“Large, clean rooms, free breakfast and shuttle rides” 4 of 5 stars

Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2320 South Louise Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57106   |
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
New York
“Large, clean rooms, free breakfast and shuttle rides”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Stayed here for one night in February 2012. Overall I thought it was a great hotel and consistent with the #1 rating in Sioux Falls.

I had a suite - a relatively large living room, with sofa, tv, sitting and kitchen areas (sink, microwave). The bedroom was spacious and clean with an ensuite bathroom. Everything was clean, of a modern decor and in good condition.

The best thing about this hotel: they have a shuttle van that will drive you around the area. It picked us up at the airport, and then the next day took us to a meeting about 30 minutes away. We made a reservation for 7:30 am and the van was waiting - just a great service and it was free. They also have a nice free breakfast in the lobby.

The only complaint I had was that my room overlooked the front of the hotel and the bright lights outside (hotel's lights) were difficult to keep out, even by pulling the drapes closed.

I used the hotel gym and it was sufficient - 3 cardio machines and a handful of dumbells. There is also an indoor pool. We ate in the Italian restaurant in the hotel - it was decent (even though every dish seemed heavy on the cream or cheese) although not anything to write home about.

I definitely would stay here again if I am ever back in Sioux Falls.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front of the hotel will have a glare from hotel's exterior lights.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
clubsf, General Manager at Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your views on your recent stay with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our goal is to provide everyone with an "I Just Have to Stay Here Again" experience and I am thrilled we provided you that experience.
thank you again for choosing to stay with us! We hope to see you again soon
Val Carman, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Boracay, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
clubsf, General Manager at Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your views concerning your past stay with us! We appreciate you choose to stay with us and look forward to seeing you very soon.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel previously and I would say my review would have been the same. Clean rooms and facility, close to many restaurants & shopping, easy to get in and out of. There is an Italian restaurant attached but we did not try it. Rates for a two queen bed suite (basically just added a fridge and microwave and a pull-out couch) were very reasonable at about $150.

Pool is small, but good for younger kids. There wasn't a strong chlorine smell, but I'm assuming it was clean. Kids enjoyed the water slide.

Downside is the breakfast area. Both times we have stayed, there never seems to be enough room for people to eat and the food area seems awkward. There was one high chair (we ate at 6 a.m. so we were lucky to get it). The other family had to eat in their room with their kids and I saw a lot of people do the same. I wish they had more small tables or something similar to a Hilton/Holiday Inn Express/etc. as they hardly ever seem to be out of room. Maybe we just hit two busy weekends.

Overall, great place and would stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
clubsf, General Manager at Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
I would like to thank you for sharing your views concerning your past stay with us. Hearing directly from our customers helps us know if we are providing the very best service. I am pleased your room was adequate and to your liking and that your kids enjoyed themselves in the pool area. I apologize the breakfast area was so crowded. We have found that on full weekends it can be very difficult to find a comfortable place to sit and enjoy breakfast. We have started setting up one of our banquet rooms also to allow groups to gather and visit while enjoying breakfast together.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us-we hope to see you again soon!
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

As stated in previous reviews, I stay in Sioux Falls 70-80 nights a year and finally got a fairly reasonable rate ($107 not the $95 mentioned by a previous reviewer) so decided to try the Clubhouse. This place is truly upscale with a plush lobby and nice touches like a reading room/library with leather furnishings. My room was well-appointed, and very comfortable with a pretty view and a great bed. the breakfast was typical but good. The staff has a ways to go in being hospitable (take some lessons from the Hampton) and making me as your guest feel welcome (try smiling). Had some issues with a late checkout (asked for 12 noon as I had a later flight). Was told my room would be used for a group coming in. I was finally granted the extra hour but didn't appreciate the difficulty I went thru to get it. That seemed petty. This is a fine hotel (probably the nicest I've stayed at in SF) but needs to improve in some key areas before I would be a regular guest. It's about the total experience.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
clubsf, General Manager at Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your past experience with us-Hearing directly from our quests is very helpful in knowing if we are providing our guests with a comfortable and pleasurable stay. I am deeply sorry that we clearly did not provide a postive customer service request when you had requested your late out. Our goal is to accomodate all requests whenever possible and without hesitation. We clearly did not live up to either of our standards with your request. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I do hope you will choose to stay with us again! I look forward to providing you the service you deserve!
Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

I stay here whenever I'm in town for business, which is about once a month. Very clean, modern accommodations and beautifully decorated. Rates are very reasonable and staff are always very professional and friendly. Pool has a small slide and isn't deep (good for families with small children). This also comes with free passes to a nearby wellness center (great place to exercise, by the way) Breakfast offerings is standard (waffle machine, fruit, cereal, toast, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, etc), but this hotel is in a very convenient location nearby many restaurants, coffee shops and shopping. Another nice touch is the freshly baked chocolate chip cookies at the front desk in the evenings. :) Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
clubsf, General Manager at Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our hotel. There is nothing more satisfying than to know our service keeps you coming back! We truly appreciate your friendship and business
Watertown, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this new hotel and enjoyed it very much. Very nice accommodations and great location.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
clubsf, General Manager at Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful comments concerning your past stay with us.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again very soon!
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

All our family (except us) lives in Sioux Falls, and we go to visit at least twice a year. We always stay at the Clubhouse, and every visit has been fantastic. The hotel is very accomodating. We always stay in a 2-room king suite, which is the perfect size. The prices are a little steeper than most other hotels in the area, but you get what you pay for. The beds are comfortable, and our son loves the "couch bed." The cousins all get together poolside to enjoy the waterslides, and everyone has a great time. The pool is a bit smaller but makes up for its size in the activities it offers with a small waterslide and waterfall feature for the younger kids in a shallow area. There is a nicely sized hot tub for the adults. The breakfast is fine, but we are from the area so tend to go out to our favorites restaurants while we're in town. Don't hesitate to stay at the Clubhouse Hotel and Suites whenever you're in Sioux Falls ~ we're looking forward to our next visit for Thanksgiving in a few days!

Room Tip: We've always had a great experience with the 2-room king suites.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
clubsf, General Manager at Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments from your past stays with us-I am thrilled to hear that we are always a part of your visit while in Sioux Falls. Thank you for choosing to stay with us-we truly appreciate your friendship and your business!!
We look forward to your upcoming visit over the holiday weekend.
Val Carman, General Manager

Been to Sioux Falls ClubHouse Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!