“Favorite Hotel in Sioux Falls” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 49 hotels in Sioux Falls
Road Warrior
“Favorite Hotel in Sioux Falls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Just got done spending 3 nights here and with the exception of a couple of minor things I was very pleased with my stay. I have actually stayed in 7 different hotels in the Sioux Falls area and this was definitely my favorite thus far.

I got the impression that this is a pretty high traffic hotel but it's hard to tell as everything was still in great condition, both the rooms themselves and the common areas. My suite was pretty much a typical Staybridge setup and was very clean and spacious. Bed was comfortable for sleeping and the desk and chair was comfortable for working. The 2 flat screen LCD TV's were good sized and had a nice picture and selection of channels.

The wireless Internet left a lot to be desired, both speed and connectivity were poor in my room. I was able to get a decent connection in the bedroom but the living area not so much. When I was connected speeds were marginal at best and often intermittent. It was a little on the frustrating side at time but wasn't necessarily terrible, I was still able to get some work done.

Beyond the the only things I really didn't care for were:

A: As with most Staybridges the sink is not enclosed in the toilet/shower area so there is no door when you are using the sink.... thus no privacy. I don't know why they couldn't have put a little sliding door between the bedroom and sink when they designed these places but alas they did not.

B: My room was 310 and the room next door(312) had a VERY loud squeaky bed, so every time the neighbors rolled over or flopped around in bed I was woken up as well. One night we had some ...errr...energetic neighbors who were engaging in "relations" several times.....lol...and the squeaking boomed and echoed through our room as well.

It wouldn't hurt to send maintenance up to 312 to see if they can remedy the loud squeaking bed in that room, maybe the headboard needs to be secured better to the wall or something.

Other then that I had a good stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Fairmont, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Stayed one night. Check-in was quick and efficient. Room was very clean. We were in a room at the end of the hall right by the stairwell so very quiet. Room temperature was just right. The king bed was very comfortable. We got an excellent rate for Sunday night stay booked on line directly from Staybridge website of $76 plus tax. Breakfast was filling and the coffee was great. Not far from the Empire Mall with lots of nearby eating choices. Overall, very happy with our stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
SD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Had a great overnight stay here. Will make this our usual stopover when visiting Sioux Falls. The kitchenette is very handy with two growing teenagers. Rooms are large enough for us to not feel crowded, and we love having two TVs.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Newberg, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

I recently stayed at Staybridge in Sioux Falls, SD this last week and I have to say it was excellent, The complementary wine and beer Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights was a great addition as well as the comfy rooms and kitchenette.

Room Tip: Definetly take advantage of the kitchenettes it really cuts down on the cost of your stay cooking yo...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Sioux Falls, SD this weekend (3-5 Feb 2012) and had a wonderful time. We had a queen suite, which although being the smallest of the room choices was quite roomy and comfortable. The fully equipped kitchen with a full-size refrigerator was really nice. The staff was exceptionally friendly and professional. The complimentary breakfast offered a wide variety of choices, from the basics like cereal and pastries to hot items like waffles, biscuits and gravy, and sausage "corn-dog" bites. I was also impressed with the wide variety of hot beverages available. The location was extremely convenient, right off the interstate and close to the Empire Mall. Only two things detracted from our stay. First, we asked for the quietest room they had, which they did provide us. Unfortunately it was on the second floor directly below the smoking rooms on the third floor. The smoke smell in the hallway was so bad that my wife had to hold her breath and plug her nose every time we walked down the hallway to and from our room. The second area that needs improvement is the dining area. It is way to small with not enough tables/chairs to accomodate the breakfast crowd. Overall we were impressed with the hotel and the value and will likely choose it again.

Room Tip: I-29 side rooms are noisy due to interstate traffic. Non-smokers should avoid 2d floor rooms in the...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Watertown, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at this Staybridge location and I was just as pleased this time. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and have a kitchenette area with a refridergator, microwave, and stove. They offer a wonderful continental breakfast in the mornings and beer, wine, and food on the weeknight evenings. The pool/hot tub area is clean and comfortable. The hotel is close to some wonderful restaurants as well as a nice movie theater. I will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Bent Mountain, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I travel a lot but had never stayed at a Staybridge Suites. I was pleased with every aspect of the accomodations, especially that I could get a smoking room. People were VERY friendly, linens were top flight, place was clean and I will definately stay there in the future.

Room Tip: They sometimes have noisy groups, so ask from a room accoridngly.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Staybridge Suites Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!