“Aggrivating customer service” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 49 hotels in Sioux Falls
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Aggrivating customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I've been working in the hotel business for 2 years now and I've never experienced this type of horribly frustrating customer service. I made a reservation for my brother, excited that it was brand new but it turns out they don't even know what they are doing great. My card accidentally got charged for the entire stay. I called the front desk on a Monday and the lady said it would get taken care of right away. I waited till Friday to check my account and it turned out morning had happened and my account had now been over drafted because all my bills had just come out. Because it was Easter weekend the hotel said they couldn't do anything till the banks open and that I wrote have to call the bank myself. ( I would also like to say it took me 3 phone calls to finally just talk to the general manager.) Matt (gm) said if the bank couldn't help me he would have figure something out but than tools the bank that there was nothing he could do and his hands were tied. These people just wouldn't take any responsibility for their own mistakes. Take caution when staying at this hotel! They are way too new to know how too properly run a decent hotel.

Room Tip: Wait till they know how to actually use a computer before renting a room here.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Matt B, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear LF101
I want to apologize for the troubles you encountered with your brother’s stay. I am sorry that we accidentally charged your debit card rather than your brother’s credit card. I also want to apologize that it took several calls before you were able to speak with me. I am glad that we were able to issue a full credit to your card and charge your brother’s credit card finally. I am also happy that I was able to speak with your bank and they agreed to credit all NSF fees back to your account.

Once again, I do apologize for your debit card being charged and all of the frustration our mistake caused you. I hope that you and your brother will give us another opportunity to provide accommodations to you in the future. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Sincere Apologies,
Matt Brunick

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Comfort Inn & Suites

Address: 3721 West Avera Drive, Sioux Falls, SD 57108
Location: United States > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 49 hotels in Sioux Falls
The BRAND NEW Comfort Inn & Suites in Sioux Falls, SD is near the Empire Mall. Conveniently located off Interstate 229 in the rapidly growing south side of Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The non-smoking Comfort Inn & Suites(R) offers easy access to all the area attractions including Empire Mall, Falls Park, Sioux Falls Arena and Convention Center, Great Plains Zoo, and Sioux Empire Fair. After checking out the area, relax in the indoor pool and spa, grab a work out in the exercise room and take care of your family's needs in the guest laundry area. Business travelers will appreciate our business center with access to copy and fax services. There is one meeting room that can hold 27 people for conferences. Other amenities include:•Free wireless high-speed Internet access•Free newspaper Monday through Friday•Free parking on premises Your Morning Breakfast is full of hot and delicious options making breakfast at the Comfort Inn & Suites the perfect way to start your day. Enjoy our free hot breakfast featuring eggs, meat, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal and more, including your choice of hot waffle flavors!Spacious, modern rooms include a refrigerator, microwave, 39" HDTV, coffee maker, hair dryer and large desk with an ergonomic chair, iron and ironing board. Our one room suites feature a sofa sleeper. Create your perfect stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Book now to enjoy easy access to attractions and wonderful amenities while we help you relax and feel at home. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.