“Lived here & liked it” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 49 hotels in Sioux Falls
Elkhart, IN
“Lived here & liked it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

My wife and I spent 15 days at Candlewood while on a business trip. The room was spacious, with plenty of desk space to set up two laptops and work at the same time. Even though we could see the Interstate outside our window, the noise never kept us awake.
The staff was very nice to deal with. They only clean the room once a week (OK with us), but you can get clean towels and other supplies from the room cleaning cart (we caught them in the hall) or from the front desk.
Obviously set up for longer stays, they have a deck out back where you can barbecue your own food.
I did have some problems with two aspects of computer support:
1. I had trouble connecting via PPTP VPN back to our office (if you don't know what this is, you probably don't need it). I called the tech support number and got someone (who knew what a VPN was), who said it should work. It suddenly began to work about an hour later. Never did get the second computer to connect, but it wasn't needed.
2. One of the computers in the Business Center sometimes had trouble printing. The computer on the right always printed, the one on the left printed the first time I used it, but not the 2nd or 3rd time. I notified the front desk after the second time (first failure), and they said they would fix it. When I went back, it was (still? again?) not printing. This was not a big deal, just took a little time to figure out and transfer my work to the other computer.

My wife wished it had a pool.

Overall, we would be delighted to stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

While on a recent six state summer vacation, we stopped for the night in Sioux Falls. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite at Candlewood. While I will admit that I've stayed at nicer places, considering that we only paid $114 (including tax) for the night, I was impressed with this place. Ma and I took the bedroom and our young son took the sofa sleeper in the living room. It also had a kitchenette, which served us well. Overall, the place was neat and clean. Even though it is essentially next to the highway, we never heard the highway noise from our room. The staff that we encountered were exceptionally nice and attentive. If we ever revisit Sioux Falls, I would definitely stay at this location, without even looking for another hotel. We were very comfortable here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

This hotel appears to either be new or newly remodeled. Clean, large suites, friendly staff. Convenient location along the interstate. Definitely a good place to stay if passing through town. Rooms cost a little more than some and no included breakfast; so something to consider.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Pierre, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Our suite had everything we needed. It was clean and spacious. The bed was perfect.

We like a continental breakfast, but prefer to stay here and bring our own food over another motel with breakfast. There is free coffee in the lobby 24 hours per day.

The staff is always very helpful and friendly.

We had a very good sleep. We think this hotel would be good for an extended stay, but we like staying there for only a night or two as we'll.

• Stayed May 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

My first time at a Candlewood and I was really impressed. We had a large room that was clean and airy. The staff were friendly and helpful. The location was right along the I29 with many restaurants nearby.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

After traveling for 2 weeks and staying at some name brand hotels where we were disappointed with their rooms, this was a spectacular room. I wanted to move in!!! I also used my reward points to reserve 2 rooms. They upgraded us to a king bed which was so comfortable. Clean and luxurious.. Such a restful nite.

• Stayed May 2014
Willmar, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Checked in with Luis who greeted me with a smile and all my paperwork in order. Recognized me as an IHG member and gave me my bonus points. My room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The property is new and crisp. I will stay here again since this property offered me everything I need in a room plus a nice work space.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Candlewood Suites Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!