“Satisfaction Guaranteed? Not In My Case” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Sycamore, IL
“Satisfaction Guaranteed? Not In My Case”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I traveled to Sioux Falls with my two young children for a family wedding. I requested two connecting rooms so my youngest could sleep separately from my older son and me. It was obviously very important that the rooms connected, otherwise my 15 month old would be in a room completely locked off by himself. This was so important, that I actually called a few days beforehand to make sure they had this noted on my reservation (which they stated, yes they did). Lo and behold, when I went to check in, of course, they did not have any connecting rooms available! I told the attendant this simply was not acceptable since I would not have another adult to stay in the separated room. When I asked her if it was noted on my reservation, she said yes, it was, but that it can only be a REQUEST and is not a guarantee. She also said they do everything they can to grant requests, but in this case, they could not do it. So I asked her what they had done to try to make this request work. Of course, she did not have an answer because she obviously had not seen anything about this request until I came to check in. They had a sign behind the desk stating that satisfaction is guaranteed, but I was highly UNsatisifed with my experience. She offered me a two room suite, but could not give me the lower rate that I had made my reservation with. I don't understand why they even give the option of having connecting rooms when they obviously do nothing to accommodate this. The only reason I gave it a "poor" rating as opposed to "terrible" is because they had a breakfast buffet that was decent. Traveler beware of making any reservation requests here because you will have no reassurance of them actually being able to deliver.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was looking for a hotel in Sioux Falls on Labor day weekend and decided to get a suite to accomodate my 3 year old grandson. The downside of course is that I spent more money than I would have liked to. The room was in good shape and the staff was very professional. The breakfast was better than a typical continental breakfast. The hotel itself is north of the city in a very quiet area. There is a Denny's within walking distance but not much else in the area. You're approxiametly 3-5 miles from Empire mall and many eating establishments.Very close to the airport. If I have any problem at all with the hotel it would be that I have a hard time paying $100 plus dollars for a hotel in Sioux Falls, SD.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
SaraB-GM, General Manager at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We strive to continuously improve the standard of service we provide, and your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We love our quiet location and am glad that you enjoyed it as well. I am glad you found our staff to be very professional. We have a lot of pride in the staff that we have here.

Honor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We're on our "dream" out west trip and stopped here on our way west. We would have LOVED to transport this room along with us all the way. Very clean, very comfortable - we'd recommend it to anyone. The breakfast was very good - fresh & tasty. Truly a good start for a long day ahead.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SaraB-GM, General Manager at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We strive to continuously improve the standard of service we provide, and your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are happy to hear we helped start your trip off on the right note. I am hoping the rest of your trip was great as well. Maybe we will see you on your way back through.

We realize that there are many hotels to choose from, and we appreciate that you chose to stay with us. Once again, thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Safe Travels!
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This Quality Inn is very upscale. Extremely clean. Good breakfast. Staff very friendly. Even a bartender taking drink orders in the evening (for an extra charge). Some Quality Inns I've stayed at are rather run down, but this one is super!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We strive to continuously improve the standard of service we provide, and your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We just finished renovating all of our rooms so we are happy to hear you enjoyed our Hotel and the new look. The bar is also a new addition to our property. We are proud of our Hotel.

Miller, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Nice hotel on the north side of Sioux Falls. A bit of drive away from restaurants and other attractions, but a solid property nonetheless. Great stop for those travelling on either interstate or flying out from the Sioux Falls airport.

Room Tip: Elevator is painfully slow, so grab a first-floor room if you can.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We strive to continuously improve the standard of service we provide, and your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. There is a restaurant opening this fall just down the road and we are excited for that. Otherwise it is about 6 minutes down the interstate for any type of restaurant you could ask for. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!!!

Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This hotel had been recently remodeled. It was very clean and comfortable. The decorating wasn't anything special, but we were only looking for a good bed and a clean and comfortable room. We found it here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SaraB-GM, General Manager at Quality Inn And Suites, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We strive to continuously improve the standard of service we provide, and your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We just finished renovating all of our rooms so we are happy to hear you enjoyed our Hotel and the new look. Our beds are all brand new as well so we are glad to hear you got a great nights sleep.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The girl at the counter said maybe 3 words to us after making us wait for 15 minutes to check in. At least the room was clean-ish and it was somewhere to crash for the night. The breakfast was mediocre even for this kind of place. We skipped it all together and went to the Denny's down the road.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We value all the feed back that we get from all our guests.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. Our staff is usually amazing and sorry that you were not able to receive the service that we usually give. I will definitely relay the message and make sure they are aware of how they made you feel.

Been to Quality Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!