“EXCELLENT, easy access, QUIET, excellent location.” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #16 of 51 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“EXCELLENT, easy access, QUIET, excellent location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We enjoyed this hotel so much we booked it on our return trip from our vacation out West.

I initially booked it after reading reviews, seeing that it is PET FRIENDLY, and noting that it was near the Interstate and a short drive from Wilde Prairie Winery in Brandon, South Dakota.

The gentleman that I spoke with was excellent. He also was at the reception desk when I checked in and pointed out the amenities of the Hotel. He is ONE OF THE BEST I have met in 40 years of travels.

They also have a bar adjacent to the front desk and serve wine and beer AND a small store for basic needs and snacks next to the counter. They have a local wine, but not Wilde Prairie Wine at this time.

Free Contiental breakfast was typical, clean, but had some "traffic jam" areas, but the Hotel was pretty full when we stayed. Coffee was excellent and served 24/7.

MAKE RESERVATIONS - to assure yourself a room.

The hotel is by itself, with VERY clean grounds and very nice, thick, soft, grass and easily walkable sidewalk for your dog. There is a truckstop that you drive past to the hotel but it is not a disturbance.

This hotel was constructed correctly our room faced the highway and there is NO NOISE.

My wife felt very safe in this Hotel. Hallways were not too long. Carpeting is clean. Rooms and baths are correctly set up to keep plumbing sounds isolated. Doors lock SECURELY, even the outside doors when I took my dog out would loudly click shut.

Sioux Falls is a small city, very easy to get around. Some street construction. We traveled to "The Falls" (a MUST SEE) and saw the great downtown with it's many nice bars, restaurants and sculptures. We will be back again to see more of Sioux Falls.

Room Tip: We stayed in a ground floor PET FRIENDLY room with excellent outside access. Entire hotel is NO SMO...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SaraB-GM, General Manager at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We strive to continuously improve the standard of service we provide, and your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We love our quiet location and am glad that you enjoyed it as well. I am glad you found Jason to be a great help to you. We love hearing about how great our staff is as we believe they are the best.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We were in town on business and booked here by the vendor that paid for it so I cannot speak about the price. The place looked fairly new and everything looked great. The room was a king suite with plenty of room and was very comfortable. However one issue was that the room had the smell of cigarette smoke even though the entire floor was non-smoking. My boss was in the room next door and he said the same thing. I wasn't enough to make me change rooms but there was some kind of smell there. The other thing (and the hotel could do absolutely nothing about it) is the drive in. You have to drive past a truck stop to get to the hotel and twice we were stopped by a half-dozen (or more) trucks trying to get to the fuel pumps. When they could not get in they sat in the street blocking the road. This may not be a big deal most of the time but is something I consider.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We strive to continuously improve the standard of service we provide, and your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We are sorry to hear you had a smell of smoke in your room. We are a completely non smoking hotel and should not ever have that issue. Most of the time our neighbors down the road at the truck-stop are a none issue.

Sycamore, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I traveled to Sioux Falls with my two young children for a family wedding. I requested two connecting rooms so my youngest could sleep separately from my older son and me. It was obviously very important that the rooms connected, otherwise my 15 month old would be in a room completely locked off by himself. This was so important, that I actually called a few days beforehand to make sure they had this noted on my reservation (which they stated, yes they did). Lo and behold, when I went to check in, of course, they did not have any connecting rooms available! I told the attendant this simply was not acceptable since I would not have another adult to stay in the separated room. When I asked her if it was noted on my reservation, she said yes, it was, but that it can only be a REQUEST and is not a guarantee. She also said they do everything they can to grant requests, but in this case, they could not do it. So I asked her what they had done to try to make this request work. Of course, she did not have an answer because she obviously had not seen anything about this request until I came to check in. They had a sign behind the desk stating that satisfaction is guaranteed, but I was highly UNsatisifed with my experience. She offered me a two room suite, but could not give me the lower rate that I had made my reservation with. I don't understand why they even give the option of having connecting rooms when they obviously do nothing to accommodate this. The only reason I gave it a "poor" rating as opposed to "terrible" is because they had a breakfast buffet that was decent. Traveler beware of making any reservation requests here because you will have no reassurance of them actually being able to deliver.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was looking for a hotel in Sioux Falls on Labor day weekend and decided to get a suite to accomodate my 3 year old grandson. The downside of course is that I spent more money than I would have liked to. The room was in good shape and the staff was very professional. The breakfast was better than a typical continental breakfast. The hotel itself is north of the city in a very quiet area. There is a Denny's within walking distance but not much else in the area. You're approxiametly 3-5 miles from Empire mall and many eating establishments.Very close to the airport. If I have any problem at all with the hotel it would be that I have a hard time paying $100 plus dollars for a hotel in Sioux Falls, SD.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
SaraB-GM, General Manager at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We strive to continuously improve the standard of service we provide, and your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We love our quiet location and am glad that you enjoyed it as well. I am glad you found our staff to be very professional. We have a lot of pride in the staff that we have here.

Honor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We're on our "dream" out west trip and stopped here on our way west. We would have LOVED to transport this room along with us all the way. Very clean, very comfortable - we'd recommend it to anyone. The breakfast was very good - fresh & tasty. Truly a good start for a long day ahead.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SaraB-GM, General Manager at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We strive to continuously improve the standard of service we provide, and your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are happy to hear we helped start your trip off on the right note. I am hoping the rest of your trip was great as well. Maybe we will see you on your way back through.

We realize that there are many hotels to choose from, and we appreciate that you chose to stay with us. Once again, thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Safe Travels!
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This Quality Inn is very upscale. Extremely clean. Good breakfast. Staff very friendly. Even a bartender taking drink orders in the evening (for an extra charge). Some Quality Inns I've stayed at are rather run down, but this one is super!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We strive to continuously improve the standard of service we provide, and your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We just finished renovating all of our rooms so we are happy to hear you enjoyed our Hotel and the new look. The bar is also a new addition to our property. We are proud of our Hotel.

Miller, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Nice hotel on the north side of Sioux Falls. A bit of drive away from restaurants and other attractions, but a solid property nonetheless. Great stop for those travelling on either interstate or flying out from the Sioux Falls airport.

Room Tip: Elevator is painfully slow, so grab a first-floor room if you can.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We strive to continuously improve the standard of service we provide, and your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. There is a restaurant opening this fall just down the road and we are excited for that. Otherwise it is about 6 minutes down the interstate for any type of restaurant you could ask for. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!!!

Been to Quality Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!