“complete dump” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
akron, oh
“complete dump”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

Place is falling apart. Paint falling off walls. Tub/shower is teeny tiny. Hotel brags about soundproofing but I heard everything going on all around me. I didn't use the pool or hot tub, so I can't comment, but I'll never stay here again.

There are so many options within a mile of this dump that I cannot believe they are still in business.

On the bright side, the staff and location was great. But this should be a $60 hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
dakotaoutlaw, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, January 7, 2010
We appreciate all reviews good and bad. As the manager of this property I work very hard to exceed the expectations of my guests. I know we are not always perfect, and on occasion there may be legitimate issues, and I "want" to know about these so I can resolve any issue or problem the guest has experienced. I wish this reviewer would have contacted me so I could have personally worked with him to address the concerns he may have had. As the manager of this property, naturally you would think I want to defend the hotel. Honestly, I would not make excuses if we missed the mark when it comes to providing ours guest(s) clean and comfortable accommodations. I do want to address the main points of this persons review. First, the hotel is not a dump, and the paint isn't falling off the walls (our guests are always welcome to look at their room before they pay for it). Secondly, AmericInn's are built with special sound guard construction, and our properties, as a rule, are very quiet. If the reviewer's stay was noisy, I want to be the first to apologize. I only wish you would have brought this to my attention or to the attention of my staff. I appreciate the opportunity to present our response to this review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Jeannette,PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2007

We always enjoy AmericInns. The family loves the pool area. The sioux falls hotel has a wonderfull breakfast with waffles bisquits and gravy and all the other fixins. The housekeeping work is second to none.

Wonderfull staff as always thankyou.

• Liked — Great and accomodating staff
  • Disliked — Cannot think of any dislikes whatsoever!!
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2007

Stayed Fri 12/29/30
Two rooms with 4 adults and 3 kids
Bill was less than $150.00
we all enjoyed the pool , and large hot tub
the free breakfast was very nice and saved on the budget.
Had lots of stuff including waffles and bisquets and gravey.
Lots of eateries and Casinos and bars within a two block area
of the hotel.
Would definately stay again.

• Liked — pool hot tub free breakfast Casino/bar accross street
  • Stayed December 2006
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls

Address: 3508 S Gateway Blvd, Sioux Falls, SD 57106
Location: United States > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #20 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Hotel Class:2.5 star — AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls 2.5*
The AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls is the ideal location for your next stay, whether you're traveling for business or pleasure. We are proud to provide the amenities you want most and deliver them at the highest level possible starting with comfortable, quieter guestrooms. Our hotel offers a variety of room types, each featuring 32” LCD flat screen TVs, including suites with whirlpools. Wake up each morning to our free, hot, home-style AmericInn Perk breakfast and stay connected with free, hotel-wide, high-speed internet. Relax in our cozy fire-lit lobby and enjoy our inviting, indoor pool and hot tub.AmericInn Hotel and Suites is conveniently located off I-29 & 41st street in Sioux Falls, just minutes from all the area's best attractions, including the Empire Mall. During your stay, be sure to explore the area and the many riches that make it unique, from parks to culture, entertainment, shopping, sports and music. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with AmericInn Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.