“New hotel with friendly staff and just a little learning curve to be perfect” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Sioux Falls Airport

Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Sterling Heights, MI
“New hotel with friendly staff and just a little learning curve to be perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I was absolutely delighted to receive an email from the hotel about two days before I checked in. It welcomed me an explained that the roads around the Sioux Falls Airport (FSD) are all new and so my GPS wouldn't be able to find it. It gave me great directions from all areas (including the airport) and was quite easy to find. The décor is modern and similar to most Fairfield Inns. It's very nice looking.

The only very minor drawbacks were that the WIFI signal was a little weak on the 4th floor (I was down at the end because I'd requested a room away from the elevator) and the breakfast was put away before I got downstairs in the morning. I thought they had said breakfast was from 6-10 and, since my flight didn't leave until after 1, I worked in my room until about 9 and moseyed down for breakfast. It was almost all put away. When I asked, the person who was cleaning the breakfast area asked what I needed and promptly got me the yogurt I requested. The coffee was still hot and the breakfast area was clean and pleasant. I'd definitely stay here again and simply ask for a room with a better WIFI connection. I'm usually the person haunting a breakfast area before it opens, so I doubt I'll ever again encounter an issue with a breakfast being put away before I get there. I bet it's the first time I waited past 7AM to get breakfast in the last 30 years of travel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I booked this hotel since I knew it was brand new. It is a very nice hotel and the staff were all great. I normally book a king bed, but needed 2 queens this time as it was a family trip. I also added a rollaway bed since the kids don't like to share a bed any more. The room was on the small side. There really is no space in the room for a rollaway bed, so be prepared for a tight squeeze once the bed is set up. It was fine for a one night stay. The bathroom was large and bright. The AC/Heat unit was fantastic and you can choose to leave the fan run constantly or have it turn on/off automatically. The location is pretty isolated as it's a new area and there is a lot of open space yet to be developed. Close to the airport, and there was some jet noise although that never bothers me.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Vienna, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Previously I had stayed at the one by the Empire Mall and they certainly were good and had the same decor after the renovation that is now part of the brand. But as a new build hotel, this takes it one step even more upscale and modern with more spacious rooms, breakfast area, and amenities.

Though only open just over a month, the staff were great and friendly, things functioning well and in order--overall a good experience with a little bit of the "new" smell still present, especially in the elevator, although I am not sure that it was a good thing!

A few minor nits to pick, and this is more about how Marriott theoretically does all of its concept and room "testing" -- but the supposed closet was ridiculously small and useless. I just can't understand how they think something that is barely 1.5 feet wide is even usable and practical. With the ironing board and iron in it, and 6 hangers, there is no way to even get your hands in there to try put anything in!! And related to that, there is a flat space beside it facing you with a chrome peg to hang things, perhaps like a coat or suit, but you can't use the hangers from the mini closet because the loop is the small type (so we presumably won't steal them and take them home!) It doesn't fit on the thicker chrome peg so unless you have dry cleaner hangars or something, the peg is useless to hang things.

The other minor annoyance is there is no foldaway suitcase stand. For one thing the closet is too small to store it, but I just used the round rolling stool to set the suitcase on. That seems like a pretty major oversight that there is no place to store your suitcase, except flat on the floor I suppose.

For the rest the bedding is comfortable, lighting and plugs adequate, bathroom is roomy and well laid out, although it would have been nicer to have the towel rack closer to the bathtub/shower instead of over the toilet on the opposite wall. You have a LOONNG reach to get one. A simple hook or two by the wall beside the back of the tub would be useful.

Right now there is hardly anything nearby and as far as location it leaves a lot to be desired, but it was convenient to our work at University Center and is very close to the airport. Getting to downtown is not difficult either. There certainly is new competition in town!

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I cannot believe this is a Fairfield!! Absoluetly a gorgeous hotel with very modern decor! Brand new hotel with some of the best customer service I have encountered without any doubt (and I have been traveling and part of the Marriott rewards for 19 years). I love the desks in the room. I will be staying here from now on and recommend this hotel to everyone I know!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is easily the nicest Fairfield Inn that I've stayed in and I've been to a lot of them. This is the newer upscale style Fairfield that has a modern look and better quality rooms. It makes you feel like your in a higher end hotel for a great price. The staff was very pleasant and helpful throughout the stay.

And the hotel was brand new.