“Please keep smoking rooms. When away for business and...” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2616 East 10th Street, Sioux Falls, SD 57103   |
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Staunton
“Please keep smoking rooms. When away for business and...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Please keep smoking rooms. When away for business and spending 100+ nights on the road, I want to be comfortable and not treated like a child.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Mary U, General Manager at Super 8 Sioux Falls/I-229, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for the great review...... Hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Carpepnter, Wy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the super 8 on east 10th for nearly three weeks.
Rose, Michelle and Mary were awesome!
They knew me by first name and treated me like family.
Stayed twice and would stay again in a heartbeat!

Oh and the hot tub is super hot!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for the awesome review, we are glad you were comfortable and pleased with the service. We hope to see you again when in the Sioux Falls area.
PIERRE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We found cig butts under the bed, and smelt cig smoke everytime we waked out of our room. We also found a childrens art work under a bed. The big thing was the Cig smoke and internet was WAY slow

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Mary U, General Manager at Super 8 Sioux Falls/I-229, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Hello Toni, Thank you for your review on trip advisor. I do sincerely apologize for your room being less than satisfactory. This is not our standards, due to these issues I have released the housekeeper from our employ, as I will not allow such a mess in any room. Once again I do apologize.
Emmetsburg, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My family and I used this hotel for our belated Christmas gathering. The party room accommodated young and old. Staff could not have been more helpful. The pool and the hot tub was perfectly maintained and clean. Tables and chairs were set up, clean, and ready when we got there. I stayed the night, so staff took down tables and chairs after the party. My family decided to make this hotel a holiday tradition! Thanks, Mary, Paul, Rose and Michele!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Mary U, General Manager at Super 8 Sioux Falls/I-229, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Hi Jody, Thank you for taking the time for an awesome review. We are so pleased our staff
helped make your Christmas gathering special. Hope to see you next time your in Sioux Falls
Baptistown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

First of all let me say im not saying this is a bad place to stay cause it wasnt most of the staff was amazing friendly smiles and our room was very clean tho i was shoked to find out it also offered smoking rooms... We stayed for 3 nights here and my kids had and amazing time we got in late and the girl at the front desk dont remember her name she had black hair and a bubbly attitude kept the ppol open till 10:45 for us so the kids could swim... In the mornig when i let housekeeping know that i was going out for the day they werere prompt to clean my room it look great when we got back i was very pleased the only complaint is my kids being kicked out of the lobby they went to ask the girl if the pool was open the sing states they need to be 14 my oldest is 15 my other two are 10, 12 i sent them down and was changing to come down when i got there they were comming up the elevator stating that the front desk girl had kicked them out and told them they couldnt go swimming i asked them why they said they needed an adult even my 14 year old ok so if thats was the case then why does the sign state that they need to be 14 if there going to kick them out anyways later on and my son told the lady i was on my way down she still refused to let them stay in the pool told them no you need to get out now upon walking away my son heard her say wow some parents are just lazy, and cant watch there kids im not a babysitter for christ sakes around 2 that day we were all getting ready to go swimming again i sent them down and told them to wait by the door for me so they wouldnt get kicked out again.. my daughter came running up to the room crying stating that the front desk girl had yelled at them and told them to stay in there room they cannot be running around the hotel and stomping on the floors my son told her we had just got back and changed she said i dont care u need to go to your room and stay there if she had to see them agin she was calling the cops on thier parents and kicking them out.. we did hear rucus but it was on the 3rd floor she automatically blamed my children whom were waitng outside the pool room for me when i came down to talk to here she acted as tho she had no clue what i was talking about and argued whit my 14 year old son about him being a liar and stating she never talked to them.. because of this we cut our stay short and went to the Ramada I dont know if the girl was having a bad day or if she hates kids but i dont even talk to my children the way she did nor do i yell at them i would not stay here again with an employee like that and after reading another review with the title "Customer Service???" i was positve it was the same girl.. How she still has a job im unssure but she needs to be taught manners i do apologize for the bad review most of my stay was great but an employee with her attitude and the way she treated my children is uncalled for plan and simple so i will not ever be returning to your hotel nor will i recommend it to any family or friends

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Mary U, General Manager at Super 8 Sioux Falls/I-229, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Hello Ameiere,
I have reviewed your comments on Trip Advisor. I am very pleased you were happy with your room. I am sorry for the following.
The desk clerk that treated you and your children so badly is no longer employed here. I am amazed she acted that way toward you and the kids, that is totally unaccepable. The situation did NOT call for the measures she took.
Please accept my apologies for her actions.
I do hope you wil give us a chance to show we do believe in customer service. Once again I do apologize.
Bolder
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Me and my husband stayed here in october we've in the past had some bad experiences with super 8 but here was a whole diffrent story first off the hotel was beautiful very clean and the breakfast tho small was good the breakfast lady roseanna was very helpful and nice. The apartments across the way were a little sketchy at first but turned out to be not bad... The only complaint that i had was with the front desk girl that work morning shift Misty was her name she was very rude and looked like a zombie... upon arriving i had to wait for 10 min even with dialing 0 for the operator i finally went outside and ask the girl whom was laying on the sidewalk smoking if she knew who the check in lady was she responded that it was hee and to wait a min that she would be in.. we waited another 5 min to be checked in later that night my husband went to the desk to ask about breakfast and what time the pool was open until When he got to the desk she was asleep on the counter when he finally awoke her she looked at him and said what... i was very upset with her attitude besides her our overall stay was amazing the rest of the staff was nice polite and we had a front desk girl Rose go above and beyond for us when we needed directions to Thunder Road she even printed us a map I would definatly stay here agin

Room Tip: Definatly call directly they have great rates and discounts