“Avoid this hotel like the plague” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2616 East 10th Street, Sioux Falls, SD 57103   |
Ranked #26 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
blkbrd
“Avoid this hotel like the plague”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2008

Our family was in town for a weekend family reunion. There were a total of 13 people staying in 5 rooms for 3 nights. Problems began immediately:
* Located just off I-229 BUT you must make a U turn to enter if approaching from the west.
* It's surrounded by an apartment complex that caters to transients. I'm sure the apartments have been featured on at least one episode of COPS.
* Because of the inexperienced desk clerk, check-in took over 45 minutes.
* On night two, the A/C quit and we had to move to another room. Another 45 minutes...
* Also on night two, Aunt and Uncle returned to find no maid service had taken place.
* The "continental breakfast" food was stale and the coffee was terrible.
* 3rd floor ice machine didn't work.
* Our room stunk like sewer gas.
* On the morning of day three, the entire motel was awakened at 5:20 AM by a malfunctioning fire alarm. We all saw the sun rise in the parking lot standing next to a fire truck. After being allowed back in, the elevators didn't work. The staff seem non-concerned.

This was an experience that will not be soon forgotten. I would advise travelers to avoid this Super 8 at all costs.

• Liked — The free city map
  • Disliked — See review
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
catt94, General Manager at Super 8 Sioux Falls/I-229, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
I apologize your stay in June of 2008 was less than a good experiance. We are now under new managenent as well as new staff. Our goal is positive customer service and hope we improved the hotel to guests liking.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2006

We stayed at this motel, one night, due to an evening rodeo we were attending. The rodeo was held in an indoor, but unheated arena. Unfortunately, the evening was very cold but so was our motel room. You could tell the difference between the hallway and going into our room. I'm guessing the room temp was only around 40 degrees. We complained to the desk clerk but he said there was nothing they could do and the motel was full, so no option of moving us to a different room. No allowance was made for our uncomfortable room. We would not stay at this motel again.

• Disliked — extremely cold room with malfunctioning heating system
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here!
  • Stayed November 2005, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
I apologize your stay on 8/31/2006 was uncomfortable. We are under new management, and our goal is quality customer service.If you are our area please stop by to see the many improvements we have made.

Been to Super 8 Sioux Falls/I-229? Share your experiences!