“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were needing a double queen returning to IL from MT but the only two rooms left were kings so we took them both. The wait at the front desk was longer than it should have been due to the absence of the desk clerk but she was friendly and courteous to the man in front of us. She also got someone to simultaneously check out my sister in the other room to limit our wait time. Any time a staff member saw me they smiled and greeted me. The motel was clean and the bed was comfortable.

Stayed July 2014
SaraB-GM, General Manager at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We always love to hear that when someone enjoys our stay. I do apologize for the wait but am glad to hear our staff was able to step up and get you both taken care of to eliminate any extra time.

Once again thank you for chosing to stay at our Hotel as we know there are plenty to chose from in the area. We do hope that on your next visit to this area we will get to see you again.

206 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here for one night on our way to the Black Hills. The room was great. It seemed spacious and clean. It had a TV, recliner, table and chair, microwave and refrigerator. The pool area was small, and due to the fact at least four teen sports teams were booked there for a softball tournament, it was full of teens and younger swimmers, some unsupervised well past the 10 pm adult only swim time. The continental breakfast was good, but because it was a holiday, it didn't open until 7 AM, which caused a delay in heading out at our planned time that was earlier. I would choose to stay here again if we ever take another trip to the Black Hills.

Stayed July 2014
SaraB-GM, General Manager at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am happy to hear you that you enjoyed your stay with us. We did have a couple teams here as it is a huge tournament weekend in Sioux Falls over the 4th of July weekend. We do accomadate people that need to leave before our breakfast opens up. On your next trip let our front desk staff know and they will have a little to go bag ready for you with a bagel and some yogurt.

Once again thank you for chosing to stay with us as we know there are plenty of options to chose from We do hope to see you on your next trip and hope you enjoyed your vacation to South Dakota!!
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This property appears to be very new and modern and is conveniently located near the Interstate.

Check in: excellent experience!

Common areas: very clean

Rooms: wonderful and comfortable. Our only complaint was the cold shower. Otherwise, this property would've earned 5 stars from us.

Sleep: beds are comfortable - we all slept very well.

Breakfast: very good - no complaints.

Overall, we'd select this property again next time we're in the area. We found the staff to be wonderful and accommodating. The only downside was the large number of kids baseball teams staying here, some of which ran the halls unsupervised. Also made breakfast a real challenge but the staff did their best under the circumstances.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am very happy to hear that you got to experience our staffs great service. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a tournament weekend so there were a bunch of kids and I do apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you also for chosing our hotel as I know there are plenty to chose from. We do hope to see you again on your next trip to the area.
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Nice place, newer,clean, friendly and helpful staff. I would stay here again. Much better than a previous facility stay in Sioux Falls. Breakfast was good. Did not use the pool. Good location for us, near the Harley dealership.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our property. We are only 8 years old and recently renovated.

Once again thank you for chosing our hotel as we know there are plenty to chose from. We do hope to see you again on your next trip.
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I forgot and left my wallet in the room. The maid found it and management called me. I hate to think what might have happened if the staff had not been so thorough in cleaning and honest. The room was clean and breakfast was good,too.

• Stayed June 2014
SaraB-GM, General Manager at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am very happy that we were able to find and return your wallet to you!! I believe we have the best staff here and am happy that you got to experience the great service we do provide. Sorry that we didnt catch it earlier so you did not have to back track so far on your way home from your vacation.

Once again thank you for chosing our hotel on your vacation and we do hope the next time you come to the area you will stay with us again. Hope you made it home to safely!!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've stayed here 3 times over the past 3 years. The previous stays were average, but this last one was just really disappointing.

To start with something good, I choose the property because it's on the north side of Sioux Falls and right next to the interstate. The location works great for me.

On this last visit, I arrived at about 8 p.m. to find a lobby/breakfast area full of people (all with beer or wine in hand), and no one at the front desk. It was quickly apparent that at least one youth sports team was staying at the hotel. The parents all hang out in the lobby (where a bar is available), then give the kids free reign to run up and down the various hallways.

There was a sign on the front desk informing guests to pick up the phone and dial 0 for assistance. I did that and waited several minutes for someone to appear. (I can see that kind of wait if I arrived in the middle of the night. But not in the early-mid evening.) Worse than the wait, this person could not have been any less interested in helping me. Now, please understand that I tend to be very unconcerned about whether front desk staff are all that enthusiastic. They have a hard job and I don't blame them for getting down about it. But I just couldn't believe how obviously uncaring this person was. As she droned on through the various check-in items, she mentioned that they accommodated my request to be away from stairwells and elevators. So, I was a bit surprised to get to my room and find that it was directly adjacent to a stairwell. And the stairwell was filled with young teens talking on their cell phones. Which led to two instances where I had to ask the young teens to take the party elsewhere.

The best thing about the room was that the AC unit was loud enough to drown out the running/stomping that went on in the hallway late into the night.

I came downstairs to breakfast the next morning to find a breakfast area so filled with young people that you couldn't possibly fit another one in there. The line for the waffle maker was 6 deep. I'd never seen anything like it. And it certainly wasn't worth waiting 20 minutes to get food, so I ate elsewhere.

I spent the entire day away from the hotel and arrived back late enough that the lobby had cleared out and the hallways were quiet. I had to get on the road early the next day, so I arrived at the breakfast area right at 6 am. And found it closed. Turns out the person on front desk duty was new, had only received one day of training, and wasn't aware that she needed to get the breakfast stuff started. (Can't blame that on the employee. She was doing the best she could. It was a management issue, as was the disinterested front desk person two nights earlier.) So, again, no breakfast.

Much as I love the location, I won't be back here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
First I would like to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I also would like to apologize for the service you received while you were here. As you can tell by your previous stays and our reviews the service you received was not a typical occurence for our hotel. I would greatly appreciate it if you would give me a call so I can learn exactly when you were here so I can address these issues with the staff that was working this weekend. I would also like to make things right with you if possible.

Once again I truly apologize for your experience at our Hotel and would love to make things right. I also hope you will think about staying with us again as you will see that was a one time occurence. Please call and ask for Marcy or Sara and they will be more than happy to take care of you.
Sulphur, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here for one night and had a great stay. Room was big and very clean. Shower was amazing, one of those that you can change the spray the way you want it. Front desk clerk was really friendly and made sure there were cookies and hot beverages for all. Breakfast was hot and had a wide assortment of things to choose from.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
SaraB-GM, General Manager at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy some of the amazing service our staff provides. They are great at making people feel like they are at home.

We realize that there are many hotels to choose from, and we appreciate that you chose to stay with us. Once again, thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to Quality Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!