“Worth the trip” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 324 restaurants in Sioux Falls
Cuisines: Asian, Cambodian, Chinese, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Delivery
Spirit Lake, Iowa
“Worth the trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

The food was beyond all our expectations. The pork bun was amazing as an appetizer. My wife had the Banh Chao (crepes) and I had the Kho Sach Chrouk (caramelized pork). Both were delicious with layers of flavor. I tried the egg soda and my wife the lychee drink, again both delicious. The host was friendly and outgoing and a real pleasure.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

92% Recommend
“Our favorite ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This is our favorite place to eat when in SF. We often have the seafood noodle soup, #29 with #5, a chicken, cabbage salad with mint and peanuts in a vinaigrette. We think #39 is killer and thoroughly enjoy #100.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Awesome Cambodian food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

The service here is excellent and the food is wonderful! It's a great place to stop for lunch or dinner!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jeju, South Korea
“A Rare Find, A Rare Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

In 2011, I had the opportunity to travel to Cambodia and was very impressed with the food. It is a cuisine filled with fish, meat, soups, vegetables and the essential explosive Southeast Asian flavors of lemongrass, cilantro and others. In fact, one of the best meals I've ever had was in Cambodia. After leaving Cambodia, I spent a good amount of time trying to find a restaurant that serves this newly-found-favorite cuisine. I searched in Seoul, Dallas, Austin, Houston and Chicago and had no luck finding a Cambodian restaurant.

In March of 2013, I found myself in Sioux Falls, South Dakota dropping a relative off at the airport. While driving through Sioux Falls, I spotted the sign that said "Phnom Penh Restaurant Asian Cuisine." As I had not had this delicious cuisine since I was in Cambodia two years prior, I promptly turned my car around and headed straight to the restaurant.

Entering the restaurant, I was delighted to find that the staff was, indeed, Cambodian, many of the staff members hailing from Cambodia. After a friendly chat with our server, I enthusiastically ordered and later enjoyed a truly authentic and traditional Cambodian meal. After eating, I was able to visit with the chef/owner of the restaurant. He is a very friendly man and boasts a bright smile. For a variety of reasons, he is a truly stunning individual and I wish him and his family great success with this fantastic restaurant.

For the customer who is unfamiliar with Cambodian Cuisine, I recommend Lok Lak, a kind of beef stir fry served with steamed rice, fresh cucumbers and tomatoes. Be sure to order it with a fried egg on top, as is typical in Cambodia. It is a hearty meal with sweet, sour and spicy flavors. Delicious. As an appetizer, order fresh spring rolls. They are bright, crisp and delightful. I'm confident that everything on the menu is delicious. Go crazy while ordering and share if you are with a big group.

If I am ever again in the Sioux Falls vicinity, I would go far out of my way to eat here again. The fantastic service and wonderful food are well worth it.

Thank you to the owner for a wonderful dining experience.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pipestone
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

After reading about the Restaurant in the Argus Leader newspaper, stopped there last week and tried the food. The meal I had was called Kho Sach Chrouk (I had it with pork) was excellent and the portion was so large that I could not eat it all and had to take the remainder home.
The service was excellent - fast and friendly. I would recommend this restaurant and will stop there again in the near future.

• Visited September 2013