“Perfect Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Sioux Falls

You added TownePlace Suites Sioux Falls to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites Sioux Falls
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4545 West Homefield Drive, Sioux Falls, SD 57106 (Formerly Settle Inn Suites of Sioux Falls)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Save 15% This Summer!
Ranked #33 of 51 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Colorado
“Perfect Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

We stayed one night in this hotel after visiting family in SW MN. This hotel was Perfect! We asked for late check-in and a crib (pack-n-play) for my infant son. Not only did they have a clean pack-n-play it was already set-up in our room when we arrived!
The suite was perfect for sleeping arrangements. The ammenities were perfect for an infant. Clean room, kitchenette for washing bottles, fridge for storing milk and snacks for the plane ride home, microwave for sterilizing bottles, and even a dishwasher!

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

We stayed here for one night using our Marriott points.

We checked in around midnight and that front desk clerk seemed a little less experience than others but it overall went smoothly.

We stayed in a one-bedroom suite and I was surprised with how much room we had. The room was overall clean, but a bit outdated. You could tell that they have been trying to improve it though.

This is a perfect place for an extended stay if need be. The kitchen was a great size. Even the bathroom had drawers in the vanity. (I wish I stayed at a place like this when I was with my husband out of town for a 2 week hospital stay. I could have used all that room!)

The bed was a bit firm - but I am also used to my sleep number bed at home. The breakfast in the morning was a typical hotel breakfast with all the usuals but it hit the spot.

I really enjoyed the hotel. My husband did not as much. He is more use to the more classier places such as the Marriott Courtyards.

But, overall it was a good stay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Murdo, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

Rooms were spacious, staff was super helpful, and breakfast was excellent! This will be the only place we stay when in Sioux Falls from now on!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Huron
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

This place has it all. Clean rooms, great location, and the friendliest staff around. Its the only place I will stay from here on out.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Ft. Pierre, SD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

I love the rooms, the beds are the most comfortable I've ever slept in at a hotel, and I have traveled a lot. I enjoy the suite, with the king size bed in a room seperate from the sitting room. The rooms are always clean, well stocked, and ready when I arrive. The staff is great, from the friendly housekeepers on up to the smiling, accessible management. The breakfasts are a great plus and save us money every trip to Sioux Falls. We have our family get togethers there at Christmas time and we have a family reunion there late in the spring. Great location, too! I recommend this hotel to anyone who's planning to go to Sioux Falls.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2008

This was our first (and last) stay at a TownePlace Suites. It looked great from the outside but as soon as we walked in the overwhelming feeling was "cheap, cheap, cheap". The guest internet station is poorly located, right across from the reception desk, and, since this was hardly ever staffed guests are often mistaken for employees. We had to call "hello, hello, anyone here" before a staff member came from the back room. Our room, 103, was small but had everything you would need for an overnight or two stay. Unfortunately everything was very poor quality; the taps and showerhead in the bathroom and the buckled flooring in the kitchen area. There was a bug cocoon in the corner of the bedroom which I didn't find at all appealing. There is no luggage rack so no place to put your suitcase unless you want to put it on the couch. When we departed there was no one on reception so we left a note about the bug cocoon with our room key.

• Liked — Comfortable bed, breakfast.
  • Disliked — Poor quality, layout of lobby, lack of staff.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2008

We arrived to find hair all over the bathroom. This makes me wonder how well the rooms are cleaned?!

There are no chairs at the table, only an office chair. However, the kitchenette is set up for 4 people?! How are they all supposed to sit and eat at the table? We had 6 people in this room. 4 adults and 2 children. We did use the hotel grill on the patio to cook steaks. We cooked the mushrooms, baked potatoes and corn on the cob in the room. The hotel staff gave us 2 more plates and additional forks, which was very helpful.

I don't get the concept of no chairs at the table.

We have done the Residence Inn before and found it to be much better, it was more spacious, and the beds were more comfortable. This suited our needs, but by no stretch was it comfortable. There was not enough space for us all to sit. I won't stay here again.

• Liked — Pool
  • Disliked — No seating in the room
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to TownePlace Suites Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!