“Will Return.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
Minnesota
“Will Return.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The only reason I did not give this hotel 5 stars is because of the air conditioner, and the waterpark was small. That being said, I will return! When I arrived (with 2 toddlers) my room was over 90 degrees according to the thermostat. I figured someone was funny and turned the heat on. When I checked, it was on cool but blowing hot air. I immediately contacted the front desk and within 10 min someone was up looking at it. Too bad it was 104 that day in Sioux Falls! My kids, not understanding, were very irritable. After looking at the air, it worked-for about 10 min then starting blowing hot again. Long story short took 2 more tries to get it to work-and even then it was still blowing hot air. So I had to open the window and the door to get air flowing through the room. I was getting a lot of crazy looks at 11:30 at night! And still 80 in my room. The hotel night manager was wonderful about it though! I understand that while it is their problem, there is not much they can do until the next day. Which it was fixed the next day. Again, the night manager was GREAT about it. The kids loved the waterpark (they are 2 and 3) and my 3 yr old loved the waterslide. We have been to bigger indoor waterparks so I was not overly impressed with this one, but honestly my kids liked it-and its about them. One thing I though was really cool was the staff came around with icey pops for the kids. That small monetary amount they spend makes a huge difference in my world! Someone on here did comment about the salt water. Yes it's saltwater, but I'd rather have that than chlorine. Chlorine dries out your skin more, is more harmful on your swimwear and just worse off. So the saltwater didn't bother me (except when it got up my nose lol). The room (king) was great. Nice microwave in room, nice fridge. Bed was comfortable and clean. Room was clean. I did ask for a rollaway for my 3 yr old. He thought it would be neat to sleep in "his own bed". I wish I was told there was a $10/night charge upfront-but that's not the end of the world. All in all, we will go back (in-fact we are next week for another get together). It was a very nice hotel. Service was great, staff was great. We stayed while a bunch of softball people were there, so yes loud but what do you expect with a lot of teenage girls roaming the hallways.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you, thank you for such a detailed experience! I am thrilled your experience here all in all was good and we can't wait to see you again next year!

248 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Independence, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The Best Western Ramkota hotel leaves a lot to be desired. The staff was not friendly or helpful.There are no amenities, no breakfast, microwaves or fridges. They say you have to have a suite to get those amenities. The room wasn't bad but wasn't great. The place seems to be falling apart. The kids waterpark is cute but very small, and really for kids under 10. We would not stay here again, and don't recommend the Ramkota in Rapid City either.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments, and I apologize we did not meet your expectations. All our rooms do have fridges, new flat screen TV's and this week the remaining last 50 mircrowaves will be delievered, so every room will be complete. I believe your experience is not the norm and really hope we can turn a negative into a positive in the future.

Safe travels and thank you again,

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

My girlfriends cousin was getting married in Sioux Falls this past weekend and we chose this hotel to stay at. It has been kept up very well. If we had kids they would have really enjoyed the inside water park as many were. Rooms were well appointed too. Restaurant didn't have a huge selection for breakfast but still wasn't terrible. Front desk staff could have been a little more friendly but overall a good stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you very much for the nice comments; we really appreciate them and so glad your family had a nice time.

Crystal Lake, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Offers military discount. Has an indoor water park that is included for quests for the families and an outdoor pool for those who don't want to hear the screaming kids. Food from the bar is good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you for taking time to share your experience. We appreciate any and all comments so we can be the best we can be!

We hope to see you again,

Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Just went I thought a Best Western couldn't get any better we stayed here. It is south of 90 but worth the short (five minutes) drive. We had been traveling so went to the bar for happy hour and the bartender we had was the BEST. This darling bar has atmosphere.
The room was perfect and we became addicted to Best Western for their prices and quality but this, again, was a favorite. Very quiet room with comfortable beds.
Also, the restaurant for breakfast was reasonable with quick friendly service. Plus the PRICE was cheaper than in the city. HIGHLY recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
THANK YOU for taking the time to share your experience. I can't wait to share this with our team. Save travels and we hope to see you again soon!

Holland, IN USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We checked into the famly suite which had a bedroom with two queen beds with a family room. We loved it! We were able to eat our meals as a family together at the dining table. The kids loved the waterpark. It kept them occupied between outings. Our entire family had an awesome experience staying here. A definate visit when we make it back to Sioux Falls:)

Room Tip: This hotel does not offer a free breakfast. However, there is a resteraunt located inside the hotel...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments; we're so grateful. And thrilled we did our job; we want our guests to make great memories here!

Grand Forks, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Once again we were in Sioux Falls SD and stayed at the Best Western Ramkota Hotel. They have done improvements such as TV's, the lobby area. It is exceptionally clean and welcoming.

The room we had was really nice and spotless. It was quiet even though there were several children nearby. The ac worked well the only down side was the water pressure in the shower but we brought it to the attention of the front desk when we checked out and they said they would repair it.

One thing that is really appreciated is the "Clean remote" a covering that is over the remote control that gets changed with each new occupant. More hotels should use this.

As usual this is a great place to stay, the rooms are clean and its quiet. The price is good. You can eat at the hotel or the local place called the Rolling PIn is near by which is where we go. Also you can have pets at this hotel and there is no additional fee which pet owners can really appreciate.

Room Tip: If traveling with pets and using crates for them its easier to get a room closer to an exit door jus...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jan G, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments and your loyality......we do not take it for granite! We appreciate our good neighbor the Rolling Pin, but please try the Maple Street Cafe' too......kids eat for .99, and we've worked hard to offer good food at a fair price.

I do hope we see you again.

Jan Grunewaldt

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Ramkota Hotel? Share your experiences!