“#1 in Sioux Falls” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Aberdeen, South Dakota
“#1 in Sioux Falls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

We stay here just about every time when in Sioux Falls, the property is awesome. Great rooms, great location & access, great service. Nice breakfast area with a decent breakfast (could use some more hot food like fresh scrambled eggs, etc.) and Johnny Carino's Italian Restaurant is attached which is really convenient however other good eating places nearby. Also next door is a great coffee house and wine shop that is a very relaxing place to hang out. One reason we really like this place is the complimentary area shuttle service which we use to take us to area wine tastings, nightclubs and restaurants without worrying about driving. Travis is usually our driver and he does a great job! Hotel is well built as rooms are very quiet, you don't hear anyone above or beside you and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. Pool area, exercise room are good and fire pit outside is a really nice feature (not used in the cold, harsh winters!). We are typically Hilton people, but in Sioux Falls the ClubHouse is always our #1 destination!

Room Tip: If you can get a king suite grab it, they are awesome rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
clubsf, General Manager at Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
I would like to personally thank you so much for sharing your wonderful comments about out hotel. Our goal is provide each and every guest with an enjoyable and comfortable stay~knowing we are achieving that goal is most rewarding. I specifically want to thank you for the nice mention of my driver, Travis. I agree that he truly represents what customer service is all about. I will share your comments with him, he will be thrilled!!
We are so pleased that you choose to stay with us and hope to see you back very soon!
Val Carman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Visited this hotel for 5 nights for business. I was really impressed by the styling of the hotel and quietness of the rooms. The free shuttle was prompt and friendly. Evening have fresh baked cookies waiting after our meetings. Breakfast area can get busy in the morning but everyone is very friendly. Would have liked to see more protein options but the variety was good-including waffles, biscuits/gravy, fruit, muffins, etc. The only think I thought was awful was the coffee! Couldn't drink it-and I am not super picky. Used the gym which was super tiny with treadmill, elliptical and weights. Enough to at least get a workout in without going outside in the cold. Rooms were huge, very quiet. Bed was very comfortable. The only issue in the bedroom was the clock took me 30min to figure out how to change it. Very weird setup and the iPod dock didn't work. All small issues. Overall, I would stay at this hotel again in a heart beat. Everyone was friendly and accommodating with anything I needed. Free shuttle was used a lot by others in our group and were fantastic and always willing to pickup and shuttle around. I stay at a lot of hotels around the world. THis one in little Sioux Falls is top notch!!

Room Tip: Got room at end of the hallway and next to the stairs so didn't have to wait for the elevator an...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on your recent stay with us. 5 nights is a long time to stay in a hotel and it is very awarding to see that your stay was comfortable and that you were able to enjoy everything we have to offer. I apologize for the confusion of the alarm clok and ipod dock. Thank you for bringing those items to my attention for me to investigate further.
I am thrilled to see that you would choose to stay with us again~we look forward to welcoming you back
Sturgis, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

My family and I have stayed at this hotel before and continue to come back for the great customer service, clean rooms, great pool for the kids, good free breakfast and great location in Sioux Falls. Stayed over Thanksgiving weekend and again the best experience. Kiddos and keep up the great job!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
clubsf, General Manager at Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for such a wonderful review with your past stays with us! Our goal is to provide the best service to our guests and there is nothing more rewarding than to know we have you as a loyal customer. Thank you so much for letting us and others know how much you enjoy staying with us~we truly appreicate your friendship and your business.
We hope to see you back very soon.
Aberdeen, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Reservations were made over the phone by a very polite professional and sent me my confirmation information to me by email as I requested. Check-in was quick and smooth when I arrived. The room was clean and comfortable. I will stay again when in Sioux Falls. Thank you to everyone that made our stay uneventful and peaceful.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the first floor walkout rooms, easy in, easy out.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
clubsf, General Manager at Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us~Our goal is to provide a comfortable and relaxing stay so it is very rewarding to know we provided you with that. I am also glad to know that you enjoyed the convenience of the walk out rooms on the 1st fl.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us-we hope to see you back very soon!
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

My first stay at the ClubHouse was very successful. It's a comfortable, lovely facility. There are certainly surrounding hotels that are less expensive but I was looking for a stay that would be more upscale and this filled the bill. The staff was helpful. The room was set-up well for working. The shower head wasn't quite as nice as the rest of the facility but it worked. The hotel is connected to a restaurant and being able to walk down an indoor corridor was very nice on a snowy evening.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
clubsf, General Manager at Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your past experience with us! Our goal is to provide each guest with a comfortable and pleasurable stay. Hearing directly from our guests let's us know if we are accomplishing that goal. I am very happy to inform you that we are in the process now of replacing the shower heads in all rooms. Thank you for sharing your suggestions. I am glad you were able to experience Carinos Italian restaurant adjacent to the hotel.
I invite you to stay with us again on your next visit to Sioux Falls.
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

OK, this is not a five-star property or resort, so why am I giving it five stars? Because the staff are warm and human and really will take care of you during your stay. Mine was for a month, and sometimes I was so conversation starved, I'd go to the front desk and strike up a conversation, and they always obliged. They care about you. The rooms are satisfactory, and the grounds nice to walk on. Breakfast is a real feast every morning, with much variety and wonderful pastries and doughnuts. I didn't much care for the fact that the hotel allows guests to bring pets, but noticed no dog hair or pet noise. Coffea, the shop across the parking lot, is excellent, and so is Carino's, the next-door Italian eatery.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
I want to personally thank you so much for your wonderful comments about the staff. I agree that my staff is wonderful and truly represents what customer service is all about. I am very proud to have them on my team. I will share your comments-they will be thrilled!! A month is a very long time to stay in any hotel so it is rewarding to see that you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay. I hope we see you back very soon!!
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Pros -
Newer. Nicely appointed rooms. Very clean. Good continental breakfast. Very friendly staff. Pool area perfect for smaller children (not so much for older children as far as the size of the water slides). Hotel is close to shopping and has a wine tasting/coffee place right across the parking lot. It's also attached to an Italian restaurant. Another huge plus - with our room on the first floor, we had a door that exited right to the parking lot in addition to the interior/hall door. That was very helpful for loading/unloading.

Cons - We had a two-room suite with a king bed in one room and a pull-out couch in the other. The room with the king bed and the bathroom were nice and spacious, but narrow. The room with the couch/pull-out and kitchen area - I was not a huge fan of the way the furniture was situated. It kind of seemed like the furniture was just lined up against the wall and each thing was pushed right up onto the other. Although, I don't know how else they would have put the furniture just because the two rooms are too narrow for it go any other way. When the bed was out in this room, there was maybe a foot and a half between the end of the bed and the TV and you had to turn sideways to get through. In the other room with the king bed, there was only slightly more room. If I stayed here again, I would give up the pros of having the two separate rooms and just go for one big room with two beds as the layout was distracting to an otherwise great room.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us. I am so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the outside entrance was convenient for you and your family. I would also like to thank you for your fabulous suggestions with the room set up in the suites-it is very helpful to know how well the set up accomodates families. Your suggestions will be considered.
I hope you had a nice visit while in Sioux Falls and thank you for choosing to stay with us!
Val Carman

Been to Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!