“Lovely and trendy, with excellent food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Spezia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 324 restaurants in Sioux Falls
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 57th Street and Louise Ave
Durham, North Carolina
“Lovely and trendy, with excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I ate here many times during a month in SF and loved the place. All of the entries I had were excellent, as is the service. Wine comes in generous portions. A lively, well-run place with a great menu and great waitstaff.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

64% Recommend
South Dakota
“Overrated/Overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Had never been to Spezia before, but had heard good things and received a Spezia gift card for my birthday. We went there on a Sunday at noon, and they had their Sunday brunch buffet. The pasta was overcooked, and the sauce tasted like it came out of a can (both the red and white sauces). Not horrible by any means, but there are much better buffets in Sioux Falls for less money. Will try Spezia again for dinner some evening, but will definitely not be back for Sunday brunch again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Brunswick
“Wonderful place to host a rehursal dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I worked with Nancy, she was wonderful! We had 58 people for the dinner and we were handled wonderfully! The food was wonderful! There was a little confusion with how I wanted it set up, but was handled immediately! Planning a rehursal dinner this large from across the country would have been a nightmare, but went wonderfully! I can't even tell you how many people came up to me to thank me for the wonderful food, and staff! Thank you Spezia (Nancy) for making this Mom of the Grooms event so wonderful!

Visited October 2013
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Mixed results”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We met at 11:45 for lunch--big crowd, but we were seated immediately. Excellent tomato basil soup and good bread. Took quite a while for our entries to arrive. The salmon and chicken dishes were fine. The Italian beef tips were awful; very tough and an odd taste. Dessert was good; lemon cake and creme brulee. This used to be one of our favorite restaurants, but this was not their finest hour. We'll give them another chance though.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wisconsin
“So-So and Your Outta Here!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

First time in Sioux City on business. This restaurant was convenient and the reviews were okay so my colleague and I gave it a try. It wasn't awful, it just wasn't anything special. Crowded, so the locals must thing its okay. Had the sea bass (I know, why are you ordering sea bass in South Dakota?) on the waiter's recommendation. Should have known better when he said the dish, usually $24.99, was on special for $19.99. Sea bass for under twenty bucks? I don't think so. When it came I understood why. It had the shape and consistency of a a calamari steak. Obviously frozen and pre-shaped. Not your usual thick piece of sea bass. And it was served on a bed on dried out and sticky angel hair pasta. It wasn't bad; it just wasn't good. The irony of the night was that the service was so good it was silly. We couldn't have been at the table more than forty minutes -- appetizer, salad, and entree and, bang you are out of here. It was weird!

Ah well. I'll try some place else tomorrow night!

• Visited September 2013