“Stopover” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
Lacey, Washington
“Stopover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I drove from Chicago to Washington state. We stayed at this hotel on the first night of our trip. Very close to I-90. Rooms were spacious and clean, definitely nicer than we expected. We got a non smoking room with a King sized bed, refrigerator and a microwave. Perfect if you want to stop somewhere convenient while on a roadtrip.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SaraB-GM, General Manager at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We strive to continuously improve the standard of service we provide, and your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We love hearing that we exceeded your expectations. We do feel we have a great property and love to hear when people enjoy staying here!!

We realize that there are many hotels to choose from, and we appreciate that you chose to stay with us. Once again, thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

208 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This is what you expect from a good hotel. Very clean, beautiful decor, excellent mattress/linens, and friendly staff. We really liked staying there. Wish all Quality Inn & Suite hotels were like this!

Room Tip: Book early, this is a popular hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We strive to continuously improve the standard of service we provide, and your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We love to hear positive things as we take such pride in our property and our staff. We hope you will stop and see us again!!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My 95th Choice Hotel in 2013: This Quality Inn is certainly a Quality place to stay, easily in my top 10 . Sent a cab to pick me up at the airport and had one there the next morning to get me back to airport. My room was as nice as or nicer than the other top 10% Choice Hotels I have stayed at this year. Staff was most helpful and friendly. Mattress was great with real pillows. Passed my barefoot test (will only go barefooted in cleanest hotel rooms). Nice TV, could not hear rooms next door. I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We strive to continuously improve the standard of service we provide, and your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We take a lot of pride in our property and recently renovated all of our rooms. Thanks for being such a loyal Choice Member. We love to hear we passed your barefoot test!!

Des Moines, IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is a newer hotel and I really like what they've done. The hotel has a very small lobby with a bar, a fireplace and coffee all the time, which I appreciate. The breakfast eating area is bigger than many and the options were good with toast/muffins, oatmeal, waffle, biscuits and gravy, fruit, yogurt, cereal, juices, coffee, etc. I don't normally like hotel breakfasts, but this hotel has a milk dispensing machine rather than containers of milk. You can't get milk colder! I had three glasses with my pb&j toasted English muffin.

The room was very nice with a couch and a king-sized bed on the first floor. The room had a microwave, coffee pot and refrigerator. The man at the counter the afternoon we arrived was very nice and he was back the next morning. The hotel offers a small room service menu and has a kitchen along with the meeting room. The pool is small, but the workout room is nice and is down the hall from the pool. It's also open 24 hours. We really liked the hotel and will stay again when we go to Sioux Falls.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
SaraB-GM, General Manager at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We strive to continuously improve the standard of service we provide, and your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We take a lot of pride in our property and recently renovated all of our rooms. The bar and the food are new options for our property and am glad they do not go unnoticed. We feel we have a lot of great things to offer our guests and love it when we hear that our guests enjoy their stay with us!

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

After a week of camping, having a clean, friendly, place to stay with a shower and a comfortable bed was priceless. Having stayed there the previous week we received a coupon to save on the next stay which was really nice. The breakfast was limited in selection but was okay and we had plenty for a one night stay. The hotel property is off by itself and is very quiet.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We strive to continuously improve the standard of service we provide, and your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and stayed with us a second night. We take a lot of pride in our property and love to hear when people have a great experience.

SD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed on a Saturday night and have stayed here many times before on business and pleasure and are frequent guests, maybe 10-15 nights a year. Normally, we receive a coupon with our bill that is slipped under our door and use it on our next stay arriving with a reservation. We like to stay here, because it is right off the interstate, has clean large rooms, decent breakfast, and at a reasonable price. However on this visit, "Hope" the check in lady said the hotel was full and they couldn't honor our 20% coupon even with our existing reservation made over the internet. We were shocked and disappointed. However, the other dark haired gal at the desk seemed apologetic and kind. "Hope",kept on repeating like a broken record, that we had to pay full price and nothing could be done. Miraculously, the next morning, our bill had the 20% discount. Hmm..What happened, didn't all the guests check in and the computers relented to letting a coupon be used? I am not sure if we will stay here again as there are other nice hotels in town. I guess we will have to call ahead and ask if we will have a problem using the coupon that night. We used to feel good about staying here, like it was our home away from home.. Too bad.."Hope" left a unwelcome feeling with us.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SaraB-GM, General Manager at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We strive to continuously improve the standard of service we provide, and your feedback is extremely valuable to us. I am very sorry to hear about your experience as you know is not typical of our Hotel. I would really appreciate you to reach out to me so that I can make this right with you. I will also use this as a training opportunity for some of our newer staff. Once again I am truly sorry for your experience and I hope you will give me the chance to make it right with you. So please email me or call the hotel and ask for me.

Ventura, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I usually stay downtown when I'm in Sioux Falls because it's convenient to both the airport and good non-chain restaurants. For this one night stay, I chose the Quality Inn. This place is remote! There's nothing nearby except a Flying J truck stop and a big Harley-Davidson dealer. It's surrounded by fields near the end of a dead-end road.

The property is well maintained and clean, and the staff is friendly. There's a mini mini-mart, the usual standard hot-waffle breakfast is OK and, oddly, there's a tiny bar off the lobby that I can't imagine isn't brutally depressing.

This property is in the middle of nowhere at the junction of I-29 and I-90. If you're visiting Sioux Falls, there are better-located choices.

However, if you're just passing through and need a clean, quiet place to sleep it's perfectly OK.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
SaraB-GM, General Manager at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We strive to continuously improve the standard of service we provide, and your feedback is extremely valuable to us. It is quiet out here but it is under 10 minutes to get to both the downtown area or some of the other restaurant chains.

Been to Quality Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!