“Great hotel for families with dogs!” 5 of 5 stars

Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2320 South Louise Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57106   |
Ranked #4 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
“Great hotel for families with dogs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I had to find a temporary place to stay while waiting to close on my house - about 2 long weeks! The hotel is right next to the parks and the bike trail. Its close to many shopping and restaurants. My room was directly across the hall from the indoor swimming pool and small slides, etc. It was great for my kids to keep them busy for about an hour after school daily. They were very accommodating and I had a great stay. They also put us with an outside door so that I could take my dog out for bathroom breaks. They could improve on their breakfast selections though.

Room Tip: If you are looking for long term stays - they have a deal if you stay more than 10 nights, you get t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
clubsf, General Manager at Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for sharing your views on your most recent stay with us! 2 weeks is a long time to stay in a hotel with children and a pet, so I am glad to know that we made your stay comfortable and accomodating. I appreciate knowing that you feel our breakfast items could be improved on. I welcome suggestions as we do not have a full kitchen so it can be challenging to choose a variety of items.
Thank you again for your thoughts and I hope we have opportunity to welcome you and your family back for a visit.

198 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We had a wonderful 2-night stay here. The location is excellent: close to the interstate, near to a few different restaurants, gas stations, and a coffee shop. In addition it backs up to Skunk Creek/Big Sioux River and the Sioux Falls Bike Trail, which makes for a gorgeous view.

We traveled with 2 small dogs and the staff were very willing to work with us to get us a room situated as we desired (on a higher floor right next to the stairwell). The staff also helped us out with a late check-out on our last day which really helped us out as I'm not sure what we would have done with our dogs otherwise!

Our room was tastefully decorated and very clean. We would have preferred a room with just 1 bed but the only vacancies were rooms with 2 beds and that worked out okay for us.

A few perks of the hotel that we especially enjoyed during our trip were: free wi-fi (worked great), fitness center equipment was top-notch (Landice brand), the hot tub in the pool area was very relaxing, warm chocolate chip cookies at check-in time, and the complimentary breakfast each morning was just what we needed to start our days. The hotel offers a complimentary local shuttle to locations within a couple miles and I thought that was a great feature.

The only flaw I noticed during our entire stay was that the executive desk chair in our room was a bit worn/beat-up looking, but I am sure it gets used often and is difficult to maintain.

