Our family was in town for a weekend family reunion. There were a total of 13 people staying in 5 rooms for 3 nights. Problems began immediately:
* Located just off I-229 BUT you must make a U turn to enter if approaching from the west.
* It's surrounded by an apartment complex that caters to transients. I'm sure the apartments have been featured on at least one episode of COPS.
* Because of the inexperienced desk clerk, check-in took over 45 minutes.
* On night two, the A/C quit and we had to move to another room. Another 45 minutes...
* Also on night two, Aunt and Uncle returned to find no maid service had taken place.
* The "continental breakfast" food was stale and the coffee was terrible.
* 3rd floor ice machine didn't work.
* Our room stunk like sewer gas.
* On the morning of day three, the entire motel was awakened at 5:20 AM by a malfunctioning fire alarm. We all saw the sun rise in the parking lot standing next to a fire truck. After being allowed back in, the elevators didn't work. The staff seem non-concerned.
This was an experience that will not be soon forgotten. I would advise travelers to avoid this Super 8 at all costs.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Super 8 Sioux Falls/I-229 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Sioux Falls
- Super Eight Sioux Falls