“More than adequate” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
“More than adequate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

My preferred motel chain did not have a location in Sioux Falls, but its website redirected me to the Super 8 site, where I came across this hotel. We were looking for a layover hotel before moving on to Rapid City. Yes, it's located in the older part of town (and quite dead on Sunday) but once we figured how to get onto the property and in the lobby we were very satisfied with the customer service and the amenities. The room was very clean, though the bathroom was a bit small; not a problem. Also, there was no iron and board available but I made do. The highlight of breakfast was biscuits and gravy - hoky smokes they were good! I can't remember the last Super 8 I stayed at, but THIS stay was one of the best I've had.
If you're a Kardashian go stay somewhere else, but if you're looking for an adequate, no-hassle short stay in Sioux Falls, this is it.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
HersilPatel, Manager at Super 8 Sioux Falls/I-229, responded to this review, September 6, 2014
Dear Mike L: Thank you very much for such a great review. We are working to have irons and ironing boards in all out room by the end on Sept 2014. We appreciate you staying with us and hope that you will continue to stay with us when in Rochester.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Norfolk, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The hotel was clean, breakfast was bountiful, the pool and hot tub were in great shape, and the staff was helpful. The only concerns we had were: the seedy motel (weekly/monthly rates) that surrounded this hotel and its parking lot, and the difficulty getting into the property from I-229. We were only here for a long weekend, and so we didn't bother contacting the desk staff about the lack of internet access, but if I were here on business, it would have been a big concern.

Room Tip: Although the hotel advertised free wifi, the signal was so poor (on all 6 access points) that the re...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear PickyinNorfolk: Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us. Post states you were experiencing hardware issues using your wireless device. I wanted to point out to you that all our rooms have instructions on connecting to the internet and 24/7 technical support is available to help you use your wireless device to connect to our wireless internet. We hope that you will stay with us again.

Been to Super 8 Sioux Falls/I-229? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Sioux Falls/I-229

Address: 2616 East 10th Street, Sioux Falls, SD 57103
Location: United States > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
#2 Green Hotel in Sioux Falls
#13 Business Hotel in Sioux Falls
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Sioux Falls/I-229 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Super 8 Sioux Falls/I-229 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Sioux Falls
Super Eight Sioux Falls

If you own or manage Super 8 Sioux Falls/I-229, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.