“Awesome staff.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner
Willmar, Minnesota
“Awesome staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Myself and a friend enjoyed lunch here with a ton of children. The staff was great! We were seated and helped in a super fast and helpful manner.

Visited September 2013

Bowdle, sd
“Very good appetizers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We ate here the other night, we shared the large nachos which were delicious! The waiter did a great job keeping our water filled as we had to use the devil's spit sauce, which was excellent!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
“Painful to admit... but we liked it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Okay, I have to start by saying my husband and I were hardcore "Nap's BBQ" fans and they won hands down in our opinion. After they closed we have tried several places to find anything close to comparable.

We had been to Dave's a couple of times both before and after Nap's closed, but we always thought the ribs were small and we just didn't care for their BBQ sauce options, finally making the decision we would never go back at least not by our choice.

A couple of weeks ago we were seriously "jonesing" for some ribs... and decided to eat our words and try Dave's one more time. Luckily they were offering a special where you could select 3 different types of ribs on the sampler platter.

We had both ordered the sampler platter, and after a very short wait out came a boat load of ribs. Turns out you got 3 ribs of each type and I must admit the Ribs were surprisingly meaty. Even after our belly's were pleasantly full, we still ended up taking nearly the equivalent of 3/4 of an order home as leftovers.

We duplicated a couple of the same types.... one being the dry rub, my husband liked it better than I did, but of the ones I chose this was my least favorite. The second was Dave's "New" Backyard BBQ (Locally This Is The Closest We Have Found To Naps... Really, Really Good!). For my third choice I tried a pineapple glazed rib, they included a grilled pineapple chunk which was tasty, but the ribs themselves were just okay. I can't remember what my husbands third was, but I think he had doubled up on the dry rub.

Dave's sides are pretty much what we remember from past visits, the baked beans are far from what Nap's had, but their okay. The potato salad's flavor is actually decent, just felt the texture is odd... but would order it again if I had to chose a side (It does have nice big chunks of perfectly cooked potato's and fresh hard boiled eggs, but the rest of it was strangely grainy with overcooked potato mush). I don't know what to say about the cornbread muffin, I admit I'm not a fan of cornbread, but the one tiny little bite I took I didn't like at all. They did allow my husband to substitute his muffin for a half portion of one of the other sides... he chose coleslaw, but unfortunately it was almost as bad as the cornbread.

If Dave's keep the Backyard BBQ option, we will be back.... but probably for take-out ribs only, we would rather make our own sides.

Oh yah, for an appetizer we started with the BBQ Chicken Nachos... don't know what to say other than interesting, not sure we would order it again, but you do get a lot!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Iowa City, Iowa
“Yummers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Famous Daves is always tasty and this one did not disappoint. Service for the food was a bit slow, but then it was a Sunday right after church time and they were very busy. The food was good as always!

Visited June 2013
South Dakota
“Not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Talk about dried out meat. My rib tips were so dried out i could not eat them. I could only ask for a to go box and took it to our dogs. Even they had to gnaw at it. Daughters ribs were ok. Side dishes were edible, wait staff pretty nice. The cooks need training....and for some reason they were playing polka music instead of blues......weird and as someone else posted...annoying.

Visited May 2013