“Think Again” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Scotland
“Think Again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Got the Hot tub suite, dirty bathroom, half working tub and the worst breakfast of any hotel in town. Seems nice at first but by morning wish I would have paid more for a clean hotel with an actual breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Kathy A, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you so much for your recent review. I sincerely apologize if we didn't provide you with excellent service that you expect when you stay with us.

I know that when we received your reservation, we had some special requests concerning towels and dust allergies. We always clean our guest rooms very well, but because there was a request concerning allergies, I personally printed your reservation and gave it to our head housekeeper to make sure your room was the way you requested. I apologize if we didn't succeed, that was not our intention. We strive to make all of our guests happy while they are with us.

I invite you to call me directly at 605-361-3538 so I can make this right with you.

Thank you again for your review, and we really hope we can resolve this and keep you as a loyal customer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Watertown, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stayed in the Americ Inn in Sioux Falls, SD over the weekend and I was definitely not impressed. The motel is very dated, the room was clean, however, I am not impressed that the maid now leaves an envelope in the room for a "tip" - does everyone who works think they need a tip, no one tips me in my job. Also, the water was lukewarm at best, I was expecting to relax in a nice and hot tub, but to my dismay, it was lukewarm and the next morning the same thing, a lukewarm bath. The room was clean, however, I went downstairs early evening to get a cup of HOT coffee and when I got the coffee it was cold, so I asked the desk clerk, her response was "you can put it in the microwave and warm it up", other motels I have stayed in always has "hot" coffee available for its guests. The real kicker was Sunday morning when we went down for breakfast, very disappointing, the fruit was gone, the apple juice was water, the coffee once again was cold and the "motel workers" I am assuming they are in the laundry department or the room cleaners, were actually in line and butting in getting food in front of the motel guests, they were discussing their night out in front of all the guests, and then they just took their plates and had a chair for quite sometime eating their breakfast. Maybe it is ok with the management of that motel, however, I feel the guests should have got their meals first then once closed to the public, the workers could sit down and eat what might be left over. I really don't believe I will be staying at this motel again. Pretty disappointing.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Kathy A, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you so much for reviewing our property. We sincerely apologize if we weren't able to make your stay a great one. After reading your review, I am wondering if there is some sort of mistake. We have recently updated all of our guest rooms with flat screen TVs, new beds, new bedding packages, new paint, new case goods, and all of our rooms come standard with new refrigerators and microwaves. We have also redone our entire pool area, complete with new decking, and new furniture. We know how important it is to keep everything fresh looking and maintained for our guests, and we pride ourselves on this. This year we will be updating the lobby area, and installing new carpet throughout.

We never allow our staff to be in the breakfast area to eat, they are only allowed to be there to restock food or clean. I have been here for 4 years, and have never known any of our staff to get breakfast and sit in the lobby with it, so I am wondering if it could have been someone else. I am not saying we don't make mistakes, we certainly do. My staff is always ready to go above and beyond for our guests, so we are hoping to see you again. Please feel free to call me directly at 605-361-3538 if I can be of further assistance.

Again I apologize if we you did not provide you with excellent service.
Hancock, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We arrived a bit earlier than check in but were able to get right into our room.
The room was clean. The shower head delivered a very hard spray. We could easily hear the shower in the next room when it was being used but other than that the room was quiet and the beds comfortable.
The breakfast area had few tables. We were pleased with the continental breakfast

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for reviewing our property. We appreciate your feedback, and look forward to you visiting us again.
Willmar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

This is a very nice motel. It is easy access to I-29, several restuarants, the mall, etc. There is actually a bar and grill within walking distance but I did not visit it. The breakfast is VERY GOOD! There is plenty of seating, hot and fresh food items as well as different beverages. The staff is also very friendly and accomadating. the rooms are clean, comfortable and pleasant. FYI- There is a very valuable coupon in the RoomSaver coupon book that can be found at rest areas, truck stops and such ($59.99).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Kathy A, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. We appreciate your comments.
We try very hard to make our guest experience a wonderful one, and we are so happy that we succeeded.

Again, thank you. We hope to see you again soon.
Lakefield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Room was extremely loud, two light fixtures did not work, couch was broken, room smelt of smoke, manager and night staff was very rude and disrespectful. Amazing location but terrible management beware not recommended

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thank you for submitting a review for our hotel. We appreciate your comments, as they can help us to see what we are doing well and the areas in which we need to improve.

I apologize if your stay wasn't as good as you had hoped. We pride ourselves on making our guests' experiences with us excellent.

Please feel free to call me directly at 605-361-3538 so I can discuss this with you. Thank you again for your input.
Wahpeton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We last minute called and got great rates for a standard room! Most excellent service from front desk! Pool area was good! Very large hot tub! Continental breakfast with good healthy options! A+
Thank you!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Kathy A, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We know that you have choices when you stay in Sioux Falls, and we appreciate that you choose us.

Thank you again, and we hope to see you again soon.
Polk City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

The price was okay $75 for 2 people on a weeknight. The hotel itself was nice, warm, inviting lobby, rooms were med sized, nice beds and linens, med sized bath, towels were mid quality. Fridge and micro offered in the room and in good working condition. The room smelled good, no smoky, moldy hotel smell. The hotel was kept quiet during the night even though it was full of construction workers. The parking was the only issue, since the lot was full of large construction trucks which made finding a parking spot tough. The hot complimentary breakfast was good and the breakfast area was clean and well stocked with make your own waffles, pastries, coffee, tea,juices, milk, cereals. Liked the complimentary USA paper too. I've stayed here several times int he past and I'll plan to stay here again upon my next visit. Enjoy!

• Stayed November 2013
Kathy A, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are so happy that you were happy with your stay with us.
We are sorry if there was a parking problem, and we understand that this was inconvenient for you. We are taking your input under consideration, and we will try to change the way some of the trucks currently park.
Thank you again for your review, and we will look forward to seeing you again.

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!