The per night room price was excellent. In addition to being a great, clean, friendly and accommodating hotel with many desirable amenities, the Clubhouse Inn was an EXCELLENT value. I would absolutely stay here versus anywhere else if traveling to Sioux Falls again in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Wow! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about your recent stay with us! It is truly rewarding to know just how much you enjoyed and appreciated everything we have to offer at the ClubHouse Hotel & Suites. I am glad to see that your room was satisfactory. You are correct about the desk chairs, they are used daily and worn. As of today, we have completed replacing 1/2 of the hotel and should have the remainder completed by end of year. We have gone with a new style of chair to avoid the problem with the arms scuffing along the desk area.
Thank you again for letting us know just how much you enjoyed staying with us~
we welcome you back soon!
Orland Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Drove for over 9 hours and believe me when I say I didn't want to worry about what kind of place we would stay in that night! We were not disappointed in the least! Recommended on Trip Advisor, we made our reservation and opened the door to a lovely room on the second floor. Two queen-sized beds, a reading chair, a table, etc. very much like the appointments you find at any hotel EXCEPT nicer, much nicer! If you have children they will love the pool area! The desk clerk was kind enough to give us a map and great directions to the Falls (make a point to go there) and we enjoyed a more-than-sufficient breakfast with a good, strong coffee in the morning! Anything you might need is close-by: shopping centers, restaurants, gas stations, etc. Located right off the highway, we would've stayed there on our way home had we gone that way again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your past experience while staying with us! Our goal is to provide a comfortable and pleasurable stay and I am thrilled to see that your room was comfortable for you. Our location is perfect for shopping/dining and entertainment so I hope you were able to enjoy some of Sioux Falls while here. Thank you for choosing to stay with us while traveling through-we hope to see you again soon!
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We visit Sioux Falls a couple times a year and have had good experiences at other hotels, but the Clubhouse is now our #1 choice after our recent first stay there. The rooms and common areas are very well appointed and the staff is outstanding. The location is excellent, even more so because of the attached Carino's Italian restaurant, and the Coffea Coffee Shop across the parking lot out front.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you so much for your great comments concerning your past stay with us! I am so glad to see that our hotel and the service received from the staff were to your satisfaction and that we are now your #1 choice when in Sioux Falls!!
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us~
Beatrice, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 nights here. We enjoyed the different breakfast options and the beds are super comfortable. We even were able to sit at a fire pit one night. We loved being on the first floor and being able to park right outside our room. My only suggestion would be to provide plastic utensils in the suites and soap in the kitchen area. We did notice a few pieces of garbage by the hot tub, that was present both times we sat in hot tub. Overall, it was a great stay and we will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience from your past stay with us. I am glad your room was comfortable and that you were able to enjoy the fire pits. I am very grateful for the suggestion of the utensils and soap in the kitchen area of the suites. It is a great idea. I am glad you choose to stay with us and we hope to see you back soon!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The Stay: We stayed for two nights in two rooms.
The Accommodations: The rooms were reasonably appointed, comfortable (ask for a room looking out the back of the hotel for something other than a strip mall view). The common area were breakfast is served was very comfortable to sit and hang out. Breakfast is reasonable standard fair you will find at Hampton Inn or Sleep Inn. The pool and hot tub were fun for the kids. Not a full "play" experience, but water slide, spray features with nice windows looking out to the back area on canal. The cardio equipment faces the pool through a window, so I could run and see the kids, a nice bonus. The area in the back of the hotel was enjoyable spot to hang out with fire pits and bikes. My daughter and I rode all around the bike trails and had a fabulous time. It was a real treat.
The Staff: Front desk staff were not very helpful. We were from out of town and looking for activities in the area. We did not get good advice for what to see, where to go, or where to eat. Staff made it feel like such questions were beyond them, even those stationed at an "assistance" station. We came somewhat late on the first day and asked about two "Yelp" suggested restaurants and inquired about chances they would still be serving. We got the "of course they will be open, Sioux Falls is a large city" story and after going on our way both said they stopped serving dinner at 9 PM on the weekend. So much for that advice! There are some casual sit down restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your past experience while a guest with us. I am glad to hear that your room was comfortable and that you were able to enjoy the pool and fitness room while here. I am sorry you felt lack of interest and help from the front desk staff. Our goal is to provide each guest with exceptional service and I apologize if we didn't live up to that standard. Please know your business is appreciated and I do hope you choose to stay with us again.
st. louis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This hotel is just weird. The light, or lack of light, in the rooms is really annoying. The first room we checked into had the handle falling off the door that exited into the parking lot. After much back and forth we were moved to another room that also had maintenance issues. The weather stripping on the threshold of the door to the parking lot was falling off. One of the closet door handles was broken off. The toilet was cobbled together with some kind of wedge between it and the wall to keep it from rocking. The fan in the bathroom is very very noisy. The room had a kitchen but the only plate was on display on top of the cabinet, nine feet high. There are no utensils, no soap to wash dishes with, I bought my own at Target. I am in agreement with the review that refers to this hotel as faux luxury. Every corner was cut to barely meet the room description online. I learned from Trip Advisor, after staying here, a better way to judge a hotel by reviews is to check the best for business reviews instead of only using the number one rating tool.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
clubsf, General Manager at Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your views on your recent stay with us! Hearing directly from our guests is very helpful to us. I am so sorry for all of the maintenance issues you experienced while here and for bringing them to my attention. I also appreciate your suggestion on the kitchenette items and will look into each item. I do hope you had a nice visit while in Sioux Falls and I am sorry if your stay with us was not part of that experience.
thank you again for your wonderful suggestions.