“close to interstates” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
Sequim, Washington
“close to interstates”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

Close to both I-90 and I-29. The room and breakfast were fine. Pillow top mattresses and high quality towels haven't found this one yet. Thought the bed was hard and towels were thin. I stayed in a privately-owned converted 50's style motel in October with fluffier towels and nicer bedding. I would stay again, though, just for the convenient location.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
SFQualityInn, General Manager at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this review, May 23, 2011
Thank you for the comments regarding your stay with us this past fall. We appreciate the feedback as it helps us to know what we are doing well and where we can improve. I hope you will continue to stay with us in the future; we appreciate seeing repeat guests as this is the best compliment we can receive.
We recently attended our Choice Hotels Convention and it looks like we will be seeing a higher standard in our towel selection soon. Franchisees are often tied to particular vendors or products but we are happy to see that the current towel selection is scheduled to improve in the future. Thanks again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon. Happy traveling!

213 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

I took a trip to Sioux Falls, SD from Minneapolis, MN to visit a friend in mid-September. When looking for a hotel, I wasn't looking for luxury or upscale so much as I was looking for a well-maintained, clean facility that offered breakfast.

I found a great deal in the Quality Inn & Suites in Sioux Falls on just about every level. The room rate (which people need to remember changes based on a variety of factors), was very good for what you get. I arrived late to the hotel on a stormy night, and the overnight staff were outstandingly friendly (thank you to the three ladies, I am sorry I do not remember your names off hand). A very nice welcome, especially given the weather and the late hour and I appreciated their chipper attitudes. I was immediately surprised at the decor of the hotel. I've stayed in a lot of Quality Inn before (some are really run down), but this was by far the nicest. Modern decor, furniture and tiling.

Getting to the hotel wasn't difficult with my GPS unit, though it is definitely not in the heart of the city by any means and ended up being several miles away from all of my destinations, but that is more my own fault than the hotels. But believe me when I say there is not much (if anything) in the surrounding area without a vehicle, excluding a large truck stop/gas station. I do think the airport is nearby, however, though I may be mistaken: I do not know Sioux Falls well.

The room itself was very clean and very nice, especially for a smoking room. The beds were comfortable and the room's furniture a nice, dark cherry wood. I appreciated the refrigerator, microwave, and coffee-maker, which aren't seen as frequently at this price point, as well as the channel line-up and internet access. The bathroom was average sized, but the marble counter and curved shower rod made any time spent in it quite enjoyable.

The real highlight of this hotel, outside of the fantastic guest service and newness of the property (as well as its upkeep) was the breakfast. It's not a five star meal, but I was very surprised to see bacon and biscuits with gravy, waffles, hard-boiled eggs, oatmeal, cereal, yogurts, and a variety of other options available. This is huge for families and though I was travelling alone, this made a huge impression. If you've ever stayed at a Hampton Inn & Suites, you'll notice it is VERY similar. The breakfast area was very nice with a TV, though on a busy morning, could be considered on the smaller side.

Overall I can't recommend this hotel enough. I didn't get to talk to the front desk much beyond check in, but my experience was very positive and I wouldn't hesitate to come back. My only complaint is the location, though a bit more throrough research on my part would've remedied this.

Thanks for the great stay, everyone.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Newcastle,Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

We stayed here twice on a trip to and from the VA hospital. Top marks in all areas. Our room was immaculate. The beds are high quality and very comfortable with plenty of big fluffy pillows. Good internet access and all of the little frills in the bathroom.. The breakfast was very good with cold milk and juice machines, bacon, biscuits and gravy, waffles,fruits, cereals pastries bagels etc. The manager was super nice and helped us with some food delivery places. We ordered from Steak Out. They deliver complete steak dinners with all the trimmings. The food was very good.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Lake Forest, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

This is a beautiful hotel and since I paid in advance for a room, I received a big discount. The hotel was very clean and in a great location, next to interstate 90. Such a deal.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Macon, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

We arrived on Thursday of Sturgis week to find a large number of motorcycles,even though we were on the opposite side of SD from the rally---a good long ride. I think there must have been a large number starting for home early. With all the bikes, it was fairly noisy around the facility most of the evening. The room was nice and clean,as was the bathroom. Didn't use the pool,but it looked a little small for the size of the facility. Breakfast was the usual cereal,waffles,sweet rolls,etc,and was a little crowded,but not too long to wait,and share a 4 place table with another couple. Convenient to interstate,but other than a truck stop,not much else in the immediate area that I saw.Overall,above average--but not the best we stayed in our 2 1/2 week trip.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

We stayed here one night on our 10 day vacation and this was by far our favorite hotel.
Clean, modern, updated and well managed, we couldn't have been more pleased. The women at the front desk went out of her way to make sure we were happy and comfortable.
The pool was good size with hot tub area and clean. Great morning breakfast and comfortable eating area. The hotel was easily accessible from I-29. Don't pass this one up.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

Only spent 1 night here on the way to Mt Rushmore. The hotel had a great location - very easy to get to off the Interstate but close enough to the downtown that it was only a short trip & very easy to get downtown. The hotel was immaculate. I can't believe this hotel was under $100 for the night. The pool was small, when 5 other guests joined in, it felt too crowded, but it was clean and well-maintained. Breakfast in the morning was the standard fare - make your own waffles were a hit with us. Other items were decent enough, considering it was included in the price. Lots of breakfast seating, so you weren't vying for tables with other families. I would happily stay here again. The free WiFi was another bonus we hadn't expected. Much nicer than other places I've stayed at for twice the price.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
SFQualityInn, General Manager at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this review, August 6, 2010
We take great pride in our property and love hearing from our guests. Feedback is very important to us and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay; your comments will be shared with the rest of the staff. Thank you for traveling!

Been to Quality Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!