“what a gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Sioux Center, Iowa, United States
“what a gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

that perfect get away with the small town feel but big town luxury! we love the Sioux Falls Clubhouse Hotel & Suites. clean comfortable room, yummy breakfast, fun pool/slide, gorgeous landscaping outside, great staff! and if you forget your pillow when you check out, they will even mail it back to you. seriously - Sioux Falls Clubhouse Hotel & Suites #yourock.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
clubsf, General Manager at Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Wow-thank you for the great comments!!! We strive to provide a Home away from Home experience and it is thrilling to know when we have achieved our goal. I will share your comments with the staff-they will be thrilled to see how their service has impressed you-our guest!
We are very excited to know that you will stay with us again and hope to see you back very soon.
Val Carman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We were making a trip across country with our dog and it can be challenging to find nice places to stay with a pet. The Clubhouse was a whole different class. The hotel is new, very comfortable, and the rooms are huge. Ours even had a door to a private patio. The hotel is close to the freeway, but quiet, and backs onto the bike trail--a perfect place to walk your dog. A really terrific place and the staff was wonderful, too!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience from your past stay with us-I am thrilled our hotel was a good choice for you and your dog. I do hope you were able to enjoy the back yard area-it is a perfect spot to relax and enjoy the quiet-right in the middle of the city!! We are proud to accept pets at our hotel-and hope to see you back very soon!!
Val Carman
Beatrice, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had to make another trip to Sioux Falls this month and was so happy we could stay here. We were very pleased with our stay. No complaints at all. The staff was friendly and helpful. Mel, who works at the front desk was so great when I was making reservations. We were in town for a funeral and they even upgraded our room at no extra charge. Breakfast was great too!

• Stayed October 2013
clubsf, General Manager at Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on your recent stay with us! I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. I am especially happy to know that the staff provided you with great service. Thank you for the mention of Mel. I agree that she is terrific and truly represents what customer service is all about. I will share your comments-she will be thrilled!!
Thank you for choosing to stay with us~we hope to see you back soon!
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I had to find a temporary place to stay while waiting to close on my house - about 2 long weeks! The hotel is right next to the parks and the bike trail. Its close to many shopping and restaurants. My room was directly across the hall from the indoor swimming pool and small slides, etc. It was great for my kids to keep them busy for about an hour after school daily. They were very accommodating and I had a great stay. They also put us with an outside door so that I could take my dog out for bathroom breaks. They could improve on their breakfast selections though.

Room Tip: If you are looking for long term stays - they have a deal if you stay more than 10 nights, you get t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
I would like to personally thank you for sharing your views on your most recent stay with us! 2 weeks is a long time to stay in a hotel with children and a pet, so I am glad to know that we made your stay comfortable and accomodating. I appreciate knowing that you feel our breakfast items could be improved on. I welcome suggestions as we do not have a full kitchen so it can be challenging to choose a variety of items.
Thank you again for your thoughts and I hope we have opportunity to welcome you and your family back for a visit.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We had a wonderful 2-night stay here. The location is excellent: close to the interstate, near to a few different restaurants, gas stations, and a coffee shop. In addition it backs up to Skunk Creek/Big Sioux River and the Sioux Falls Bike Trail, which makes for a gorgeous view.

We traveled with 2 small dogs and the staff were very willing to work with us to get us a room situated as we desired (on a higher floor right next to the stairwell). The staff also helped us out with a late check-out on our last day which really helped us out as I'm not sure what we would have done with our dogs otherwise!

Our room was tastefully decorated and very clean. We would have preferred a room with just 1 bed but the only vacancies were rooms with 2 beds and that worked out okay for us.

A few perks of the hotel that we especially enjoyed during our trip were: free wi-fi (worked great), fitness center equipment was top-notch (Landice brand), the hot tub in the pool area was very relaxing, warm chocolate chip cookies at check-in time, and the complimentary breakfast each morning was just what we needed to start our days. The hotel offers a complimentary local shuttle to locations within a couple miles and I thought that was a great feature.

The only flaw I noticed during our entire stay was that the executive desk chair in our room was a bit worn/beat-up looking, but I am sure it gets used often and is difficult to maintain.

The per night room price was excellent. In addition to being a great, clean, friendly and accommodating hotel with many desirable amenities, the Clubhouse Inn was an EXCELLENT value. I would absolutely stay here versus anywhere else if traveling to Sioux Falls again in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Wow! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about your recent stay with us! It is truly rewarding to know just how much you enjoyed and appreciated everything we have to offer at the ClubHouse Hotel & Suites. I am glad to see that your room was satisfactory. You are correct about the desk chairs, they are used daily and worn. As of today, we have completed replacing 1/2 of the hotel and should have the remainder completed by end of year. We have gone with a new style of chair to avoid the problem with the arms scuffing along the desk area.
Thank you again for letting us know just how much you enjoyed staying with us~
we welcome you back soon!
Orland Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Drove for over 9 hours and believe me when I say I didn't want to worry about what kind of place we would stay in that night! We were not disappointed in the least! Recommended on Trip Advisor, we made our reservation and opened the door to a lovely room on the second floor. Two queen-sized beds, a reading chair, a table, etc. very much like the appointments you find at any hotel EXCEPT nicer, much nicer! If you have children they will love the pool area! The desk clerk was kind enough to give us a map and great directions to the Falls (make a point to go there) and we enjoyed a more-than-sufficient breakfast with a good, strong coffee in the morning! Anything you might need is close-by: shopping centers, restaurants, gas stations, etc. Located right off the highway, we would've stayed there on our way home had we gone that way again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your past experience while staying with us! Our goal is to provide a comfortable and pleasurable stay and I am thrilled to see that your room was comfortable for you. Our location is perfect for shopping/dining and entertainment so I hope you were able to enjoy some of Sioux Falls while here. Thank you for choosing to stay with us while traveling through-we hope to see you again soon!
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We visit Sioux Falls a couple times a year and have had good experiences at other hotels, but the Clubhouse is now our #1 choice after our recent first stay there. The rooms and common areas are very well appointed and the staff is outstanding. The location is excellent, even more so because of the attached Carino's Italian restaurant, and the Coffea Coffee Shop across the parking lot out front.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you so much for your great comments concerning your past stay with us! I am so glad to see that our hotel and the service received from the staff were to your satisfaction and that we are now your #1 choice when in Sioux Falls!!
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us~
Val Carman, General Manager

Been to Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!