“as excellent as staying at Staybridge, but more quiet than staying at Staybridge” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Candlewood Suites Sioux Falls

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Yokohama, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in Candlewood Suites on 30 Aug 2013 - the long weekends of Labor Day. The hotel is located right next to Staybridge Suite, and has almost the same things (free laundry, free computer/ internet near front desk, free video rent, free ice, free fitness) that Staybridge Suite has except getting the continental breakfast in the morning. It is about $15-20 cheaper per a day than staying at Staybridge. The room we stayed has the same kitchen that we had at the Staybridge also - with large refrigerator, coffee maker with some good selections of coffee and tea, cooking stove, and all kitchen items. The room also had DVD player, so you can rent some movies from hotel front desk and can watch them in your room. The location is really good. It is very safe, clean and nice area where all other good hotels are located. It is walking distance to get to some nice resturants as well. There are Outback Steak House and the Brazirian all you can eat Buffet & Steak House called the Carnival near by. It is about 5 minutes walk from the hotel. If you would like to cook, Super Walmart is about 3 blocks away, and, if you would like to shop, the Empire Mall is also few blocks away. What we really liked about this hotel was that it was very quiet, and more quiet than staying at Staybridge. We have heard the hotel was new and renovated, so the sound proof must be improved. I did not hear the noise people using showers and bathrooms when we were sleeping at night and in the morning. Even though I love staying at Staybridge, but we never have been able to get away from using shower and bathroom noise from our neighbors even all our neighbors were very quiet. It was the one of the best hotel we have stayed. The staff was nice and friendly. Room was new and everything was nice and clean. We had no complains. We will definitely come back there again! :) Thank you for your great service! :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a new extended stay hotel located just off a major interstate. I recently stayed for work and found the room extremely work friendly. The desk was large enough to hold all of my binders and computer. The hotel was busy but the room was extremely quiet. I really could have heard a pin drop the entire night. The staff was friendly and helpful. You don't get daily maid service in this type of extended stay property. However, whenever you need something the staff gladly gets it to you. Great place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Yankton, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Room - Clean but it's a new hotel.
Breakfast - not served.
Parking Lot - Plenty of lights but it's a small lot not level with a hill in the middle.
Staff - Checking in the lady was nice but talked to staff a few times after didn't find them friendly at all.

Overall we stayed here since it was a new hotel. Other than the room being new we weren't impressed in the hotel. With no pool or breakfast we wouldn't take our children here either.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear bigtwagner,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I am pleased that you have noticed the cleanliness of our rooms. However, I apologize for the dissatisfaction you had experienced during your stay. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was a "stop on the road" hotel for us, and we were pleasantly surprised. Although it is in an area where you need to drive for restaurants, and it has no breakfast service, it is clean and with very comfortable accommodations.

Really liked the little kitchen area and there is lots of storage. The desk area offered a great place to work with good internet access.

There is a little pantry area where you can buy canned, packaged or frozen snacks, but otherwise, plan to eat out.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stay 100 nights a year in Sioux Falls and have tried every major hotel the city offers, and I have chosen to spend my nights at Candlewood. Love the layout of the room with a full kitchen, a large desk/table to work on, a comfortable bed, a recliner from which I can watch the large screen TV, a tub in which to soak the aches, and everything is like new. The other factor that sold me is the staff who recognize and call me by first name when I arrive. I too like the exercise facility and the location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Blairsville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This Candlewood sports the "new" look - its a little more urban with black lacquered cabinets and frosted glass in the doors. Very nice appearance. The staff here is courtesy and friendly. The location is great for Sioux Falls.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

First off, wish picture on hotel website would be accurate of parking lot. Especially when the lot is concrete, not asphalt and with less room than in photo. Do give high marks to the reception area staff, since they were friendly & helpful. My big concern is maintenance of the room. Knew they only cleaned once per week when I checked in.

However; after a week went by no cleaning was done and on a Sunday morning did ask woman behind counter if I could have room done that day or Monday, since I had been here since the previous Saturday. Well, Monday came & went with no room cleaning so I asked again for next day then finally room was cleaned altho bathroom floor was not mopped well. By the end of my two week stay, did realized my bed sheets were never changed. Know it's hard to find people to clean rooms, but a little effort could go a long way.

PS The walls are a little thin so be prepared to hear people in the next room.

• Stayed April 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear G2Bobomax,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am delighted you found our reception staff friendly and helpful. Please accept my apology for the shortcomings you experienced and if our facilities fell below your expectations. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer and comments from our guests are always welcome. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Candlewood Suites Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!