“Very nice hotel with little surprises” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
Des Moines, IA
“Very nice hotel with little surprises”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is a newer hotel and I really like what they've done. The hotel has a very small lobby with a bar, a fireplace and coffee all the time, which I appreciate. The breakfast eating area is bigger than many and the options were good with toast/muffins, oatmeal, waffle, biscuits and gravy, fruit, yogurt, cereal, juices, coffee, etc. I don't normally like hotel breakfasts, but this hotel has a milk dispensing machine rather than containers of milk. You can't get milk colder! I had three glasses with my pb&j toasted English muffin.

The room was very nice with a couch and a king-sized bed on the first floor. The room had a microwave, coffee pot and refrigerator. The man at the counter the afternoon we arrived was very nice and he was back the next morning. The hotel offers a small room service menu and has a kitchen along with the meeting room. The pool is small, but the workout room is nice and is down the hall from the pool. It's also open 24 hours. We really liked the hotel and will stay again when we go to Sioux Falls.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
SaraB-GM, General Manager at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We strive to continuously improve the standard of service we provide, and your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We take a lot of pride in our property and recently renovated all of our rooms. The bar and the food are new options for our property and am glad they do not go unnoticed. We feel we have a lot of great things to offer our guests and love it when we hear that our guests enjoy their stay with us!

We realize that there are many hotels to choose from, and we appreciate that you chose to stay with us. Once again, thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

213 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

After a week of camping, having a clean, friendly, place to stay with a shower and a comfortable bed was priceless. Having stayed there the previous week we received a coupon to save on the next stay which was really nice. The breakfast was limited in selection but was okay and we had plenty for a one night stay. The hotel property is off by itself and is very quiet.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We strive to continuously improve the standard of service we provide, and your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and stayed with us a second night. We take a lot of pride in our property and love to hear when people have a great experience.

SD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed on a Saturday night and have stayed here many times before on business and pleasure and are frequent guests, maybe 10-15 nights a year. Normally, we receive a coupon with our bill that is slipped under our door and use it on our next stay arriving with a reservation. We like to stay here, because it is right off the interstate, has clean large rooms, decent breakfast, and at a reasonable price. However on this visit, "Hope" the check in lady said the hotel was full and they couldn't honor our 20% coupon even with our existing reservation made over the internet. We were shocked and disappointed. However, the other dark haired gal at the desk seemed apologetic and kind. "Hope",kept on repeating like a broken record, that we had to pay full price and nothing could be done. Miraculously, the next morning, our bill had the 20% discount. Hmm..What happened, didn't all the guests check in and the computers relented to letting a coupon be used? I am not sure if we will stay here again as there are other nice hotels in town. I guess we will have to call ahead and ask if we will have a problem using the coupon that night. We used to feel good about staying here, like it was our home away from home.. Too bad.."Hope" left a unwelcome feeling with us.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SaraB-GM, General Manager at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We strive to continuously improve the standard of service we provide, and your feedback is extremely valuable to us. I am very sorry to hear about your experience as you know is not typical of our Hotel. I would really appreciate you to reach out to me so that I can make this right with you. I will also use this as a training opportunity for some of our newer staff. Once again I am truly sorry for your experience and I hope you will give me the chance to make it right with you. So please email me or call the hotel and ask for me.

Ventura, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I usually stay downtown when I'm in Sioux Falls because it's convenient to both the airport and good non-chain restaurants. For this one night stay, I chose the Quality Inn. This place is remote! There's nothing nearby except a Flying J truck stop and a big Harley-Davidson dealer. It's surrounded by fields near the end of a dead-end road.

The property is well maintained and clean, and the staff is friendly. There's a mini mini-mart, the usual standard hot-waffle breakfast is OK and, oddly, there's a tiny bar off the lobby that I can't imagine isn't brutally depressing.

This property is in the middle of nowhere at the junction of I-29 and I-90. If you're visiting Sioux Falls, there are better-located choices.

However, if you're just passing through and need a clean, quiet place to sleep it's perfectly OK.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
SaraB-GM, General Manager at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We strive to continuously improve the standard of service we provide, and your feedback is extremely valuable to us. It is quiet out here but it is under 10 minutes to get to both the downtown area or some of the other restaurant chains.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We enjoyed this hotel so much we booked it on our return trip from our vacation out West.

