooms have been well maintained and updated. My room was clean, with a comfortable bed, a great shower, great internet, and close to the airport. This sprawling 2 story hotel has convention facilities, a pool and very attentive staff. I've stayed at Doubletree and Clarion hotels with similar structures. Don't expect a continental breakfast, but the hotel has a restaurant that opens at 6.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Thank you so much for the nice comments, we appreciate them!

Happy Summer!

Miller, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed at the hotel multiple times over the past couple of months. Public facilities within the hotel are in pretty good shape, including the bar and water park areas. Rooms themselves are dated and are in need of updating. Would recommend for a family looking for a "fun" place to stay, but not to the general business traveler. Also very far from decent dining/shopping locations, and would recommend staying further south in Sioux Falls if that's your priority.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for your comments and perspective, looking at ourselves through the eyes of the guest is always beneficial.

We hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards,

Jan Grunewaldt'
Rapid City, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

The staff at this motel have been very accommodating to us. The front desk as well as housekeeping were courteous and efficient. The room was clean and the beds comfortable.
The food was ok. The public areas of the convention center were kept quite cool so a jacket might be helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you very much for your nice comments; we appreciate them very much! We hope to see you again this summer; at the end of May our beautiful outdoor pool opens too.....more fun!

Jan Grunewaldt\
Watertown, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We booked this hotel through a priceline express deal. We were pleasantly surprised when we found out that we'd received the Ramkota because we have little kids who would love the pool and we've had friends and family that have enjoyed the hotel in the past.
The room was small, basic, clean. I did ask if there was a way to be upgraded to a poolside room and pay an upcharge. Sure, for $150 per night. We declined. ;) Our room was located on the outside edge of the huge hotel, very near an entrance, and not a far walk from the pool. It worked nicely.
The pool was okay. It felt closed in. My kids enjoyed the slides. There weren't t.v.'s, which would have been nice because it was spring break/ncaa tournament time.
The problem comes from the handling of the pool situation. We lived in Sioux Falls a few years ago, and come to visit periodically to see friends, shop, and give the kids a chance to swim. We always stay at the Ramada-near the Arena/convention center. We stay in a poolside room/suite, our friends come to visit and buy wristbands for their kids. We buy food and drinks from the poolside bar/grill & we have a great relaxing time. We were hoping that our experience would be as pleasant here. However, at check-in, we were informed that we would receive 5 writstbands total and that was it...we could not purchase any more. Disappointed, we called one set of friends to let them know of this restriction. The other set of friends only have one child, so we offered her our additional wristband and I gave my wristband to the other dad, and opted not to swim. Myself and the other mom sat and visited and watched the kids swim. About an hour after they arrived, I got on my phone to order pizza for our group. A pool guard came over and interrupted my phone call, and asked me where my wristband was. I informed him that I didn't have one. He asked me to leave. When I expressed that I was on the phone ordering pizza, and that we were gathering things up to be out of the pool in a few minutes, he continued to stand over me and insisted that I leave immediately because, "i was taking up chairs." We knew another group that was staying there(from our hometown) at the same time. One of the dads came to visit to watch the kids swim, but was not swimming because he was not staying the night (he was in street clothes). The security guard also approached him & gave him 30 minutes max in the pool area, "as a courtesy."
Needless, to say, I won't be staying here again....on purpose. If I happen to get another Express Deal, I will know what to expect. However, I'll keep my fairly-regular business (3-4x/yr) with the Ramada because we prefer the atmosphere and opportunity that it allows to entertain friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for your comments; first and foremost I do apologize . I will address this situation with the security supervisor.

As for the wrist bands, we do provide 6 per room. The Ramada you used as a comparison physical layout and fenced area allows them this option. For us it's about managing the space so everyone paying for a room can have a great experience.

In May our beautiful outdoor pool opens for more options as well; I do hope you will return so we can turn a negative into a positive.

Again I do apologize we did not meet your expectations.

Sioux City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Very clean, great pool area. Front feel staff were outstanding. The bar had great drinks at a good price and the restaurants food was terrific.
Booked it online using our government rate and really saved a ton. Would gladly come back here again when in town.
Great value!!

• Stayed March 2013
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you so much for the great comments; we're thrilled you and your family had a wonderful time. At end of May our beautiful outdoor pool opens too, triple the fun!

Jan Grunewaldt

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel? Share your experiences!