“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Lansing, Michigan
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

This hotel was great, clean and modern and the beds were comfy! Continental breakfast or Denny's is within walking distance. Pool was a little small, but I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
SaraB-GM, General Manager at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We always love to hear that when someone enjoys our stay. We take a lot of pride in our property and it is always nice when someone let's us know that they enjoyed their stay with us.

Once again thank you for chosing to stay at our Hotel as we know there are plenty to chose from in the area. We do hope that on your next visit to this area we will get to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Brandon, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stayed for a wedding recently. This place never leaves us disappointed. The staff is always friendly and the place is always clean. Our room was very nice and spacious. I love the leather recliner that they have in the room. They do have a lobby bar so you can have a drink before bed. They do serve food which we did not order this time. I do highly recommend this place. The only place we stay when we are in Sioux Falls.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We always love to hear that when someone enjoys our stay. Our staff here is top notch and am always happy to hear when other people feel the same.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on our way back from the Black Hills. I was very pleased with how nice and clean this hotel was. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. We stayed in the large two room suite, which already had our rollaway bed, with sheets on it, waiting in our room upon our arrival. Our room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast had juice, coffee, milk, make your own waffles, cereal, bagels, make your own oatmeal, boiled eggs, yogurt - which were all good. The biscuits and gravy tasted funny, though, so I took one bite and threw it away. The only other downfall was how cold and small the pool was. But, the hot tub was nice. I would stay there again, though, for sure.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We always love to hear that when someone enjoys our stay. I do apologize for the pool the temp is set at 84 so I will double check with our maintenance to make sure that it is working properly. Our 2 room suite is an excellent suite with plenty of room. I am glad everything was to your satisfaction.

Waseca, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I really liked this place. The check-in was very quick & smooth (I was worried, reading some of the reviews), the room was nice & large, the workspace was nice, great work chair, nice comfy recliner, fridge & mic, and the bed was very comfortable (better night's sleep than I usually get at hotels). Only downer in the mix was the wireless. It was much slower than most places, and as a business traveler, that's kind of a big deal. The location is good & bad. It's back off the main road, so it's pretty quiet, and very near the intersection of I90 & I29, which is handy for travellers. On the down side, it's really not near anything (restaurants, shopping, entertainment, etc...). But that's a minor quibble.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We always love to hear when someone enjoys our stay. Our rooms are very spacious and I love the recliners in the rooms. I would love to take one home with me. Thank you for letting us know about our wireless. We will definitely be calling our provider to let them know of the slow issue you had.

Vincennes, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I purchased my room in march of this year and prepaid it. I got a confirmation number for my suite with a king-sized bed and sofa bed. I drove 740 miles to get to this motel. I was tired and hungry and ready for my room. As soon as I walked into the motel, the desk clerk informed me that there were no rooms available. I told her I had reservations and gave her my name. She then told me that all rooms were booked and all she had left was a normal room with queen-size beds. I showed her my booking info and showed her the date to which I reserved the king suite and told her I also had a confirmation number but it was out in the car. She first said it wasn't needed and then she began to get my room. Moments later, she told me my queen size room was ready. I told her that I had reserved the suite with king size bed and a sofabed and that I had prepaid for it. She informed me again that all she had left was a queen size bed. I then told her the law. I told her that if she cannot honor my reservation, then she must give me a room of equal value or better. She was fuming by this time. I then called Travelocity and told them my problems with this motel and her. Travelocity then called her and after talking to them briefly, she slammed the phone down and gave me a dirty look then told me that someone was already in my room and that they would not be happy. I told her...too bad...the room was mine and I had already paid for it. She hemmed and hawed and tried to get me to take the queen size room. I continued to tell her the law about equal value or better. Finally, she gave me the room that I had reserved and prepaid for. As if that wasn't enough, when I got to the room, it was hottttt. I adjusted the thermostat and noticed it wasn't cooling at all. I turned up the temp for about 30 minutes and then lowered the temp once more and this time there was some cooler air blowing. Odd thing is that the hallway outside the door felt cooler than the furnace-like temps in my room. I could have called maintenance but decided against it because that meant I would have to listen to that bad hotel clerk again. Never again will I ever stay in a Quality Inn.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We were needing a double queen returning to IL from MT but the only two rooms left were kings so we took them both. The wait at the front desk was longer than it should have been due to the absence of the desk clerk but she was friendly and courteous to the man in front of us. She also got someone to simultaneously check out my sister in the other room to limit our wait time. Any time a staff member saw me they smiled and greeted me. The motel was clean and the bed was comfortable.

Stayed July 2014
SaraB-GM, General Manager at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We always love to hear that when someone enjoys our stay. I do apologize for the wait but am glad to hear our staff was able to step up and get you both taken care of to eliminate any extra time.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed here for one night on our way to the Black Hills. The room was great. It seemed spacious and clean. It had a TV, recliner, table and chair, microwave and refrigerator. The pool area was small, and due to the fact at least four teen sports teams were booked there for a softball tournament, it was full of teens and younger swimmers, some unsupervised well past the 10 pm adult only swim time. The continental breakfast was good, but because it was a holiday, it didn't open until 7 AM, which caused a delay in heading out at our planned time that was earlier. I would choose to stay here again if we ever take another trip to the Black Hills.

Stayed July 2014
SaraB-GM, General Manager at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am happy to hear you that you enjoyed your stay with us. We did have a couple teams here as it is a huge tournament weekend in Sioux Falls over the 4th of July weekend. We do accomadate people that need to leave before our breakfast opens up. On your next trip let our front desk staff know and they will have a little to go bag ready for you with a bagel and some yogurt.

Once again thank you for chosing to stay with us as we know there are plenty of options to chose from We do hope to see you on your next trip and hope you enjoyed your vacation to South Dakota!!

Been to Quality Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!