“Good Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Fargo, North Dakota
“Good Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

This hotel appears to either be new or newly remodeled. Clean, large suites, friendly staff. Convenient location along the interstate. Definitely a good place to stay if passing through town. Rooms cost a little more than some and no included breakfast; so something to consider.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Pierre, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Our suite had everything we needed. It was clean and spacious. The bed was perfect.

We like a continental breakfast, but prefer to stay here and bring our own food over another motel with breakfast. There is free coffee in the lobby 24 hours per day.

The staff is always very helpful and friendly.

We had a very good sleep. We think this hotel would be good for an extended stay, but we like staying there for only a night or two as we'll.

• Stayed May 2014
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

My first time at a Candlewood and I was really impressed. We had a large room that was clean and airy. The staff were friendly and helpful. The location was right along the I29 with many restaurants nearby.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

After traveling for 2 weeks and staying at some name brand hotels where we were disappointed with their rooms, this was a spectacular room. I wanted to move in!!! I also used my reward points to reserve 2 rooms. They upgraded us to a king bed which was so comfortable. Clean and luxurious.. Such a restful nite.

• Stayed May 2014
Willmar, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Checked in with Luis who greeted me with a smile and all my paperwork in order. Recognized me as an IHG member and gave me my bonus points. My room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The property is new and crisp. I will stay here again since this property offered me everything I need in a room plus a nice work space.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Road Warrior
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Candlewood is my go to property when traveling so I have stayed in a TON of them across the country and I'd say this one ranks up there as one of the best I have encountered.

While I like Candlewood's in general, because of their amenities, to be honest most fall short of my expectations in some aspect whether it be Internet, cleanliness, value, location, etc, etc. and this is a one of the few I've stayed in, in a long time that actually met or exceeded all my expectations.

This is a newer property, it still smells new and clean, it doesn't have the typical Candlewood 'aromas' wafting through the hallways that most have after years of folks cooking smelly curried foods or burning hashbrowns.

I felt like all the items, appliances, etc in the room were a bit higher quality than most Candlwood's offer. It seems to me that most owners put the cheapest stuff in their hotels and I didn't get the impression that these owners did that with this one.

Cleanliness in the rooms and common areas was excellent. The wireless Internet was probably the best I've ever experienced at a Candlewood before, speed tests showed 14Mbps download and 10Mbps upload speeds, your lucky if you get 2Mbps downloads at most Candlewoods. Again this shows me owners who didn't choose the cheapest ISP or the slowest speeds out there, they chose a quality provider who gives you a fast and reliable connection.

Customer service was friendly and professional, someone even called my room to give me the new internet access code, in advance of it changing, rather than me have to call them to get that info, as what happens in every other hotel.

Laundry room was smaller sized with only 3 washers and 5 dryers, however, all the machines worked well and were clean, not something I can say for all Candlewoods.......and of course laundry is FREE which is always nice..!

My stay was quiet, despite the hotel sitting right along side the Interstate I never really heard much road noise inside the room or other guests for that matter. It looked to me like they put a double/extra pane of glass in the room windows, possibly to cut down on road noise, I had never seen that before in a hotel but it seemed to help.

Beds, as with all Candlewoods, are Sealy Posturepedic. From what I have seen there is little consistency in the comfort of these mattresses, some have been very plush and others hard as a rock. These here are somewhere in the middle, I generally prefer a more plush mattress but these weren't too bad either.

The only minor negative was the parking, the lot is rather small and cramped. If your towing a boat or driving a 40ft motorhome your probably going to want to find different accommodations. There is an area out back of the hotel, not really a designated spot but still a place I saw a couple of trucks that were pulling small trailers could park but there is not a whole lot of space.

Overall I had a great stay, there are a lot of nice hotels in Sioux Falls but this one suits me the best so I will return again next time I'm in town.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Huron, South Dakota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Only stayed for one night but if I had to have an extended stay in Sioux Falls, I would definitely consider staying there. The rooms were very nice and roomy and well kept. The staff, that I met, were very welcoming.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Kayla B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
We are glad to hear your enjoyed your recent stay! Thanks for the great review.

Kayla Dannenbring

Been to Candlewood Suites Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!