“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 51 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Pipestone
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

This Americinn is a great place to stay. It is close to entertainment, a shopping mall and several dining establishments. It is also close to a movie complex. This motel is close to the interstate and is very easy to exit the interstate and very easy to get back on the interstate. We stayed the same time as a high school group did and we didn't hear any noise. Being so close to the interstate we were afraid of the highway noise but there was no noise coming from the interstate either. We registered online and the check in was excellent. It was very fast and the desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. Giving directions to all the places I stated above. The continental breakfast was AWESOME!! There is no one that would not be able to find something that would like to eat. In fact there were too many items that I did like and a doggy bag would have been great so I could have taken some of the good food along.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Kathy A, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for our hotel. We appreciate it very much.

We try to make our guests happy while they are with us, and we are so glad we succeeded with you! We look forward to seeing you again.

Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Owatonna, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

stay was very good bed was a little hard and hot tub was dated but over all it was a good stay. We did not use these hot tub. I would definately stay there again. Staff was friendly and accomodating. Thank you

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Kathy A, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you very much for submitting your review for our hotel. We appreciate your feedback.
We are so happy to know that you will be returning. We know you have choices when you stay in Sioux Falls, and we are happy that you choose us.

Thank you again, hope to see you again soon.
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Ours was a very short stay, and didn't have time to make use of the pool, or have the breakfast that was offered, as we had an early breakfast appointment outside of the motel, but everything was very clean, and satisfactory to our estimation.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Kathy A, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you so much for your positive review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to see you again soon!
Thor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Great hotel. Great price. Very clean. Very friendly staff. Only thing that could be better is the breakfast. Overall this was a great place to stay, have stayed before and will stay again when in the area!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Kathy A, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for your recent review, we appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel.
We are very happy that you enjoy staying with us, and we will continue to work hard to earn your business.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Just a few blocks from the mall and many good restaurants.
I enjoy the motels clean rooms, new furniture and new queen size beds.
Very nice breakfast no need to go out.
Reasonable priced rooms and I will be staying there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for submitting your review. We appreciate your feedback, as well as your business. We know you have choices in Sioux Falls, and we are glad that you return to us. We will continue to work hard to keep your business.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again.
Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Got the Hot tub suite, dirty bathroom, half working tub and the worst breakfast of any hotel in town. Seems nice at first but by morning wish I would have paid more for a clean hotel with an actual breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Kathy A, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you so much for your recent review. I sincerely apologize if we didn't provide you with excellent service that you expect when you stay with us.

I know that when we received your reservation, we had some special requests concerning towels and dust allergies. We always clean our guest rooms very well, but because there was a request concerning allergies, I personally printed your reservation and gave it to our head housekeeper to make sure your room was the way you requested. I apologize if we didn't succeed, that was not our intention. We strive to make all of our guests happy while they are with us.

I invite you to call me directly at 605-361-3538 so I can make this right with you.

Thank you again for your review, and we really hope we can resolve this and keep you as a loyal customer.
Watertown, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stayed in the Americ Inn in Sioux Falls, SD over the weekend and I was definitely not impressed. The motel is very dated, the room was clean, however, I am not impressed that the maid now leaves an envelope in the room for a "tip" - does everyone who works think they need a tip, no one tips me in my job. Also, the water was lukewarm at best, I was expecting to relax in a nice and hot tub, but to my dismay, it was lukewarm and the next morning the same thing, a lukewarm bath. The room was clean, however, I went downstairs early evening to get a cup of HOT coffee and when I got the coffee it was cold, so I asked the desk clerk, her response was "you can put it in the microwave and warm it up", other motels I have stayed in always has "hot" coffee available for its guests. The real kicker was Sunday morning when we went down for breakfast, very disappointing, the fruit was gone, the apple juice was water, the coffee once again was cold and the "motel workers" I am assuming they are in the laundry department or the room cleaners, were actually in line and butting in getting food in front of the motel guests, they were discussing their night out in front of all the guests, and then they just took their plates and had a chair for quite sometime eating their breakfast. Maybe it is ok with the management of that motel, however, I feel the guests should have got their meals first then once closed to the public, the workers could sit down and eat what might be left over. I really don't believe I will be staying at this motel again. Pretty disappointing.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Kathy A, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you so much for reviewing our property. We sincerely apologize if we weren't able to make your stay a great one. After reading your review, I am wondering if there is some sort of mistake. We have recently updated all of our guest rooms with flat screen TVs, new beds, new bedding packages, new paint, new case goods, and all of our rooms come standard with new refrigerators and microwaves. We have also redone our entire pool area, complete with new decking, and new furniture. We know how important it is to keep everything fresh looking and maintained for our guests, and we pride ourselves on this. This year we will be updating the lobby area, and installing new carpet throughout.

We never allow our staff to be in the breakfast area to eat, they are only allowed to be there to restock food or clean. I have been here for 4 years, and have never known any of our staff to get breakfast and sit in the lobby with it, so I am wondering if it could have been someone else. I am not saying we don't make mistakes, we certainly do. My staff is always ready to go above and beyond for our guests, so we are hoping to see you again. Please feel free to call me directly at 605-361-3538 if I can be of further assistance.

Again I apologize if we you did not provide you with excellent service.

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!