“Nice Accomidations; Loved the Bikes; Got Bad Resturant Advice” 3 of 5 stars

Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2320 South Louise Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57106   |
Ranked #4 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
New York City, New York
“Nice Accomidations; Loved the Bikes; Got Bad Resturant Advice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The Stay: We stayed for two nights in two rooms.
The Accommodations: The rooms were reasonably appointed, comfortable (ask for a room looking out the back of the hotel for something other than a strip mall view). The common area were breakfast is served was very comfortable to sit and hang out. Breakfast is reasonable standard fair you will find at Hampton Inn or Sleep Inn. The pool and hot tub were fun for the kids. Not a full "play" experience, but water slide, spray features with nice windows looking out to the back area on canal. The cardio equipment faces the pool through a window, so I could run and see the kids, a nice bonus. The area in the back of the hotel was enjoyable spot to hang out with fire pits and bikes. My daughter and I rode all around the bike trails and had a fabulous time. It was a real treat.
The Staff: Front desk staff were not very helpful. We were from out of town and looking for activities in the area. We did not get good advice for what to see, where to go, or where to eat. Staff made it feel like such questions were beyond them, even those stationed at an "assistance" station. We came somewhat late on the first day and asked about two "Yelp" suggested restaurants and inquired about chances they would still be serving. We got the "of course they will be open, Sioux Falls is a large city" story and after going on our way both said they stopped serving dinner at 9 PM on the weekend. So much for that advice! There are some casual sit down restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
clubsf, General Manager at Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your past experience while a guest with us. I am glad to hear that your room was comfortable and that you were able to enjoy the pool and fitness room while here. I am sorry you felt lack of interest and help from the front desk staff. Our goal is to provide each guest with exceptional service and I apologize if we didn't live up to that standard. Please know your business is appreciated and I do hope you choose to stay with us again.

200 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
st. louis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This hotel is just weird. The light, or lack of light, in the rooms is really annoying. The first room we checked into had the handle falling off the door that exited into the parking lot. After much back and forth we were moved to another room that also had maintenance issues. The weather stripping on the threshold of the door to the parking lot was falling off. One of the closet door handles was broken off. The toilet was cobbled together with some kind of wedge between it and the wall to keep it from rocking. The fan in the bathroom is very very noisy. The room had a kitchen but the only plate was on display on top of the cabinet, nine feet high. There are no utensils, no soap to wash dishes with, I bought my own at Target. I am in agreement with the review that refers to this hotel as faux luxury. Every corner was cut to barely meet the room description online. I learned from Trip Advisor, after staying here, a better way to judge a hotel by reviews is to check the best for business reviews instead of only using the number one rating tool.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
clubsf, General Manager at Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your views on your recent stay with us! Hearing directly from our guests is very helpful to us. I am so sorry for all of the maintenance issues you experienced while here and for bringing them to my attention. I also appreciate your suggestion on the kitchenette items and will look into each item. I do hope you had a nice visit while in Sioux Falls and I am sorry if your stay with us was not part of that experience.
thank you again for your wonderful suggestions.
Prescott, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is a very comfortable, spacious, well appointed hotel with very friendly, accomodating staff. Only reason I don't give 5 stars is the price is a little steep for the area. Also, the beds were a little too firm. We also stayed at another hotel in the same area for considerably less but with same amenities and more comfortable beds. All in all, very good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for sharing your views on your recent stay with us! Our goal is to provide each guest with a comfortable stay and hearing directly from our guests let's us know if we are accomplishing our goals. I am so sorry the beds were not to your liking and thank you for making me aware.
I hope you had a nice visit while in Sioux Falls and hope to see you again very soon!
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I can't say enough about this hotel. We traveled for two weeks and this was by far one of the nicest hotels we stayed in. Excellent staff, all were extremely friendly. Excellent clean room with very comfortable bed. Excellent landscaping around hotel with many outdoor places to sit and enjoy. Excellent complimentary breakfast. And reasonable rates. Carinos Restaurant is attached to the hotel through a walkway inside.
Easy access from interstate.
I highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: if you like ground floor rooms - you can access the parking lot from the "back door" in yo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and how the staff impressed you with their customer service. Our goal is to provide each and every guest with a comortable and pleasurable stay and it is great to know when we have achieved that.
thank you for sharing your views for everyone and thank you for choosing to stay with us!
Hopefully we see you back very soon.
Long Beach, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed at this lovely hotel last weekend on my first ever trip to South Dakota. From the chauffeured stretch Suburban (ready to take us where we needed), to the lovely complimentary breakfast (in the dining area with breathtakingly beautiful views and a huge fireplace), or the well-appointed room (complete with microwave and fridge) I was pleasantly surprised by the facility and would stay there again in a heartbeat. The front desk staff (Nicole) and drivers (Chris, Kelly, Travis, Aaron and Judy (?) were tremendously helpful and courteous and I always felt welcome. The only improvements I would make are: 1) Bathroom lighting (horrible), 2) quieter exhaust fan (this one sounded like a jet engine), and 3) Better pillows (maybe you can put a mixture of soft and firm on the bed so guests can choose their ideal combination.) The way I see it, since those are my only "issues" I'll stay here whenever I find myself in Sioux Falls -- that's a promise!

Room Tip: Odd hint (but it does make a difference): The configuration of the rooms is such that, although it i...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
I would like to personally thank you for your wonderful comments on your recent stay with us! I am glad to see you were able to enjoy the complimentary shuttle and that the staff made such a good impression. I do agree that they truly represent what customer service is all about. I am very fortunate to have such a wonderful team. I would also like to thank you for your suggestions on the lighting/exhaust fan and pillow selection. I will check into each of these issues.
I am thrilled to see that you will choose to stay with us again when in Sioux Falls-we hope to see you very soon !!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is a great place to stay in Sioux Falls. It is new/renovated, visually appealing, spacious, clean, and comfortable. There are many restaurants in walking distance including an Italian restaurant attached. The meeting space was more than sufficient, and the breakfast was very good. I will stay here next time I am in Sioux Falls!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us-I am glad to see that we provided you with a comfortable stay and that our location made it convenient for dining out. I do hope your meetings here went well and we look forward to serving you again very soon!
Hinton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We spent the weekend in Sioux Falls in early September and it was one of the best hotels we have stayed at. The property is very nice, clean and in a great location. The staff are extremely professional and very friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and it was very quiet and comfortable. We were able to relax and unwind which was the whole point of our weekend get away. We will most definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful comments on your recent stay with us. I am pleased to know how much you enjoyed your visit and that you had a relaxing stay. Thank you for the nice mention of the staff-they will be thrilled to see that they made an impression with you with their friendliness.
thank you again and we welcome you back very soon !!
Val Carman, General Manager

Been to Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!