“Thought It Would Be Better” 3 of 5 stars

Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2320 South Louise Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57106   |
Ranked #2 of 49 hotels in Sioux Falls
Mountain Lake, Minnesota
“Thought It Would Be Better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the club house on the 24th of August. My husband had stayed there before on business and we had heard from friend that it was fabulous. While our one room suite had wonderful space, it wasn't the cleanest hotel I've ever stayed in. The bedroom floor had not been vacuumed recently and a previous occupant had spilled powder on the bathroom door and no one thought to wipe it off or clean it up. The headboard above the bed had not been dusted in many weeks as the wood was grey instead of brown. Because of the way that the room is configured, the desk chair was wedged in an alcove so that every time you wanted to swivel and move around, the arms of the chair would hit the desk and cut up the arms of the chair. It was a very comfortable chair but look old and abused. The bed was comfortable and the blackout shades worked well. We enjoyed being able to go to the attached restaurant for dinner without having to walk outside. For winter get-aways this is a great feature but I will think twice before returning because I want a room that is clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
clubsf, General Manager at Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for sharing your past experience with us. Our goal is to provide each and every guest with a comfortable and pleasurable stay and hearing directly from our guests let's us know if we are achieving our goal. I am so sorry to hear of the cleanliness issue with your room on your most recent stay. I take full responsbility and have shared your comments with the staff. Please accept my apology-I do hope you had a pleasant visit while in Sioux Falls and I am sorry that your stay with us was not a part of that experience. I do hope you give us another opportunity and choose to stay with us again.

181 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
becker, minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at clubhouse hotel on a few occasions so I thought for our 8th wedding anniversary why not stay here. I booked the date night package because you got a gift card to this great steakhouse called Foley's which is a few blocks away. When we went to check in they had told us that they upgraded our room for us and that the woman at the front desk said she needed to give us directions on how to run a few things in the room. All I could say to my husband when we opened the door to our room was holy s@?$! This was the hotels finest suite that normally costs $550 a night and we were in it for the night! They also provided transportation for us to and from dinner and would take us anywhere in Sioux Falls that we wanted to go. Each time that we have stayed here we have always had exceptional service and this time was no different! The breakfast in the morning is outstanding and there is something for everyone. All of the employees are wonderful and friendly! If you are ever passing through Sioux Falls make it a point to check to see if they have any rooms, you will not be disappointed!!!

Room Tip: Every room is a good room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
clubsf, General Manager at Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on your recent stay with us. It is thrilling to know when we have provided an unforgettable experience. I am happy you were able to experience our suite-I do hope it made your anniversary even more special!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we look forward to seeing you back very soon!
Manitoba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is the second occasion we had the pleasure of staying at the Clubhouse Hotel. The experience remains consistent and the quality of service superb. They certainly earn their high ranking on trip advisor. The hotel is easy to find, the front desk is cordial, efficient and helpful. The bedding is comfortable and the beds are wonderful. The property is maintained spotlessly clean.

The complimentary breakfast is adequate for most and a sufficient start to the day.

Although they do not have a restaurant of their own, there is an associate attached to the property which I will mention in another review. The restaurant is delightful in its own right.

Keep in mind this is a very popular property, I recommend planning your travel in advance and making reservations. They do book out fully; especially on weekends in the summer. I know from experience as I was disappointed in not being able to book a room even a week in advance.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your past stays with us! Our goal is to provide each guest with an "I Just Have to Stay Here Again" experience and it is thrilling to see that you choose to stay with us while in Sioux Falls. I am glad to see that you also enjoyed Carinos Italian Restaurant-we have a wonderful relationship with them and I agree, their food and service is wonderful.
We look forward to seeing you back very soon!
Saint Charles, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

The basics are fine-clean, quiet, bed is fine and price is reasonable. But I find this hotel irritating. The bathroom lights are compact fluorescents that take several minutes to come to full brightness. Meanwhile, the fan is so loud I feel like I am in a dark airplane hanger. I went down to the workout room and the machine I wanted to use was next to the air conditioner that could not be turned off so it gave a cold wind on my head and shoulders. Once I started exercising it turned out the machine was broken so I had to quit. I then went for a walk on the nice bike/walking trail behind the hotel but there is no path to it so after walking in the tall grass my feet were soaking wet from the dew.

