“A nice surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
Omaha, Nebraska
“A nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2008

For someone wanting a nice place for a longer stay this is very nice. Even if it is just for one night, I would recommend it. It would be a very good place to take a family. The rooms are HUGE more like apts. The breakfast is also much nicer than a Holiday Inn Express. Very nice.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2008

This hotel has been well taken care of and has a great staff of employees. The hotel has been open for 3 years, but is in a condition that one would expect if it were only 6 months.

The staff was very helpful and enjoyed taking care of the customer.

• Stayed September 2008
rapid city sd
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2008

It was girls weekend again and this time we tried the third hotel in Sioux Falls that has 2 bedroom suites. We checked in on Friday evening and got settled in. The bedrooms are a good size and the living room, although small, was set up nicely. We didn't have any problems with the four of us sitting around having a drink and playing cards.

The breakfast was good in the morning, although the breakfast room was too full and we ended up taking our food back to our room each morning. We were there on Fri/Sat nights, so the evening reception wasn't available to us.

I think this is a nice place, and although it's not as fancy as one of the other 2 bedroom suite hotels in town, the price is comprable and the living room was way more comfortable, which is what is really important to us.

And, we ended up with a suite next to the outside door, which was awesome! Less distance to cart our stuff out to the cars!

• Liked — living room layout was tight but had enough chairs to go around
  • Disliked — breakfast room was overcrowded.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
oo77
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2008

My husband and I stayed here when we visit South Dakota. Oh I love the place. The staff is great and the suites are awesome. I felt like we were at home with the spacious suites. I would highly recommend this hotel..

• Liked — The pool
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2008

This place is great. Very clean, very friendly staff. Except for a breakfast employee on our first morning. My daughter wanted a waffle, put the stuff in the maker and she had to much, so it overflowed, the woman came out and kind of scolded her (I was standing right there) my daughter never went to breakfast again. We took it to her in the room. Breakfast selection is great and the evening "snacks" can be made into a lite dinner. The rooms are wonderful. We would defintely stay again. The front desk was awesome!!! Way to go.

• Liked — clean and friendly
  • Disliked — interstate in the backyard--but it was quite in the rooms
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Eastern Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2008

I stayed here when traveling on business. I booked a studio but was upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite. The room was very spacious, had a nice kitchen, and an HVAC system that worked very well. IInternet access was free and fast. t's in a good area, close to the interstate with plenty of options within walking distance of restaurants. The free aiport shuttle works out well if you don't want to rent a car. The staff was "Midwest nice" and you can't beat having breakfast and dinner available at no charge. I have 4 children and when we travel to Sioux Falls I will definitely book this hotel.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sioux Falls, Sd
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2008

I stayed here for 2 days in March while my upstairs neighbors were putting carpet in their apartment so that I could have a quiet, relaxing
couple of days of no pounding noise. It was just what I needed. It had a full kitchen, which I used a lot to save money on having to eat out all the time, which was very helpful. They also upgraded me from a studio 1 bedroom suite to a beautiful suite with 2 beds in the bedroom and a sofa and easy chair in the living area. They also have an evening "sundowner" reception several nights a week, but I was unable to partake of that service due to the fact that I had to work all the evenings that I was there. I ate the Hot breakfast one morning, wasn't too impressed as it was only coffee, juice, milk, cereal, rolls, eggs and hard-boiled eggs, not what I'd expect from a Holiday Inn and especially since they tout it as being cooked to order. The staff there is extremely nice. It was even nice to be able to visit with the housekeepers for awhile. Most housekeepers either don't want to be bothered by having to talk to you or think of it as a chore to talk to you at all. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, even if you're just staying for only 1 or 2 nights.

• Liked — Guest Service
  • Disliked — the Hot morning breakfast
  • Stayed March 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Staybridge Suites Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!