“Newer facility” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Wisconsin
“Newer facility”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Nice place, newer,clean, friendly and helpful staff. I would stay here again. Much better than a previous facility stay in Sioux Falls. Breakfast was good. Did not use the pool. Good location for us, near the Harley dealership.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
SaraB-GM, General Manager at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our property. We are only 8 years old and recently renovated.

Once again thank you for chosing our hotel as we know there are plenty to chose from. We do hope to see you again on your next trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I forgot and left my wallet in the room. The maid found it and management called me. I hate to think what might have happened if the staff had not been so thorough in cleaning and honest. The room was clean and breakfast was good,too.

• Stayed June 2014
SaraB-GM, General Manager at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am very happy that we were able to find and return your wallet to you!! I believe we have the best staff here and am happy that you got to experience the great service we do provide. Sorry that we didnt catch it earlier so you did not have to back track so far on your way home from your vacation.

Once again thank you for chosing our hotel on your vacation and we do hope the next time you come to the area you will stay with us again. Hope you made it home to safely!!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I've stayed here 3 times over the past 3 years. The previous stays were average, but this last one was just really disappointing.

To start with something good, I choose the property because it's on the north side of Sioux Falls and right next to the interstate. The location works great for me.

On this last visit, I arrived at about 8 p.m. to find a lobby/breakfast area full of people (all with beer or wine in hand), and no one at the front desk. It was quickly apparent that at least one youth sports team was staying at the hotel. The parents all hang out in the lobby (where a bar is available), then give the kids free reign to run up and down the various hallways.

There was a sign on the front desk informing guests to pick up the phone and dial 0 for assistance. I did that and waited several minutes for someone to appear. (I can see that kind of wait if I arrived in the middle of the night. But not in the early-mid evening.) Worse than the wait, this person could not have been any less interested in helping me. Now, please understand that I tend to be very unconcerned about whether front desk staff are all that enthusiastic. They have a hard job and I don't blame them for getting down about it. But I just couldn't believe how obviously uncaring this person was. As she droned on through the various check-in items, she mentioned that they accommodated my request to be away from stairwells and elevators. So, I was a bit surprised to get to my room and find that it was directly adjacent to a stairwell. And the stairwell was filled with young teens talking on their cell phones. Which led to two instances where I had to ask the young teens to take the party elsewhere.

The best thing about the room was that the AC unit was loud enough to drown out the running/stomping that went on in the hallway late into the night.

I came downstairs to breakfast the next morning to find a breakfast area so filled with young people that you couldn't possibly fit another one in there. The line for the waffle maker was 6 deep. I'd never seen anything like it. And it certainly wasn't worth waiting 20 minutes to get food, so I ate elsewhere.

I spent the entire day away from the hotel and arrived back late enough that the lobby had cleared out and the hallways were quiet. I had to get on the road early the next day, so I arrived at the breakfast area right at 6 am. And found it closed. Turns out the person on front desk duty was new, had only received one day of training, and wasn't aware that she needed to get the breakfast stuff started. (Can't blame that on the employee. She was doing the best she could. It was a management issue, as was the disinterested front desk person two nights earlier.) So, again, no breakfast.

Much as I love the location, I won't be back here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
SaraB-GM, General Manager at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
First I would like to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I also would like to apologize for the service you received while you were here. As you can tell by your previous stays and our reviews the service you received was not a typical occurence for our hotel. I would greatly appreciate it if you would give me a call so I can learn exactly when you were here so I can address these issues with the staff that was working this weekend. I would also like to make things right with you if possible.

Once again I truly apologize for your experience at our Hotel and would love to make things right. I also hope you will think about staying with us again as you will see that was a one time occurence. Please call and ask for Marcy or Sara and they will be more than happy to take care of you.
Sulphur, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stayed here for one night and had a great stay. Room was big and very clean. Shower was amazing, one of those that you can change the spray the way you want it. Front desk clerk was really friendly and made sure there were cookies and hot beverages for all. Breakfast was hot and had a wide assortment of things to choose from.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
SaraB-GM, General Manager at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy some of the amazing service our staff provides. They are great at making people feel like they are at home.

We realize that there are many hotels to choose from, and we appreciate that you chose to stay with us. Once again, thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This place is a must stay!!! The staff is soooo friendly. I also find that the hotel is always sooo nice and clean!! I am quite picky when I stay places and have a thing about cleanliness. This place never lets me down. Always sooo clean. Great job to their housekeepers!!! The front desk staff always makes me feel welcomed and Like I at home. They have a nice little lobby bar so I can wind down with a glass of wine or a Mikes Hard Lemonade. Their chislic and pizza is also amazing. Definitely a place you need to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Rockford, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I made reservations ahead of time. We were a late check in arriving at approximately 10:30. When I made the reservation I stated we had pet. They do not allow pets on the second floor where our original room was. Then the lady at the front desk acts as if they are doing us a favor by putting us in a room different than our reservation. We reserved 2 queen beds we got 1 king and a pullout. I wasn't told the location of sheets or pillows had to walk down to the front desk to ask. Then it was a thin blanket so a second trip to the front desk for an additional blanket.

The lady at the front also switched rates I reserved at 114 and she had 124 down. I presented the confirmation print out and obtained the 114 rate.

Overall I was disappointed with the miscommunication between their 1-800 number and the hotel.
Perhaps they should let their 1-800 number know they only allow pets on the first floor. If your hotel is pet friendly then people assume the entire hotel is pet friendly. I even called ahead of time to make sure the allow pets never once did they say only on the first floor.

Stayed June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We do try to keep all of our pets on one floor due to other guests that have extreme pet allergies. We do have a process of stripping the room completely but there are still people who even with the measures we do take can still have an allergic reaction to pets.

We realize that there are many hotels to choose from, and we appreciate that you chose to stay with us. Once again I apologize for any inconvenience and hope that you will give us another chance down the road.
Pierre, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

They have a very nice pool and bar. I like the location. You can go anywhere in town fast and not have to deal with much traffic. The other hotels are in busy parts of town, which make them hard to find and harder to get to where you want to go. I will probably stay there again. For the cost it is probably one the best priced for all that you get there.

Room Tip: Get a room close to bar and pool.