Nothing terrible-just bothersome

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay with us. Our goal is to provide a comfortable and pleasurable stay for everyone and I am sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations during your visit. I would like to thank you for making me aware and I will investigate each issue you experienced. I do hope you had a nice visit while in Sioux Falls and we hope to see you again!
thankfulmomof3
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was the first hotel of four that we were going to be staying in on our trip to the Black Hills. They currently only have six of these properties, none in Iowa where I live, but based on the reviews from Trip Advisor, I felt like this property was going to be the best value and fit for our family of four and I couldn't have been more right! This property is GORGEOUS, easy to find, secure, well-lit at night and quiet!! The room was perfect for us as it had two queen size beds in it and a pull-out sofa. There was also a very nice work desk, flat screen television and large bathroom. This property also had several packages available that coincided with either the zoo or the Wild West Water Park for those families that were interested and they seemed to be a good value as well. However because this was just a one night stop over after
driving for six hours, I opted not to do either one of those packages. However one neat thing that they do offer is a S'Mores kit that you can purchase for $8. The kit feeds four people (two s'mores a piece) and you get everything you need to make the s'mores over one of the fire pits on their outdoor patio. You just tell them when you are ready and then they come and get everything set up for you! My kids had a BLAST with this, as did I. Another neat option that we did not have time to take advantage of was the bicycle rentals that were available for use on the bike trail behind the hotel. The trail looks beautiful! I do not know if there was a fee to rent the bikes or not. The pool was also phenomenal, as it had a water slide and splash pad area and at it's deepest it was only 4ft which was perfect for my kids (even my 13 year old) who are not strong swimmers. They had so much fun and the hot tub was also great, both very clean and both great temperatures! The beds were wonderfully comfortable and the rooms were gloriously sound proof!
The breakfast was great, waffles, muffins, donuts, fresh fruit, cereal, granola bars, Special K bars, a variety of drinks and great coffee! You could either eat inside or outside on the patio! All of the staff from the front desk people to the breakfast ladies were just great! I could not be more pleased and I look forward to when our family has the pleasure of staying at one of these properties again!

• Stayed August 2013
I would like to personally thank you for such wonderful comments on the hotel and the staff. We are so pleased that your overnight stay was so comfortable and pleasing for you and your family. Our goal is to offer packages and fun things to do for all ages. I am thrilled to see that you look forward to staying with us again and maybe you will have opportunity to enjoy the bikes on the trails. They are complimentary for our guests.
Thank you again for your wonderful comments-we look forward to seeing you very soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I loved our two night stay! They have a darling 3ft pool with two slides- hot tub and palace to make s'mores. They offer valuable packages for those who want to go to the zoo too! My room was great, it was clean and the service was nice- breakfast bar included. Great stay! Will stay there again!

• Stayed August 2013
clubsf, General Manager at Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful comments on your recent stay with us! We are thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us~and that you would choose to stay here again in the future. We welcome you back very soon!
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this delightful hotel last night and could have not asked for anything more. Lane was at the front desk and took great care of us. We even met Lane later in the evening going down one of the hallways and inquired about how our room was and if it met our dogs needs. We had a patio room and it was perfect. The bed slept great, had a great wide screen tv, bathroom was decent size. No refrig or microwave but didn't need one. Had a coffeemaker and thats all we needed.
My husband who never remarks about any hotels we stay in, told me we had to let this hotel know how wonderful and clean our room was. Even with an exterior door, we felt safe.
I walked by the pool and excerise area and even though we didn't use either one, they looked inviting. The breakfast was very good, mostly the same as other hotels however this one also had breakfast sandwiches. Which I enjoyed.
We will recommend this place to all. To all who works at this hotel, give each other a pat on the back for a job well done.

• Stayed September 2012
We would like to personally thank you for such wonderful comments on your recent stay with us. Our goal is to provide each guest with a comfortable and pleasurable stay and it is great when we hear that we have achieved our goal! I also would like to thank you for the mention of Lane, I agree he truly represents what customer service is about. I will share your comments with Lane and the staff-they will be thrilled to see your review!!
I am glad to know that your stay with us was so enjoyable and we truly appreciate your comments.
Thank you and we hope to see you back very soon!
Val Carman

Been to Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!