“the entry to the hotel was dirty and the front lobby...” 2 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #24 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

The hotel staff was extremely courteous and efficient when we checked in later in the evening. Common areas are dingy but the rooms are clean and well kept. Common areas smelled like smoke even though no one was actively smoking but our non-smoking room smelled fine. The pool was small but kept my daughter entertained.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mary U, General Manager at Super 8 Sioux Falls/I-229, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. I was pleased to hear you were comfortable during your stay with us. Hope to see you again in the future.
Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Three of us had rooms here for two nights while in town for Hot Harley Nights. My room was nice & clean...had some issues with the card/entry and had to get the card reset twice...so that was my only real issue with the motel. The day & night staff were exceptionally nice folks...very helpful and knowledgeable of the area. The facility itself is ok and very clean...parking may be a little tight at times...not an issue if you are travelling via motorcycle. The apartments that other reviewers have mentioned are "right there" sharing some of the parking and they probably look a little "shadier" than they really are. Surprisingly, the motel was fairly quiet given that it is just off some busy streets/nearby interstate. The quirky thing is if you are heading east on 10th street and trying to get into the motel....you have to make a u-turn at the first opportunity or do a drive by and turn around somewhere down the line. Would I stay here again?....hmmm, only if I couldn't find a nicer place first. The location & layout (w/apartments) is the only downside keeping this motel from garnishing a higher rating from me & others.

Room Tip: Parking on the west side is better illuminated.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. Hope to see you next time your in our area.
Carol Stream, Ill.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

The hotel was ok, I just needed a bed for the night. The area was a little questionable. The apartments in the same parking lot had not to favorable people staying there. I wouldn't like it if I had a family. the parking lot needs to be bigger. there was alot of motorcycles on trailers, left hardly any room to park. The rooms seem outdated. The carpet in my room, looked like it needed to be restreched. Other than that the room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Mary U, General Manager at Super 8 Sioux Falls/I-229, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Hi Mark, Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. the comments I recieve from guests
are welcomed as to where we need improvement. I do apologize that parking was so busy with bikes. I do hope you will give us another chance in the future,as we will be doing many renovations.

Been to Super 8 Sioux Falls/I-229? Share your experiences!