“Very good Easter buffet” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Fort Myers, Florida
“Very good Easter buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Went on Easter with the family. We had made reservations, so were seated immediately. We all ordered the buffet, although you could also order off of the menu. The food was very good. There were plenty of choices, and it was all fresh. Our server was very attentive and efficient.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

SIOUX FALLS
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

They have very good food here at a reasonable price. I try to eat here at least once a month. The staff is friendly and helpful. They have a decent selection of beers.

columbus, ne
“good service, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We had to wait awhile which is to be expected on a Sat evening. Unfortunately, our group of 11 couldn't be seated together, but we were close. Eleven people is a big group. We had eaten at the Granite City in Omaha, but others had not been to the restaurant. they were impressed w/ the food, the price & the service.

Visited April 2014
Spearfish, South Dakota
“A happening place... with hops :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Was in town to spend some time for a family matter. We were shopping for some miscellaneous items (we live in Spearfish, SD about 400 miles to the West) and needed a dinner spot.

Granite City is located on Louise just a couple of blocks North of the Empire Mall on 41st. Very convenient location, just off the I-29 corridor and certainly close enough to use if you're traveling on the interstate.

We arrived just after 6 PM and were greeted at the door and promptly seated and given menus. Justin, our server for the evening, came by immediately to introduce himself and get drink orders going.

Granite City has a very creative and extensive custom drink menu; if you can't find something you like here, it's your own fault. I normally like some kind of vodka Martini, but I noticed that the restaurant served sangria... both red and white. Since Spring was trying to show itself today, I opted for the red sangria; great choice!

My wife doesn't drink, but my daughter and her friend ordered lemonade and root beer. (Soft drinks get free refills and their glasses were never empty).

We ordered a "boch and cheese" plate as an appetizer... YUM! It's a fresh baked lavosh with white cheese, chicken chunks, and large bacon bits on it. It was really good and I suggest you try it. It was scarfed up pretty quickly.

Insofar as entrees were concerned, I ordered the fish taco special. It included three (3) freshly grilled fish tacos on white wheat tortillas, with the requisite shredded cabbage, tomato, and cheese sprinkled on top with some chipotle cream dressing. It was fresh and good, but could have used a tad bit more chipotle sauce on it. My fish tacos were served with Spanish rice and fresh salsa that was very tasty.

My wife ordered a Chinese chicken salad which she said was one the best she's ever had in a restaurant. I sampled it and I would have to agree. It was a great mix of both flavors and crunchiness.

My daughter ordered a chicken Caesar salad which I also tasted... it was very fresh and had what seemed to be freshly made Caesar dressing on it.

Her friend ordered chicken Alfredo on fettuccini; I managed to snag a bite of that, as well, and it was delicious and fresh.

All of our portions were very generous and we were more than satisfied.

Justin, our server, was a real standout; he's extremely "on his game" and has a thoughtful command of his environment. Justin definitely provided us with one of our better service experiences in a long time.

Be sure to ask for Justin's section when you come; he won't disappoint.

One of the principal features of Granite City is their on-site brewery and proprietary selection of beers.

While I enjoy an occasional beer, I'm not a big beer drinker (it tends to give me an acid tummy). However, Justin very graciously brought me three (3) oversized shot glasses with different brews to try - a Boston lager, a TPA, and their current special beer a "Burning Barn Irish Red" ( the burning barn refers to the barn they burned down when they built their corporate brewery).

All the beers were excellent; I think my favorite was actually the Irish Red. You should try it; it has a very rich and smooth taste.

For dessert, our table shared an absolutely HUGE fresh-baked chocolate
chip cookie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. It was very rich and served warm. One is more than enough for four or five people to share.

We had a great meal and absolutely will return for another meal when we are back in town... probably in a couple of weeks.

We were very pleased with Justin's service and would recommend him to others.

Also, Megan, the Manager on Duty that evening, came by to check on us and our meal... a nice touch that very few establishments seem to offer anymore.

This restaurant seems to serve a wide variety of customers. We saw several tables with obvious business meals taking place, families dining, and young singles eating and drinking after work.

The decor is contemporary without being overdone.

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal here...

Visited March 2014
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“TOO GREASY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

too much grease. why do you want plug up your heart. think about your children, they will want you around so do not take your children there and teach them those bad habits

• Visited March 2014