“Favorite hotel on cross country drive” 5 of 5 stars

Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2320 South Louise Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57106   |
Ranked #4 of 49 hotels in Sioux Falls
California, United States
“Favorite hotel on cross country drive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This was such an unexpectedly nice find! I was driving across the country with my dog and found most dog friendly hotels to be fairly disappointing. They tended to be dirty and loud. This hotel was the opposite! It is clean, quiet and super well maintained. The staff are friendly and accommodating. They gave me a treat for my dog and a poop clean-up bag when we checked in. They also did not charge for the dog.

The attached restaurant (an Italian place) was good and delivered to the room so I wasn't stuck leaving the dog alone. In addition, there's a great coffee shop right across the parking lot.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
clubsf, General Manager at Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
I wanted to personally thank you for such wonderful comments on your recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear that being dog friendly made your trip with your special friend that much more comfortable and enjoyable. Our company takes great pride in being pet friendly for those fortunate enough to travel with their pets.
We are truly blessed to have such a great restaurant and specialty coffee shop right in our parking lot for all guests to enjoy. Our goal is to provide a comfortable and pleasurable stay for everyone and I am thrilled that you had a great stay with us. We welcome you back very soon!

209 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We recently got the King suite for my wife's birthday and it was fantastic. We live in town, so we just used the pool and the fire pit area at night. The continental breakfast was great, probably one of the best I have ever had. The pool is built for kids with a max depth of 3ft. If you are looking for a lap pool then it is probably not for you. My one complaint was probably the bed as we thought it was a little hard. The fire pit and S'mores definitely made the night!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
clubsf, General Manager at Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
I am thrilled to see that you and your wife had a great Birthday celebration for her during your recent stay with us and that you were able to enjoy the fire pits and have a little breakfast as well while here. I apologize our beds were not to your liking but I am thrilled to know that you had a nice stay with us~
We hope to see you back very soon!!
Bryant
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stay one night--used the pool which is mostly for young children, not made for swimming laps. The continental breakfast was the best I've ever seen at a hotel. The room was very sufficient. The price was OK. We were satisfied over all and thought the breakfast was great. We were in town for a cancer run/walk so they let us check out an hour late which we appreciated as well.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
clubsf, General Manager at Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your past experience while staying with us! We appreciate hearing from our guests to see how we are doing....I am sorry if our water play land wasn't suitable for you, but I am very glad that you enjoyed our extensive complimentary contl breakfast. I hope you had a nice visit while in Sioux Falls and I am glad we were a part of it.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us~ We hope to see you back very soon!
Hopkins, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Spent 2 nights here at the clubhouse. A wonderful, clean building with beautiful interior decorating...the staff at the front desk were beyond kind, helpful and pleasant. Fresh cookies and a free local paper. Doesn't get much better. This area is a joy to visit.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
clubsf, General Manager at Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
I would like to personally thank you for such a wonderful comment on your recent stay with us. We strive to provide a comfortable and relaxing stay and I am thrilled to see that you feel we have achieved that with your stay. Our cookies are quite popular with everyone so I am glad to know you were able to enjoy some!!
thank you for choosing to stay with us~
we hope to see you back very soon
Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I have traveled the world and for the price of this hotel it is not worth the value. Advertise a pool, 3 feet to 1 feet! It's not a water park. Location is excellent being near the interstate. This is an upscale hotel for Sioux Falls, but then it's only SF and not a large metro system that it seems to think its price justifies.

• Stayed April 2014
clubsf, General Manager at Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
I would like to personally thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us! Hearing directly from our guests helps us determine we are providing the service and comfort we strive for! I am sorry our indoor water play land was not to your liking. It is most enjoyable for the younger children and may not work well for everyone. Thank you for sharing your concerns=please know we take all suggestions very seriously. I do hope you had a pleasant and comfortable stay and that we will see you back again!
Val Carman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Nice hotel. Seems a little out of date for how high it is rated. Rooms were nice but could use a little taste with the decorating and Bedding. Rooms were mostly clean. This hotel is going to start and show it's wear soon. Location is Probubly the best asset for this hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
clubsf, General Manager at Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
I would like to thank you personally for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us. Hearing from our guests is very helpful in determining any areas of concern. I do agree that in time, our hotel is starting to show it's age. I am very happy to let you know that in 2013 we started to upgrade both in the public areas and in our guest rooms. 2014 will be a continous work in progress. We will be doing new bedding packages/new lamps and new flooring in the rooms with many other projects set up for the public areas as well.
Thank you again for your ideas and thoughts-I am excited for you to see the changes coming soon! We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you back soon.
Val Carman
south dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed at The Clubhouse this past weekend--Feb 15. We have stayed here many times before and have ALWAYS enjoyed it! This time we had a reservation for a King Suite and to our Surprise--we were UPGRADED to the Presidential Suite!!! What a WONDERFUL Surprise--the suite was Gorgeous with 2 floors--a full size kitchen dining room and a Beautiful Living area with gas fireplace--HUGE living area and upstairs was the Master bedroom/bath with jacuzzi. There was also a bathroom downstairs--Needless to say we NEVER left this piece of paradise--and to top it off had a wonderful evening meal from Johnny Carinos brought to our room!! This was truly a weekend we will NEVER forget--Thank you again for the surprise!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
clubsf, General Manager at Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful comments concerning your past stay with us. It is truly rewarding when we are able to show our appreciation by upgrading those that choose to stay so often with us~It is thrilling to see how much you enjoyed your stay in the Presidential Suite. Please know we appreciate your friendship and your business and hope to see you back very soon!!
Take care-
Val Carman, General Manager

Been to Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!