“hot tub get away” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
ROCK VALLEY
“hot tub get away”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We chose this hotel for the hot tub room and enjoyed a very relaxing and quiet stay. The expectations that we had were met.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Mary U, General Manager at Super 8 Sioux Falls/I-229, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
RockValleyMan--Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review. We are happy to hear your stay with us met your expectations and you were comfortable. We hope to see you again when your in Sioux Falls.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
ABERDEEN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

It would have been helpful to know about the construction. I also would have liked to know I could have done a u-tuern instead of going through the restauramt parking lot to get to your parking lot. The staff was great and gave me terrific directions to where I needed to be!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Hello Kim W, Thank you for the great review. We are pleased that your stay was comfortable
and my staff was helpful.We are really happy the construction is FINALLY DONE on our street.
Hope to see you again when your in Sioux Falls.
Home
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is a convenient location close to dining and stores. It is a small place but the rooms are nice and clean and the staff friendly. Tucked away beside some apartments and the area seemed safe to us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mary U, General Manager at Super 8 Sioux Falls/I-229, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for the GREAT review. It is our goal for our guests to have a pleasant, comfortable stay. We hope to see you again soon.
Clinton, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Property is located right new some very low-rent apartments, so location was definitely a disappointment. Room was a little dated. Pool was okay. Staff was helpful. Breakfast wasn't much. Stayed here for the pool so kids could swim. Probably should have chosen Super 8 located right off I-29 that my husband had already stayed twice previous. He said accommodations were much, much better.

Room Tip: If you aren't looking for a pool, choose the Super-8 off I-29.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Aberdeen, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

When we 1st walked into the room, it was hot and very stuffy. Checked the air after we took our shoes off on the sticky floor (like pop was spilt on the whole floor and not cleaned) it was on low cool. We turned it on high cool and left to shop, came back 5 hours later and it was still hot. We opened the window so it wasn't so stuffy and were wiping sweat off our faces. We were not in the room for more than 30 mins. and received a phone call from the front desk and we were unable to have a conversation due to the static from the phone, so we went to the front desk to see what they wanted. We had a "noise" complaint from the room below us. Explained to the front desk clerk, and she was very nice, that the kids were just sitting on the floor playing with bounce putty (this is the 1st noise complaint that we've ever had while traveling with the kids). The next morning we had the complimentary breakfast, which was not good at all, and let the front desk know that the air did not work and we had to open the window just so it wasn't so stuffy. We left for the day again and came back sun burnt so didn't really notice the air not working still. The morning we were checking out, I was trying to put make-up on and had to wipe the sweat off my face just to apply it. We let them know on our way out that the air still did not work. She said they fixed it and that the window was left open (which we told her about to begin with).

Overall, the price is right, the beds were comfortable and the staff was great other than the maintenance guy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family