“It's good but it's missing Alfredo sauce.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #135 of 305 Restaurants in Sioux Falls
Cuisines: Italian, Japanese, Noodle
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
“It's good but it's missing Alfredo sauce.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

If it had Alfredo sauce it would be amazing. Eaten here twice and seems to be a great place as it's always busy.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

South Dakota
“Not all that impressed or disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I had the pasta fresca with an added parmesan chicken breast. My wife had spaghetti and meatballs. My kid had butter noodles. Total was a little less than $25. The pasta fresca was edible but the vinegar taste was a little strong. It has balsamic vinegar in it. It did have lots of fresh ingredients like spinach and tomatoes. The spaghetti and meatballs was good. You get a generous number of meatballs. The sauce had chunks of tomatoes and onion. I like it like that. I didn't hear any complaints about the butter noodles and she ate about 1/2 of it. The thing I was most disappointed in was the parmesan chicken breast I paid extra for. It was about 1/8" thick and was dry. I don't remember how much extra it was but it wasn't worth it. I was a little disappointed they didn't have a "create your own" option. I've been to restaurants where you pick your pasta, sauce, meat, veggies...it was awesome. I thought the pasta entree options were very limited. Overall, it was ok but I don't think we'll go out of our way to go there again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Great Pasta, Good Value, Amazing Tomato Soup! (avoid the meat though!)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Since their opening last week, we've visited twice. Once to dine in and once to take out. (Actually, we went three times, but left once as it was SO slow with SUCH long lines we decided it wasn't worth it!)

We had the Mac and Cheese, which was pretty good. Kids really liked it.
I had the Penne Rosa both times. VERY good. A bit spicy, but not so much that I couldn't eat it. Filling and good. I also had the add on Tomato Soup. I'm a bit of a soup snob, especially tomato. There's a right way, and a wrong way. They do a good job! I'm happy that it doesn't taste like spaghetti sauce, as I feared it might.

My husband had the Pesto Cavatappi. It was also very good, but leave the meat off. Each thing we tried with meat, the meat was sub standard, our out right gross.
The meatballs and Spaghetti, pasta was good, sauce is very good, but the meat? YUK. Grisly and bone chunks in EVERY one of them. Several in a few.
Chicken breast in other pasta dishes were thin, dry, and simply, yuk.

The chicken noodle soup is good as well. Hearty soup.

You need to pick and choose your time to go. Seating is pretty limited, though they have a nice outdoor area you can use if there's room.
Only 1 bathroom stall per man/woman. ???? Really? Lines were long for that as well.

The only other thing, and this could bed since they are new...SLOW SLOW SLOW service.
We called in our 2nd order to take to the hospital. They said it would be 10 minutes. We waited 15 to go in, and STILL waited 20 when we got there. It was clear they hadn't even begun our order, and though we used the call ahead option, we were in the back of the food prep line.

There is a call ahead "till", but to get to it you have to walk in the exit OR walk ahead of the whole line and that just ticks EVERYONE off.

The food is good, and I'll go again, but not during the MAIN meal times of the day.
Give it a try. Just skip the meat. =)

• Visited July 2013