I initially booked it after reading reviews, seeing that it is PET FRIENDLY, and noting that it was near the Interstate and a short drive from Wilde Prairie Winery in Brandon, South Dakota.

The gentleman that I spoke with was excellent. He also was at the reception desk when I checked in and pointed out the amenities of the Hotel. He is ONE OF THE BEST I have met in 40 years of travels.

They also have a bar adjacent to the front desk and serve wine and beer AND a small store for basic needs and snacks next to the counter. They have a local wine, but not Wilde Prairie Wine at this time.

Free Contiental breakfast was typical, clean, but had some "traffic jam" areas, but the Hotel was pretty full when we stayed. Coffee was excellent and served 24/7.

MAKE RESERVATIONS - to assure yourself a room.

The hotel is by itself, with VERY clean grounds and very nice, thick, soft, grass and easily walkable sidewalk for your dog. There is a truckstop that you drive past to the hotel but it is not a disturbance.

This hotel was constructed correctly our room faced the highway and there is NO NOISE.

My wife felt very safe in this Hotel. Hallways were not too long. Carpeting is clean. Rooms and baths are correctly set up to keep plumbing sounds isolated. Doors lock SECURELY, even the outside doors when I took my dog out would loudly click shut.

Sioux Falls is a small city, very easy to get around. Some street construction. We traveled to "The Falls" (a MUST SEE) and saw the great downtown with it's many nice bars, restaurants and sculptures. We will be back again to see more of Sioux Falls.

Room Tip: We stayed in a ground floor PET FRIENDLY room with excellent outside access. Entire hotel is NO SMO...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We strive to continuously improve the standard of service we provide, and your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We love our quiet location and am glad that you enjoyed it as well. I am glad you found Jason to be a great help to you. We love hearing about how great our staff is as we believe they are the best.

Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We were in town on business and booked here by the vendor that paid for it so I cannot speak about the price. The place looked fairly new and everything looked great. The room was a king suite with plenty of room and was very comfortable. However one issue was that the room had the smell of cigarette smoke even though the entire floor was non-smoking. My boss was in the room next door and he said the same thing. I wasn't enough to make me change rooms but there was some kind of smell there. The other thing (and the hotel could do absolutely nothing about it) is the drive in. You have to drive past a truck stop to get to the hotel and twice we were stopped by a half-dozen (or more) trucks trying to get to the fuel pumps. When they could not get in they sat in the street blocking the road. This may not be a big deal most of the time but is something I consider.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We strive to continuously improve the standard of service we provide, and your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We are sorry to hear you had a smell of smoke in your room. We are a completely non smoking hotel and should not ever have that issue. Most of the time our neighbors down the road at the truck-stop are a none issue.

Sycamore, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I traveled to Sioux Falls with my two young children for a family wedding. I requested two connecting rooms so my youngest could sleep separately from my older son and me. It was obviously very important that the rooms connected, otherwise my 15 month old would be in a room completely locked off by himself. This was so important, that I actually called a few days beforehand to make sure they had this noted on my reservation (which they stated, yes they did). Lo and behold, when I went to check in, of course, they did not have any connecting rooms available! I told the attendant this simply was not acceptable since I would not have another adult to stay in the separated room. When I asked her if it was noted on my reservation, she said yes, it was, but that it can only be a REQUEST and is not a guarantee. She also said they do everything they can to grant requests, but in this case, they could not do it. So I asked her what they had done to try to make this request work. Of course, she did not have an answer because she obviously had not seen anything about this request until I came to check in. They had a sign behind the desk stating that satisfaction is guaranteed, but I was highly UNsatisifed with my experience. She offered me a two room suite, but could not give me the lower rate that I had made my reservation with. I don't understand why they even give the option of having connecting rooms when they obviously do nothing to accommodate this. The only reason I gave it a "poor" rating as opposed to "terrible" is because they had a breakfast buffet that was decent. Traveler beware of making any reservation requests here because you will have no reassurance of them actually being able to deliver.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!