“Looks can be deceiving” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #10 of 51 Hotels in Sioux Falls
“Looks can be deceiving”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

First off, wish picture on hotel website would be accurate of parking lot. Especially when the lot is concrete, not asphalt and with less room than in photo. Do give high marks to the reception area staff, since they were friendly & helpful. My big concern is maintenance of the room. Knew they only cleaned once per week when I checked in.

However; after a week went by no cleaning was done and on a Sunday morning did ask woman behind counter if I could have room done that day or Monday, since I had been here since the previous Saturday. Well, Monday came & went with no room cleaning so I asked again for next day then finally room was cleaned altho bathroom floor was not mopped well. By the end of my two week stay, did realized my bed sheets were never changed. Know it's hard to find people to clean rooms, but a little effort could go a long way.

PS The walls are a little thin so be prepared to hear people in the next room.

• Stayed April 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear G2Bobomax,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am delighted you found our reception staff friendly and helpful. Please accept my apology for the shortcomings you experienced and if our facilities fell below your expectations. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer and comments from our guests are always welcome. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Marshall, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Candlewood Suites a few weeks ago for a weekend trip to Sioux Falls to shop and relax. It was the nicest Candlewood Suites we have ever stayed at before. The room was very affordable, spacious, modern and clean, and the staff was very friendly. The only negative was the accessible room that we received. We reserved an accessible room, but we received a room designated for a person with hearing special needs. The evening clerk had a verbal conversation with both my wife and me, so it would have been nice if the evening clerk would have gone a step further and asked if a hearing special needs room would be adequate for our stay or would we need a wheelchair special needs room which is what we required. Had we stayed for multiple nights, we would have requested a room change; however, we checked in late and were anxious to rest. The morning clerk apologized for the room type error and assured us that they have multiple times of special needs rooms. Overall though, we were very pleased with our stay and will stay again.

Room Tip: If you have special needs, I recommend that you specify your needs to ensure that you receive the ro...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kayla B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for your recent comments on Trip Advisor about the Candlewood Suites in Sioux Falls, SD. I am glad to hear that you were impressed with how affordable, spacious and clean your room was. I do want to apologize that my staff did not go the extra mile and place you in a room that would have better suited your needs. I have shared your comments with my staff in efforts to improve our service in situations like the one you encountered. We do hope that you will visit our hotel again in the future and that we will be better able to accommodate your needs.

Kayla Dannenbring

Brookings, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I had recently reserved a block of rooms and got the confirmation. Later I got another confirmation from the manager at a quite higher rate. Then a bit later a note saying they were not able to fulfill our request. It left us very frustrated, especially after all the hassle to get them booked. Very bad taste about this experience. No explanation, nothing. Very upset

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Jr982,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My job has me staying 10-15 nights per month at hotels, so I tend to be picky just because I have found myself in some pretty run down places when I haven't done enough research.

At first I was leery about this location because there were no reviews, but upon furthervinvestigation I learnedcthey had just opened in Nov.
Needless to say, I stayed at the Candlewood Suites this past week-end (Feb. 22, 2013) and had a very pleasant stay. Staff was very friendly upon check-in. WOW! what a beautiful place! The rooms are decorated with contemporary furniture, bedding, and flat screen TV's. The beds were so comfy! Great work-out center, and located near lots of shopping and dining. I will be back:)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business