“Excellent hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 49 hotels in Sioux Falls
Marshall, Minnesota, United States
“Excellent hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Candlewood Suites a few weeks ago for a weekend trip to Sioux Falls to shop and relax. It was the nicest Candlewood Suites we have ever stayed at before. The room was very affordable, spacious, modern and clean, and the staff was very friendly. The only negative was the accessible room that we received. We reserved an accessible room, but we received a room designated for a person with hearing special needs. The evening clerk had a verbal conversation with both my wife and me, so it would have been nice if the evening clerk would have gone a step further and asked if a hearing special needs room would be adequate for our stay or would we need a wheelchair special needs room which is what we required. Had we stayed for multiple nights, we would have requested a room change; however, we checked in late and were anxious to rest. The morning clerk apologized for the room type error and assured us that they have multiple times of special needs rooms. Overall though, we were very pleased with our stay and will stay again.

Room Tip: If you have special needs, I recommend that you specify your needs to ensure that you receive the ro...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kayla B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for your recent comments on Trip Advisor about the Candlewood Suites in Sioux Falls, SD. I am glad to hear that you were impressed with how affordable, spacious and clean your room was. I do want to apologize that my staff did not go the extra mile and place you in a room that would have better suited your needs. I have shared your comments with my staff in efforts to improve our service in situations like the one you encountered. We do hope that you will visit our hotel again in the future and that we will be better able to accommodate your needs.

Kayla Dannenbring

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Brookings, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I had recently reserved a block of rooms and got the confirmation. Later I got another confirmation from the manager at a quite higher rate. Then a bit later a note saying they were not able to fulfill our request. It left us very frustrated, especially after all the hassle to get them booked. Very bad taste about this experience. No explanation, nothing. Very upset

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Jr982,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My job has me staying 10-15 nights per month at hotels, so I tend to be picky just because I have found myself in some pretty run down places when I haven't done enough research.

At first I was leery about this location because there were no reviews, but upon furthervinvestigation I learnedcthey had just opened in Nov.
Needless to say, I stayed at the Candlewood Suites this past week-end (Feb. 22, 2013) and had a very pleasant stay. Staff was very friendly upon check-in. WOW! what a beautiful place! The rooms are decorated with contemporary furniture, bedding, and flat screen TV's. The beds were so comfy! Great work-out center, and located near lots of shopping and dining. I will be back:)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Candlewood Suites Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Candlewood Suites Sioux Falls

Address: 2725 South Carolyn Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57106
Location: United States > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #24 of 49 hotels in Sioux Falls
Hotel Class:2 star — Candlewood Suites Sioux Falls 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Candlewood Suites Sioux Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Candlewood Suites Sioux Falls, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.