“I am forever grateful.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
MN
“I am forever grateful.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

A couple summer ago I needed to get away with my three young children. Nothing much was available online but I did snag a family suite for around $150 I think it was. We had never stayed at the Clubhouse but we were excited to try it out. When we arrived, the front desk clerk was super, super nice and could tell that we had some issues going on. She picked right up on them and asked if it would be okay to upgrade us to the Presidential suite. I had no idea what a gorgeous place this was. I was completely surprised and grateful. We were going through a rough patch and this was exactly what we needed. We ordered Carino's from room service and then spent the next two hours swimming in the water park until it was closing time. I can't even describe the room. Multi-level, granite, marble, glass, gorgeous, floor to ceiling curtains, comfortable bed, huge bathroom, enormous, fantastic and then some. Words don't even do it justice. I wish I remembered this kind clerk's name because she made the day of myself and my three children. I am forever grateful to the Clubhouse.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
clubsf, General Manager at Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 8, 2009
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about your past stay with us. I am thrilled you got to experience one of the nicest suites in the city! We are very proud of those suites and I am delighted that you enjoyed yourselves. We at the ClubHouse are forever grateful as well for your friendships and business! We invite you to stay with us again in the near future.
Val Carman, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

We booked and paid online and got quite a deal $99. Driving up to the hotel we thought for sure our deal was too good to be true. Very nice looking hotel. Lobby was amazing. Staff was super friendly and our room was gorgeous. Checking in was great, staff let us know of all of thier ammenities such as bike rental (no charge - and a great bike trail right in thier back yard), they also have a great outdoor patio which has three firepits for guests. They offered s'mores packs for guests to use at the firepits ($8 /pack which was plenty for three of us). The room had very high ceilings which made the room have a larger feel. The room was more spacious than any other room i have stayed in, beds were great. 1st floor rooms on back of hotel have thier own private patios that are connected to main patio. This was very nice, we spent our evening out at one of the firepits with our six year old daughter. we stayed on a monday night so it had very few guests. the restaraunt/bar also had a great patio outside in close proxmity to the patio. Restaruant was nice but nothing great. atmosphere is great but food was average, maybe a bit overpriced!? Pool was great for young kids, shallow, and plenty space to play. A kiddie pool with small slide and water "mushroom" and a 3 foot side with a bigger slide for a bit older kids (our six year old daughter was fine in this slide). there were only about 6 of us total in the pool area on a monday night which was fantastic, my husband and i sat in the nearby hot tub watching our daughter swim. The bell hop working that night was great, very friendly helped us out with the fire and chatted. I would definitely go back to Siuox falls just to stay in this hotel. Very relaxing end to our vacation!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
I wanted to personally thank you for sharing your past experience with us. We enjoy hearing when our guests experience the fabulous outdoor setting. Our fire pits and bikes are very popular and I am glad you experienced some of what we have to offer. Our goal is to create a Home away from Home experience and I am thrilled we were part of your family getaway!
Colorado Springs, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

My mom, daughter and I stayed here overnight on our way to Minnesota. This was THE best hotel we stayed in the entire trip! The room was huge and very well furnished. We had a patio room that opened up to the back of the hotel which was very nice. The breakfast in the morning was great. My mom was extremely impressed with this place too. I would recommend it to anyone staying in Sioux Falls!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
clubsf, General Manager at Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 11, 2009
Thank you so much for your wonderful views of our hotel! There is nothing more satisfying than to know we have impressed our guests when they visit for the first time.
We hope to see you often!
Thanks again,
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

So I have been staying here multiple times for work. I had always been booked in a King Two room Suite prior, and that is what my previous review was based off. I show up tonight to a Queen suite....

aaahheemm...if you put a couch and a mini fridge in a room...a suite it does not make.

so really this is a regular room with a mini fridge and microwave, add in some really crappy bedding...and shazam...you have a suite....I THINK NOT> I will never stay here again if I am ever booked in this room type again....in fact I am searching for rooms as I type. As I do not want to stay for six nights in this room.

The pillows are different (no duvet, no feather pillows), the bedding is different...and borderlines on gross 80's/90's style comforter.....do not stay here if the queen "suite" is your only option. you might as well stay at a comfort inn/holiday inn.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on our one room queen suites. When we built and designed this hotel we tried to think of everything that would make a guest's stay comfortable, pleasurable and most of all an "I Just Have To Stay Here Again" experience. Hearing directly from our guests is the best way to measure our success. I apologize the bedding in the one room suites is not to your liking but I am happy to say that we are upgrading the bedding in those rooms within the next year. We appreciate your thoughts.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

Great place! Comfortable, clean rooms, friendly service, great pool area for kids, and beautiful grounds. My 8-year-old son loved the pool area. Convenient location to other Sioux Falls attractions. Carino's Italian restaurant is attached to the hotel.. Great meal! We will stay here.. and dine here.. again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
I would like to personally thank you for the great testimonial about our hotel! Our mission is to make each guest feel at home while staying with us and I am excited to see that we achieved that goal. We are very proud of our relationship with Carino's Italian restaurant and that you enjoyed your meal.
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

Recently stayed here for business and loved it. Friendly staff, beautiful grounds and nicely appointed rooms. The breakfast was more than sufficient. I will definitely stay here on my next trip to Sioux Falls.

Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments concernng your past stay with us. I am very proud of my staff and agree that they truly represent what customer service is all about. I am thrilled to see that you will stay with us again in the future.
We appreciate your friendshp and business!
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

Sioux falls Clubhouse hotel Sioux Falls SD

Excellent Hotel...tops in all areas!

This hotel is kept top notch by a friendly staff at the front desk headed by Steve and Bill. Wonderful condition of the property from the outside- inside. It sits on the river bank in the heart of the best section of the city...Empire Mall and shops steps away. The pastoral setting of the the rear of the hotel on the river with the bike paths and upscale free bikes add to the enjoyment of the large rooms and great decor kept in squeaky clean like new condition. The high ceilings in the huge lobby give this hotel a throwback to the time when lobbys were gathering places. Very nice library off the lobby. The lobby rear and fireplace overlook the river and make for an excellent breakfast included with the room charge. Hot waffles and sausage biscuits plus fresh fruits and juices, plenty of cereals, yogurt, etc give you a big breakfast feel.

The "waterpark" in the pool area is terrific as well.

Perfect stay. Thanks. 6-27-09

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
clubsf, General Manager at Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 13, 2009
I wanted to personally thank you for your gracious comments you have shared concerning your past stay with us! We strive to make each traveler's stay comfortable, pleasurable and most of all an " I just have to stay here again" experience. With that concept also comes a commitment to providing a level of service which exceeds our guests' expectations. I do believe my staff understands this concept 100% and it is very refreshing to see the relationships they have created with our guests.
Thank you again for your kind words.
I do hope you had a wonderful visit while in Sioux Falls and I am glad your stay with us was part of that experience.
We appreciate your friendship and business!
Val Carman, General Manager

Been to Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!