“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
oo77
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2008

My husband and I stayed here when we visit South Dakota. Oh I love the place. The staff is great and the suites are awesome. I felt like we were at home with the spacious suites. I would highly recommend this hotel..

• Liked — The pool
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2008

This place is great. Very clean, very friendly staff. Except for a breakfast employee on our first morning. My daughter wanted a waffle, put the stuff in the maker and she had to much, so it overflowed, the woman came out and kind of scolded her (I was standing right there) my daughter never went to breakfast again. We took it to her in the room. Breakfast selection is great and the evening "snacks" can be made into a lite dinner. The rooms are wonderful. We would defintely stay again. The front desk was awesome!!! Way to go.

• Liked — clean and friendly
  • Disliked — interstate in the backyard--but it was quite in the rooms
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Eastern Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2008

I stayed here when traveling on business. I booked a studio but was upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite. The room was very spacious, had a nice kitchen, and an HVAC system that worked very well. IInternet access was free and fast. t's in a good area, close to the interstate with plenty of options within walking distance of restaurants. The free aiport shuttle works out well if you don't want to rent a car. The staff was "Midwest nice" and you can't beat having breakfast and dinner available at no charge. I have 4 children and when we travel to Sioux Falls I will definitely book this hotel.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sioux Falls, Sd
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2008

I stayed here for 2 days in March while my upstairs neighbors were putting carpet in their apartment so that I could have a quiet, relaxing
couple of days of no pounding noise. It was just what I needed. It had a full kitchen, which I used a lot to save money on having to eat out all the time, which was very helpful. They also upgraded me from a studio 1 bedroom suite to a beautiful suite with 2 beds in the bedroom and a sofa and easy chair in the living area. They also have an evening "sundowner" reception several nights a week, but I was unable to partake of that service due to the fact that I had to work all the evenings that I was there. I ate the Hot breakfast one morning, wasn't too impressed as it was only coffee, juice, milk, cereal, rolls, eggs and hard-boiled eggs, not what I'd expect from a Holiday Inn and especially since they tout it as being cooked to order. The staff there is extremely nice. It was even nice to be able to visit with the housekeepers for awhile. Most housekeepers either don't want to be bothered by having to talk to you or think of it as a chore to talk to you at all. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, even if you're just staying for only 1 or 2 nights.

• Liked — Guest Service
  • Disliked — the Hot morning breakfast
  • Stayed March 2008
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2007

nice place,nice location,quiet.
Like all Holiday Inn properties absurdly
overpriced. Should be 90$ Max.
not 120.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2007

We had stayed one night at another hotel in Sioux Falls and had planned to stay for 2, we were so disappointed that we checked out and went to the StayBridge Suites, It was great, we wish we had been there the first night. It is only 2 years old. The staff was very friendly and polite. The room was awesome, nice size, very clean. Since we had been staying somewhere else and wanted to get right into this room they had the cleaning staff get a room ready for us and we checked in at 11 am. I was Christmas shopping but my husband wanted to stay in the room and do book work. At night they had a taco buffet, free wine and beer and pop. We grabbed some food before we went out to do more shopping. The breakfast was wonderful, hot and cold food, had a nice area to eat at, they even had real dishes and silver ware.
We will definately stay here again.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — noting
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2006

Stayed one night at the Staybridge, and wished we had stayed longer. The suite at this newer property was a genuine suite -- separate bedroom with a door, rather than a bed and glorified sitting area -- with a functional kitchen area that included beyond the usual basic equipment. The room was impeccably clean and, while not particularly large, was comfortably arranged. The included expanded continental breakfast was significantly better than most and kept up throughout the breakfast hour much better than most properties in this price range. It's located in the middle of a shopping area, which has its pluses and minuses. Quick tip: if you're tired of restaurant food, as we were, head away from the shopping areas to the other side of the freeway for a good grocery with just about anything you'd want.

• Stayed August 2006
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Staybridge Suites Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!